The 2 wildcard teams will be...

afosomf

Results are what matters so Revis did his job well enough, having said that strictly via the eyeball test what is being said was true imo .  Revis did not look near as crisp in his defense as in the past and that is a tad concerning.   In the end the Jets let the Raiders 4th or so WR score two tds.

listen you and I both know , I said a lot of things I didn't get right.( was wrong on).     Well this one I did get right.  When I said before the season, that despite the money the Jets invested in that secondary , that it was a huge question mark. ( Jetnut went nuts)  jets only play two good passing offense- Patriots and Raiders - other team didn't have weapons or the offense line to expose that Jet weakness.

Revis while still a top tier CB , he isn't Revis Island version now  , as that player doesn't exist anymore. He can be beat way more frequently today than a couple years ago.   He can't stay with the young pup A Cooper anymore.

Revis isn't jets biggest problem at CB as that Cromartie and Skrine. ( what I said before the season as you can look it up)

Looked very good to me.    Derek Carr is going to go where he has the best matchup.   This isn't about running up Amari Cooper numbers, but winning the game.   ( don't think Crabtree going for over 100 yards, Cooper didn't play a hand in that).    The Raiders offense isn't just one player, but a lot of players that play a key role on offense that's keeps on improving week after week.

The Raiders again moved the ball at will on a very good defense( unlike Denver they didn't have costly turnover - see L Murray two turnovers , ill advised pass by Carr ,and Jano missed two chip shot field goals.) 

This Raider offense can compete with anyone.  The defense still needs some more work.  Getting back Fs  Nate Allen  in two weeks , should improve The Raiders secondary a lot ( t j Carrie can go back to cB).     I wouldn't mind The Raiders looking for some more help on defense ( MLB and another CB)

Except for the games they dont?  See Bengals, Broncos, Bears.  Maybe it just teams that start with B?  Should be good the rest of the way!

Good win yesterday.  Congrats.  Oakland is going in the right direction. 

listen you and I both know , I said a lot of things I didn't get right.( was wrong on).     Well this one I did get right.  When I said before the season, that despite the money the Jets invested in that secondary , that it was a huge question mark. ( Jetnut went nuts)  jets only play two good passing offense- Patriots and Raiders - other team didn't have weapons or the offense line to expose that Jet weakness.

Revis while still a top tier CB , he isn't Revis Island version now  , as that player doesn't exist anymore. He can be beat way more frequently today than a couple years ago.   He can't stay with the young pup A Cooper anymore.

Revis isn't jets biggest problem at CB as that Cromartie and Skrine. ( what I said before the season as you can look it up)

Hey Raider, what kind of clock management was that by Del Rio in the 4th quarter?

Run the damn ball, make the Jets use their T0's and take a knee.

That one 3 and out with 3 straight passes took a whopping 27 seconds off the clock.

Dumb.

You did say this but its only 2 bad games (1 vs. a HOF'er on the best team in the league and 1 vs. a team they had to travel opposite coast all banged up for a late start).

Even after the past 2 games, they still hold QB's the lowest completion % in the league, top 5 in yards, tied for 4th in most picks...so you were wrong but it certainly didnt look it yesterday.  If it persists, I'll give you credit but not because of one bad game. 

Meanwhile, Revis who is not Revis anymore, held both Edelman and Cooper to their worst games of the year.

Looked very good to me.    Derek Carr is going to go where he has the best matchup.   This isn't about running up Amari Cooper numbers, but winning the game.   ( don't think Crabtree going for over 100 yards, Cooper didn't play a hand in that).    The Raiders offense isn't just one player, but a lot of players that play a key role on offense that's keeps on improving week after week.

The Raiders again moved the ball at will on a very good defense( unlike Denver they didn't have costly turnover - see L Murray two turnovers , ill advised pass by Carr ,and Jano missed two chip shot field goals.) 

This Raider offense can compete with anyone.  The defense still needs some more work.  Getting back Fs  Nate Allen  in two weeks , should improve The Raiders secondary a lot ( t j Carrie can go back to cB).     I wouldn't mind The Raiders looking for some more help on defense ( MLB and another CB)

The Raider offense is good but don't get it twisted; the way the Jets defense played yesterday, they couldn't stop a Pee Wee league team.  I have not seen that many missed tackles I don't know how long.   It was like the were still on east coast time or something and didn't realize the game had started.  Purely pathetic.  Having said that, your team is looking good.    

Hey Raider, what kind of clock management was that by Del Rio in the 4th quarter?

Run the damn ball, make the Jets use their T0's and take a knee.

That one 3 and out with 3 straight passes took a whopping 27 seconds off the clock.

Dumb.

He did that sh*t when he coached the Jags too.  The game they beat the Steelers in the playoffs, he almost blew because he came out throwing with a 2 TD lead in the 4th instead of killing the clock.  Steelers made a comeback and barely lost the game (2pts I think).

