Report: Jets looking to trade for a QB

jetscrazey

Hopefully geno isnt too hurt. Petty isnt ready and the coaching staff knows it.  Which is why they're looking to pick up someone else in case geno is hurt or gets hurt.

Seasons not over but we are really banged up. The injuries are piling up and taking a toll. I mean pryors hurt,allen his back up is gone for the year. Cant forget 2 of our TEs in amaro and sudfield are gone,owusu is probably done,devin smith is hurt,ivory doesnt look himself,decker and marshall are banged up,mangolds hurt,milliners hurt,fitz is hurt,bilal is hurt,skrine isnt healthy.......i mean jesus this team has been hit HARD. Even enunwa getting suspended hurts because his blocking helped the run game.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully geno isnt too hurt. Petty isnt ready and the coaching staff knows it.  Which is why they're looking to pick up someone else in case geno is hurt or gets hurt.

Seasons not over but we are really banged up. The injuries are piling up and taking a toll. I mean pryors hurt,allen his back up is gone for the year. Cant forget 2 of our TEs in amaro and sudfield are gone,owusu is probably done,devin smith is hurt,ivory doesnt look himself,decker and marshall are banged up,mangolds hurt,milliners hurt,fitz is hurt,bilal is hurt,skrine isnt healthy.......i mean jesus this team has been hit HARD. Even enunwa getting suspended hurts because his blocking helped the run game.

Geno is that hurt - throwing arm shoulder and abdominal injury mean only one thing - he can not throw.

With Fits out at least 1-4 weeks, we need a QB now!

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

I think what you do here is Let Petty Play . Why ? Because a few things can happen and its not the end of the world if he gets a sample size of the NFL game. If that's too much for him to deal with then he does not belong in the NFL anyway. He won't get ruined unless we throw him to the dogs with no outlet and let him get hammered for the rest of the year.

1. Petty plays good and shows promise. If so and Fitz is back in 4 weeks, we cut Geno on the spot.

2. Petty gets to sample the game and its speed for 4 games and can take that info and learning experience and make adjustments . If he fails, Fitz will be back to take over after 4 weeks.

3. If Petty gets rolled and plays "Geno horrific bad" you have the guy you grabbed off the street like Matt Flynn who can step in and take over for a week or 2 until Fitz gets back.

Petty is here to play football he's been with the team long enough and many rookies have come to play in this exact situation and performed well. This kid has the talent its time to see if he has the brains.

I think what you do here is Let Petty Play . Why ? Because a few things can happen and its not the end of the world if he gets a sample size of the NFL game. If that's too much for him to deal with then he does not belong in the NFL anyway. He won't get ruined unless we throw him to the dogs with no outlet and let him get hammered for the rest of the year.

1. Petty plays good and shows promise. If so and Fitz is back in 4 weeks, we cut Geno on the spot.

2. Petty gets to sample the game and its speed for 4 games and can take that info and learning experience and make adjustments . If he fails, Fitz will be back to take over after 4 weeks.

3. If Petty gets rolled and plays "Geno horrific bad" you have the guy you grabbed off the street like Matt Flynn who can step in and take over for a week or 2 until Fitz gets back.

Petty is here to play football he's been with the team long enough and many rookies have come to play in this exact situation and performed well. This kid has the talent its time to see if he has the brains.

I see what your saying, but i feel like this is the same formula that ruined sanchez. With how banged up we are right now, i think it would be a mistake to throw petty into a situation where it will be hard to succeed. Granted if we were already done and this season was a lost, i say we have nothing to lose and let him get the experience. However, we are far from done. We had two back to back ruff losses. We have a pretty easy schedule ahead of us and far from done. If we can get someone to hold the fort until fitz is back then I think we can steer this ship back onto the right path. As sh*tty as this monday morning seems, we are 4-3 with plenty of football left to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see what your saying, but i feel like this is the same formula that ruined sanchez. With how banged up we are right now, i think it would be a mistake to throw petty into a situation where it will be hard to succeed. Granted if we were already done and this season was a lost, i say we have nothing to lose and let him get the experience. However, we are far from done. We had two back to back ruff losses. We have a pretty easy schedule ahead of us and far from done. If we can get someone to hold the fort until fitz is back then I think we can steer this ship back onto the right path. As sh*tty as this monday morning seems, we are 4-3 with plenty of football left to play.

