Morrissey

MLB Hot Stove - Offseason Thread (2015-2016 Edition)

I don't ever want to see Stephen Drew play again for the Yankees.

What they don't need is a 412 year old man hitting 180 for months at a time.

The funniest part was listening to Sterling and Waldman tell listeners how he really was productive and always on the cusp of coming around.

That and "Headley deserves the Gold Glove" were two of the biggest homer statements Yankee radio repeatedly made.

some "friend" of Cano told this reporter that Cano is privately telling people he wants out. It's at best lazy stupid story, at worst straight up lies to generate some buzz before free agency heats up. A story that is sure to get a lot of buzz but with absolutely no shot of happening.

Agree.  Cano played through a double hernia last season and was his old self and then some in the second half putting up great numbers.

The Dipoto hiring signals the Mariners are a win now team so Cano will likely be staying in Seattle.

Nice signing. He was getting his money.

Love the Yankee fans raising an eyebrow over contracts. If the Yanks did not already have some of the worst contracts in baseball they would have been all in on Price.

the move screws the mets which I like because they won't get a real package in exchange for Harvey when they have to trade him in about a year

This is one of your all time dumbest posts.  The Tanaka mileage one wasn't bad either.

Wonder how the Blue Jays feel now. Traded there best prospect in starting pitcher Daniel Norris for 2 months of David Price who now signs with division rival. Signed JA Happ though lol

They feel like a team that did not get eliminated in the post season play-in game.

Come on....tons of teams have made the same "going for it" move before.

Did they win the World Series? Did they even get to the World Series? No? So what exactly did they accomplish that  my team didn't? Every time one of these trades happen there is a debate whether they should have sacrificed the future for 2 months. Blue Jays new president reportedly scolded the Blue Jays GM for those moves, he's since resigned. If Daniel Norris goes on to be a Cy Young candidate type pitcher you can all but guarantee this trade will be brought up frequently.

Sure but the Yanks have done the same numerous times. Berkman deal back in 2010 comes to mind. It's part of the game in that some years you go for it and some years you don't or cannot.

I really can't believe that LA nickel and dimed him. That roster is still built to win now, just pointless with the way they spend.

They are said to have signed Iwakuma and are rumored to be discussing Chapman with the Reds. I'd call that a pretty nice start to the off season if both turn out to be true....plus they got rid of Mattingly.

Trading Warren stings a bit. Would of prefered to deal Nova, but to me... this is a no brainer.

Yeah that's a nice deal.  Castro had superstar written all over him his first season or so and is still young. 

Worth the gamble. Risk is higher than Didi, Eovaldi, Hicks trades because of the dollars involved, but this trade still falls inline with those kinda of high upside acquisitions Cashman has made last two off-seasons. He's done well with those.

Meanwhile how much $$ are the Mets now going to have to pay to beg Murphy to come back after they lost out on their 1st choice?

Wanna get away? ;)

Royals having a nice winter. Signed Soria and now talking to the Reds about Todd Frazier presumably to replace Gordon in LF.

Give it a rest. If you can't handle a little criticism of your team, then go post on a Cubs forum.

Mets fan sport and multiple posters have seen your same style no matter what team it is about....Red Sox, Cubs or Mets

Wow. It sounds like Minnesota really soured on Hicks. Reports from within the last 2 years stating that he was lazy to the point where he didn't know the opposing teams starting pitchers that were scheduled to pitch that day. Hope he's turned it around. 

He was a big prospect in the Twins organization 3-4 years ago that has not yet panned out at the Major League level. His numbers against lefties are from a very small sample size but did show some pop and ability to hit for average against them last season.  He hasn't hit righties at all.  I like this deal anyway as the Yanks dealt from a position of excess to get him.  Hopefully like Castro he is one of those young kids who just needs a change of scenery. I would be surprised if he is their everyday CF to open the season.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company