You were wrong. Revis, Skrine and Gilcrist have been revelations. I have no idea what you are talking about;; Skrine has played hurt these last few games and probably shouldn't even have played.  Cros play has been uneven but he has had some good games as well.  Losing to the Pats, wasn't because of their passing offense, it was because we could not run the ball at all plus the fact that the Pats took away Marshall and dared Fitz to beat them passing to Decker and the rest.    Revis doesn't have to be Revis Island. He is still a top five corner in this league.   If you think our secondary is a problem you are truly clueless about the 2015 Jets.

You did say this but its only 2 bad games (1 vs. a HOF'er on the best team in the league and 1 vs. a team they had to travel opposite coast all banged up for a late start).

Even after the past 2 games, they still hold QB's the lowest completion % in the league, top 5 in yards, tied for 4th in most picks...so you were wrong but it certainly didnt look it yesterday.  If it persists, I'll give you credit but not because of one bad game. 

Meanwhile, Revis who is not Revis anymore, held both Edelman and Cooper to their worst games of the year.

He has no idea what he is talking about; it is our lack of pass rush and slow linebackers that have been more of an issue than our secondary.  Every secondary struggles against Tom Brady I am seriously is he for real?   

He has no idea what he is talking about; it is our lack of pass rush and slow linebackers that have been more of an issue than our secondary.  Every secondary struggles against Tom Brady I am seriously is he for real?   

He's wrong a lot.  He has some terrible takes.  And when its all said and done maybe we revisit this and give him credit...but not right now because of one bad game.  They've been stellar otherwise. 

Beg to differ, game was over at 28-3, Raiders foot went off the pedal. also revis had a safety on top to cover coop. why throw to coop when crabtree and the other dude was wide open all game. 

Beg to differ, game was over at 28-3, Raiders foot went off the pedal. also revis had a safety on top to cover coop. why throw to coop when crabtree and the other dude was wide open all game. 

The Raiders scored on the opening drive of the 2nd half.  They didnt take the foot off the gas.  Revis did what Revis does, they threw away from him and unfortunately this game, the other guys had no answer.  

Cooper is great.  Guy is an unreal talent.  Whether you think he was open all game and Carr just decided not to throw to his favorite target or they just didnt throw to him because of Revis, the fact remains, he had his worst day as a pro and you know who was following him around.  I didnt see any safety help. 

In the AFC I think you can count out quite a lot of teams already : Titans, Ravens, Browns, Chargers all have 6 losses and none look a threat for a late season run (quite the opposite, with the way injuries are hitting some of them). Jags, Texans and Chiefs have 5 losses; only way Jags or Texans can make it is if they win the crappy AFC South. Chiefs are now 1.5 games adrift of the Raiders, and again not looking like a team that's going on a run.

I'm assuming Colts win the South, but even if not, no South team is claiming a Wild Card spot.

I'm also assuming that the Patsies, Broncos and Bengals win their divisions. I think given that they have 3+ game leads, this is pretty much certain (catastrophic injuries aside).

That leaves the Raiders, Steelers, Jets, Bills and Dolphins. Those are the 5 teams that are playing for the Wild Card. Jets and Bills play each other twice; if either team can sweep the other it'll put them in pole position for second in the AFC East. Miami have already lost all 3 divisional match ups so are a little further behind.

Buffalo actually have a fairly OK schedule left - only teams with winning records are Patsies and Jets (twice). As I say those two Jet match ups will be key, and you know Rex will have his team up for those games.

Steelers and Raiders both have pretty tough schedules still, so it's far too early to say where they'll end up. Steelers losing Bell could be big, but they've done well minus Big Ben, so you can't count them out. They should win their two games vs. the Browns, the Colts and the Ravens  (though that game could still be tricky). Outside of those games they've got the Raiders, Seahawks, Bengals and Broncos. They may need to win 2 of those to earn a spot.

Raiders seem pretty healthy, but won't be taken lightly by anyone now. I'd still say they should win at least 5 of their remaining games (Lions, Titans, Chargers, Chiefs * 2). Outside of that they've got Steelers, Broncos, Packers and Vikings ... one win out of those (or two if they split with KC) would win them a spot at 10-6. Vikes at home is most likely of those 4.

Right now I think I'd put my money on the Raiders and either the Jets or Bills from the East. So much depends on our QB status moving forward. Whoever plays, we MUST beat the Bills.

The Raiders scored on the opening drive of the 2nd half.  They didnt take the foot off the gas.  Revis did what Revis does, they threw away from him and unfortunately this game, the other guys had no answer.  

Cooper is great.  Guy is an unreal talent.  Whether you think he was open all game and Carr just decided not to throw to his favorite target or they just didnt throw to him because of Revis, the fact remains, he had his worst day as a pro and you know who was following him around.  I didnt see any safety help. 

I only saw what footage redzone  shown, i am reading reports from what scouts takes were on game. according to them, revis had a safety on top. I also saw revis interview clips regarding his opinion on him.  Either way the jets Def blew chunks. i am happy for cooper, cause when he was drafted by Oak, i thought he may never be able to win there. Carr looks very good. Oak will just get better

Archived