Sanchez wasn't ruined. He sucks, as soon as his father's sperm hit his mom's egg, the story was "this is going to be a sh*tty professional quarterback" and he will suck until the day he dies. Actually, you have a perfect argument, since it is absolutely impossible to refute, this alternate universe in which Mark Sanchez was bound for a Hall of Fame career until he was destroyed by starting too soon.

People who want Stafford and Brees would have to understand that you are waiving bye to Wilkerson. I have not seen enough of out Williams to think he can hold the fort with Sheldon. Also sheldon is one puff away from a year long suspension and will be suspended at the start of the next season for atleast 6 games.

Our D-line would go from Wilkerson Sheldon and Williams to just Williams to start next season. That scares the living bajesus out of me.

Same old Jets would sell future assets to go 7-9 instead of 6-10.

If you want to be a SOJ, by all means, demand they trade next years #1 and/or #2 for Metzensh*ts, Capersh*tz or Glenonsh*tz.  

None will be a franchise QB, all would be gone in a year or two and do nothing to salvage 2016.

But hey, at least we'd get to draft 17 instead of 15, right?

no-one said anything about a 1 or 2, sit back in your dark room and be gloomy, this season is no where near over.

I will

Take just about anyone to not see geno on the field next sunday. People who say he had a decent game are in denial. How many more games must u see of this guy to understand he is taking this team nowhere. 3 seasons isn't enough?! That bills game last year wasn't enough?! I get it fitz isnt the answer either but atleast we tried someone new and it was an exciting few weeks. Just seeing his nonchalant walking after getting sacked and same stupid decisions it felt liek the twilight zone or deja vu. Like cmon people i understand the guy gave his all today and played with a chip on his shoulder (or atleast tried to) but u cant tell me u can bare to watch another jets game holding onto hope he will finally get it. Im all for kerly over geno. I'l take cromartie over geno, we already saw a comedy today. How much funnier could it get?

You and everyone else in this thread are burying the lead.  Giving up 34 to Oakland had nothing to do with Geno and everything to do with a defense that disappeared after the 3rd quarter vs. Pats*.   

This team is not built to win shootouts.  It's built to grind out close games and keep the other team from putting up 34.   Geno, Petty, Montana, Marino - it doesn't matter if the D doesn't come to play.   

There is no reason to trade future assets to salvage an already-lost season.

To do so mortgages the future for a not-worth-it-present.

Sign whomever is available on the street once we IR Fitz, Geno gets his last tryout, the Rook gets to be #2, and the Street the #3.

At this point, it won't matter anyway because the season, such that it was, ended today in terms of postseason competitiveness.

No offense but this has to be the dumbest post ever.  The season is far from over.  Its not like were are .500 or below .500

Same old Jets would sell future assets to go 7-9 instead of 6-10.

If you want to be a SOJ, by all means, demand they trade next years #1 and/or #2 for Metzensh*ts, Capersh*tz or Glenonsh*tz.  

None will be a franchise QB, all would be gone in a year or two and do nothing to salvage 2016.

But hey, at least we'd get to draft 17 instead of 15, right?

You couldn't be more wrong.

And this is coming from someone who almost always agrees with you for the past decade on JI.

Too much scotch last night perhaps?  

You and everyone else in this thread are burying the lead.  Giving up 34 to Oakland had nothing to do with Geno and everything to do with a defense that disappeared after the 3rd quarter vs. Pats*.   

This team is not built to win shootouts.  It's built to grind out close games and keep the other team from putting up 34.   Geno, Petty, Montana, Marino - it doesn't matter if the D doesn't come to play.   

the defense was horrid yesterday, true, and a major problem. That said, the defense did not cause Geno to do all the dumb things we'd seen him do in the past, also a problem.

neither is or should be used as an excuse for the other

the defense was horrid yesterday, true, and a major problem. That said, the defense did not cause Geno to do all the dumb things we'd seen him do in the past, also a problem.

neither is or should be used as an excuse for the other

west coast game, daylight savings, just be thankful geno showed up on time for kickoff.  

