Morrissey

MLB Hot Stove - Offseason Thread (2015-2016 Edition)

and tanaka is 27 without the mileage a Price or Greinke have with $60 million less owed

but ya, 

Tanaka pitched a ton in Japan (http://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.cgi?id=tanaka003mas) the mileage on his arm is a great concern.

And he's yet to prove he's as good as Price or Greinke. Health matters.

Edited by Tyler Durden

Didn't he just have an elbow surgery too?

No, he's avoided it thus far. He still has a tear in his elbow, and that wont heal until he does have surgery.

Edited by Tyler Durden

the move screws the mets which I like because they won't get a real package in exchange for Harvey when they have to trade him in about a year

This is one of your all time dumbest posts.  The Tanaka mileage one wasn't bad either.

Wonder how the Blue Jays feel now. Traded there best prospect in starting pitcher Daniel Norris for 2 months of David Price who now signs with division rival. Signed JA Happ though lol

They feel like a team that did not get eliminated in the post season play-in game.

Come on....tons of teams have made the same "going for it" move before.

They feel like a team that did not get eliminated in the post season play-in game.

Come on....tons of teams have made the same "going for it" move before.

Did they win the World Series? Did they even get to the World Series? No? So what exactly did they accomplish that  my team didn't? Every time one of these trades happen there is a debate whether they should have sacrificed the future for 2 months. Blue Jays new president reportedly scolded the Blue Jays GM for those moves, he's since resigned. If Daniel Norris goes on to be a Cy Young candidate type pitcher you can all but guarantee this trade will be brought up frequently.

Edited by Tyler Durden
  • Upvote 1

Did they win the World Series? Did they even get to the World Series? No? So what exactly did they accomplish that  my team didn't? Every time one of these trades happen there is a debate whether they should have sacrificed the future for 2 months. Blue Jays new president reportedly scolded the Blue Jays GM for those moves, he's since resigned. If Daniel Norris goes on to be a Cy Young candidate type pitcher you can all but guarantee this trade will be brought up frequently.

That's another thing.  How many times does a team give up multiple prospects for a 2 month rental, and that rental actually puts the team over the top for a ring?

Sure but the Yanks have done the same numerous times. Berkman deal back in 2010 comes to mind. It's part of the game in that some years you go for it and some years you don't or cannot.

Tanaka pitched a ton in Japan (http://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.cgi?id=tanaka003mas) the mileage on his arm is a great concern.

And he's yet to prove he's as good as Price or Greinke. Health matters.

Give me a break Tanaka's time in Japan is nothing compared to Price pitching 6 years and Greinke over 10 years in the MLB. 

If he's not as good as Price or Greinke he's basically almost there.  Why the hate?

Edited by drdetroit

Cubs sign Lackey, 2 years 32 million. 

THAT ... is what I'm talking about ... fk'n A

Give me a break Tanaka's time in Japan is nothing compared to Price pitching 6 years and Greinke over 10 years in the MLB. 

If he's not as good as Price or Greinke he's basically almost there.  Why the hate?

LOL. What? Pitching hundreds or thousands of innings in Japan doesn't equate how? Because you wish it to be so?

Didn't see that coming. DBacks have a nice team. 

yeah there's always certain teams that you like their players and their makeup and D-Backs are one of those teams for me. I loved Corbin before he got hurt, goldy is the best first basemen in baseball imo. Cool team. 

Zack Greinke receives about $195 million on six year deal from #Dbacks

Price is a bargain!

I didn't hear the dollar amount until i read this. wow! his AAV must be the most in baseball...

What are you talking about man? Tanaka has thrown more innings than Price has, despite Tanaka being younger. And he has arm trouble already. The guy is a ticking time bomb pitching with a small tear in his elbow. The idea that Price is more risky than Tanaka is beyond ridiculous. Tanaka doesn't have as good as stuff as Price or Greinke. If Tanaka pitches in the zone he gets crushed.

Edited by Tyler Durden

Cubs sign Lackey, 2 years 32 million. 

2 year deal, not bad.  

Greinke 6 years for a 32 year old...  like they said earlier, that's what it takes now.   Still seems like the potential to blow up on you in a few years.

2 year deal, not bad.  

Greinke 6 years for a 32 year old...  like they said earlier, that's what it takes now.   Still seems like the potential to blow up on you in a few years.

updated report shows the deal is worth 206 million! Wow

Lackey seems like Good move for the Cubs they take a guy from Cardinals who has been reliable pretty much his whole career

2 year deal, not bad.  

I really can't believe that LA nickel and dimed him. That roster is still built to win now, just pointless with the way they spend.

I really can't believe that LA nickel and dimed him. That roster is still built to win now, just pointless with the way they spend.

big contrast from the Colletti regime. 

Cubs are actively pursuing closers on the trade market. Wonder if they're interested in a Miller/Gardner package. 

Yankee fans take note, what the Reds get for Chapman will give us a good idea what we could possibly get for Miller if we decide to trade him. 

Edited by Tyler Durden
  • Upvote 1

I know he was bad last year, but I could see that being a bargain in this market

or, it could just be almost 100 million dollars thrown away. 

He led the league in hits allowed, and I think in runs allowed.  So he got almost 100 million dollars. 

Side note, I be he's glad he gave up football for baseball.

or, it could just be almost 100 million dollars thrown away. 

He led the league in hits allowed, and I think in runs allowed.  So he got almost 100 million dollars. 

Side note, I be he's glad he gave up football for baseball.

Giants will turn him around. Doesn't hurt he's in NL West with those giant ballparks. If he was a free agent a year ago he would of gotten at least $50 million more.

Edited by Tyler Durden