Morrissey

MLB Hot Stove - Offseason Thread (2015-2016 Edition)

you only trade miller if you can get rid of ellsbury or CC's contract (not happening)

Otherwise keep him.  

Disagree, if you can get a Kimbrel package you do it. 

The Dodgers are expected to hire Dave Roberts as the team’s next manager on Monday, sources tell Dylan Hernandez, Bill Plaschke and Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times. Ew

Cano for Ellsbury.. who says no?

The Yanks didn't want Cano's contract then, they won't want it now. 

I'll never understand why the Yankees signed Ellsbury who is just a slightly better Gardner when they could have just used that money for Cano. Made them worse, which always makes me smile.

I get saying no to Cano, I don't get the Ellsbury deal. I don't think anyone did lol sometimes the money best spent is the money not spent at all. Cano is declining and is signed through his age 41 season. 

The Red Sox are emerging as a big spender in the chase for David Price, but Buster Olney hopes they're ready to open the purse: Last winter, they were hesitant to offer Jon Lester $135M -- and that'll be far less than what Price can command.

The Tigers are in talks with free agent starting pitcher Jordan Zimmermann, tweets Jon Morosi of FOX Sports. Sources tell Morosi and Ken Rosenthal that talks have become serious. The Dodgers and Cubs have also been tied to Zimmermann.

Wonder how much he is wanting.

he rejected 6 years 120 million, so we know more than that, how much more I'm not sure. 

Sawx sign Chris young to multi year deal, idk about that. Personally wouldn't go beyond a one year deal. 

I'll wait to judge until I see the details. Should be a solid 4th outfielder and abuse that wall in left. 

Yeah I am curious to see how much they spent, I just feel like the one thing the sox are set on is righty hitting outfielders. Do you think a platoon with JBJ is possible? Or maybe a JBJ trade looming? 

Sox 40 man roster is full, a move will be made to open up a spot for CY once he passes his physical. 

Wow I was wrong! Thought the Cubbies would get involved and end up with him. Sox got their guy, dombrowski is in love with price. 

I doubt Price will ever use that opt out, 30 million a year is something he won't get again in 3 years. 

You don't know how the market is going to be then. No one thought A Rod would opt out. And then the Yankees paid him anyway. 

Lets be honest, any talk of money in an uncapped league is fruitless. Everyone has a chance to spend that money. We'll see how it works out. Bottom line is that the Red Sox are now a favorite in the AL. 

you have every right to be excited and happy Carl, not trying to ruin your parade. We'll see how it turns out. Personally don't think he'll opt out, that could end up working in your favor anyway. 

All signs pointing to Grienke being the next domino to fall, Giants and Dodgers top dogs. 

Price's 1.95 ERA at Fenway Park is his best of any ballpark he's visited at least 10 times, and the lowest among any player since he debuted in 2008.

THAT ... is what I'm talking about ... fk'n A

D-backs get Greinke! Good move for them. 

Didn't see that coming. DBacks have a nice team. 

yeah there's always certain teams that you like their players and their makeup and D-Backs are one of those teams for me. I loved Corbin before he got hurt, goldy is the best first basemen in baseball imo. Cool team. 

Zack Greinke receives about $195 million on six year deal from #Dbacks

Price is a bargain!

I didn't hear the dollar amount until i read this. wow! his AAV must be the most in baseball...

2 year deal, not bad.  

Greinke 6 years for a 32 year old...  like they said earlier, that's what it takes now.   Still seems like the potential to blow up on you in a few years.

updated report shows the deal is worth 206 million! Wow

I really can't believe that LA nickel and dimed him. That roster is still built to win now, just pointless with the way they spend.

big contrast from the Colletti regime. 

Cubs are actively pursuing closers on the trade market. Wonder if they're interested in a Miller/Gardner package. 

I wonder if Cincy is willing to deal in the division and send Chapman to Chicago in a deal. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company