In all seriousness, backup reps are not the same as starter reps in practice.  geno was ok yesterday, not good, not terrible.  

The raiders started off the game with 3 consecutive drives or > 75 yds for 3 TDs.   That was the issue, not geno.  If the jets lost 17-13 and geno was geno then this is a different discussion, yesterday was all on the D.  

Jets coach Todd Bowles said Ryan Fitzpatrick has torn ligaments in his left (non-throwing) thumb.

He is scheduled for an MRI Monday. Fitzpatrick was forced to play two snaps late against the Raiders when Geno Smith was knocked out by a big hit, but he did not look comfortable handling the ball. Pro Football Talk reported the Jets have already begun calling available quarterbacks, indicating they expect Fitzpatrick to miss significant time.

Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports Colin Kaepernick's teammates want him benched so he can "clear his head."

Cole reports two 49ers texted him their desire to see Kaepernick benched after the offense failed to score a touchdown for the second time in as many games against the Rams. Kaepernick threw for just 162 yards on 41 attempts against St. Louis, and he is averaging just 4.4 yards per attempt over his last two games. Kaepernick could probably use some time out of the limelight, but it is unlikely backup Blaine Gabbert would have any more success behind a bad offensive line and without any real playmakers. The good news is the 49ers are bad enough to get a shot at the top quarterbacks in next year's draft.

Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports Colin Kaepernick's teammates want him benched so he can "clear his head."

Cole reports two 49ers texted him their desire to see Kaepernick benched after the offense failed to score a touchdown for the second time in as many games against the Rams. Kaepernick threw for just 162 yards on 41 attempts against St. Louis, and he is averaging just 4.4 yards per attempt over his last two games. Kaepernick could probably use some time out of the limelight, but it is unlikely backup Blaine Gabbert would have any more success behind a bad offensive line and without any real playmakers. The good news is the 49ers are bad enough to get a shot at the top quarterbacks in next year's draft.

How did Kap's ability fall so far that quickly.  I have to believe there is at least a glimmer of hope that he finds his chops again.  I'd sign him in a second.

as soon as his father's sperm hit his mom's egg, the story was "this is going to be a sh*tty professional quarterback" and he will suck until the day he dies. Actually, you have a perfect argument, since it is absolutely impossible to refute, this alternate universe in which Mark Sanchez was bound for a Hall of Fame career until he was destroyed by starting too soon.

:rl:

Sign whomever is available on the street once we IR Fitz, Geno gets his last tryout, the Rook gets to be #2, and the Street the #3.

At this point, it won't matter anyway because the season, such that it was, ended today in terms of postseason competitiveness.

Sounds like you are jumping the gun a bit here.  I know being a Jets fan trains you to be pessimistic, but c'mon.

Holy cow someone needs to change the water in your tank man. All dark and cloudy.

People who want Stafford and Brees would have to understand that you are waiving bye to Wilkerson. I have not seen enough of out Williams to think he can hold the fort with Sheldon. Also sheldon is one puff away from a year long suspension and will be suspended at the start of the next season for atleast 6 games.

Our D-line would go from Wilkerson Sheldon and Williams to just Williams to start next season. That scares the living bajesus out of me.

I am not suggesting that we trade for a QB (or not), but at this point, I think Wilkerson is a gone no matter what.  If the two sides were close, they would have signed a deal already. Not sure what Wilkerson is looking for (that is a tribute to him to not air his dirty laundry), but you can't pay him Watt or Suh money.  Take a look at Houston to understand why (even if he was as good as Watt - which I don't think he is).

Hopefully, we will be able to trade Wilk. in the offseason and the Jets can get value, and he can get paid what he wants.  With the contract we gave Revis, and with Sheldon needing to get paid next, I don't think we can afford to sign Wilkerson.

Agreed. Geno wasant our worst problem yesterday. However like i said, people thinking he could be the qb of this team are nuts. Any qb with a defense performance like yesterday will have a hard time competing in the game.

Archived