Lol @ the Geno hate

Cro's kids

The numbers you brought up were stated in the original post, my response was there's other parts to his game that struggled. Running 5 yards backwards towards the sidelines and taking a hit for the sack is inexcusable. I don't think it's a coincidence the sack numbers ended up like that. 

Fitz has had 11 years and been told countless times by Bowles and Co to slide..  the fact that he is so dumb and incapable of learing is alarming.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one especially me cares enough to go searching for content from a few years ago but I was a guy that when we drafted Geno, throughout his first year and heading into year 2 I was someone who believed and supported him. I came to the conclusion he doesn't have it, he isn't the answer. I was a believer because he has the physical tools and he can make all the throws, problem is his consistent lack of progressions and boneheaded plays. They're not going anywhere. 

ok but what numbers?  cause 265 2 and 1 is just about as good as anything Fitz has put up all year.

the irony is I think starting Fitz is the right call this weekend.  I just get super annoyed at all the irrational hate spewed towards Geno.  what the hell are people watching and what in the F did they expect to see given the circumstances he was thrust into.

reading "he still hasn't learned" is like nails on a chalkboard..  bold declarations on the heels of a relief appearance when the team played like sh-t and the D was pinning their ears back.

So you don't think it's irrational to bash Fitzpatrick by saying he would have thrown 3 picks?  Goes both ways chief.  People have been hating on Fitzpatrick pretty heavily despite a solid start to the season.  It's high time those same people stop complaining about our treatment of Geno.

64%  265 2 touchdowns and 1 interception, after being hurt and not getting first team reps for 2 months. The hate is just not deserved. He was dealt a terrible hand when he got drafted considering the coaches and receiving corps he had. How can you realistically expect him to be good considering such? Lets use some logic here please. The expectations were way too high from the start, I understand that we have been desperate for good QB play for years but don't expect a 2nd rounder to be great in a few years playing in the trash systems he has. Now obviously our receivers are pretty great and I think Geno could do ok if he was given the chance. With that said I still prefer Fitzpatrick at this point in time, like the way he commands the O. Stop being ridiculous pls

Your dad, on the other hand, sucks. 

I think geno can be pretty good if he just learned some pocket awareness and a little decisiveness. The whole reason why guys like brady (and Fitz i guess too) dont get sacked is because they make quick decisions and quick reads. Geno just isnt there yet. I think if he analyzed his game through an objective lense and focused in the offseason on getting the ball out faster and feeling the pressure around him he would improve significantly. 

Whatever.. Still stoked Fits is starting ?

Geno was sacked just as much in this past game as Fitz was through the first 6. And that's not because of the oline , that's him holding on to the ball too long and taking a hit while running out of bound 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage instead of throwing the ball away. He has the physical tools and can make all the throws but something is just missing. 

yeah I'm sure not having mangold had anything to do with that

64%  265 2 touchdowns and 1 interception, after being hurt and not getting first team reps for 2 months. The hate is just not deserved. He was dealt a terrible hand when he got drafted considering the coaches and receiving corps he had. How can you realistically expect him to be good considering such? Lets use some logic here please. The expectations were way too high from the start, I understand that we have been desperate for good QB play for years but don't expect a 2nd rounder to be great in a few years playing in the trash systems he has. Now obviously our receivers are pretty great and I think Geno could do ok if he was given the chance. With that said I still prefer Fitzpatrick at this point in time, like the way he commands the O. Stop being ridiculous pls

Part of the problem for Geno was the fans base's unreasonable expectations for Sanchez when he came out.  How anyone, including the front office, could have expected an immature (according to his college HC), college QB with one year of colligate experience to be NFL ready was insane. Insane...

Indeed looking back on it, it was amazing that Sanchez did as well as he did!!

Look at how QBs who were far better than Sanchez was in college and how they are performing at times Winston and Mariota for examples.  They were light years better than Sanchez in college and yet they are still having a hard time adjusting!!!!

Sanchez should have never started, period.  If Petty has to sit and he has way more game experience than Sanchez, then Sanchez butt should have sit.

People keep saying 'yea but look at the result we went to 2 championship games with that plan". 

And the simple answer to that is we did it on luck and defense. Sanchez was down right good at key moments when all common sense said he shouldn't have been. Why anyone would have said that Sanchez was going to play well in playoff games and that they knew that when they drafted him or during the regular season based on his inconsistent play... IS LYING!!!

The moronic FO idea that it was a "good plan" to take an inexperienced young QB and think he would lead you to a SB when it had NEVER been done or has been done in NFL history was ludicrous. It is like the man who says his broken watch is great because it tells the right time twice a day!

Unfortunately Geno's selection by the FO and subsequent insertion into the lineup just fed into the myth that "anybody would be better than Sanchez" which was not true when you had the likes of Chaz, Masson, Hill, Keller and Plex as your skill position players. It wouldn't work and didn't work.

So Geno was not Montana part deux as unready rookie, well guess what they never are unless their name is Marino.

The problem for Geno is he isn't a rookie anymore and this FO isn't committed to him and has effectively moved on from him as a starter for the NYJ absent catastrophic injury to Fitz. 

The Fitzpatrick news created a palpable sense of relief in the locker room. It's apparent from listening to players that Fitzpatrick has won their trust and they believe he gives them the best chance of winning. Some people might interpret that as an anti-Geno sentiment; I think it's more pro-Fitzpatrick. The Jets (4-3) have dropped two in a row and can't afford a loss on Sunday to the lowly Jaguars. The players know this, and they're grateful Fitzpatrick will be leading them.

All you guys bitch and moan, but the fact is the only reason we were even in the game with our "toreador defense" was Geno.  How about this play-Davis was well covered, but on the run Geno puts the ball in the only place Kellen Davis can catch it.  This counts for nothing?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000570625/Jets-Geno-Smith-finds-Kellen-Davis-for-1-yard-touchdown

Of the 11...which one are you?

p>Nice throw.  Lets also remember that Geno looked better in the 2nd half when Oakland played softer defense.  I'm not trying to take anything away from him but that does make a difference.  I think Geno is talented and can make plays but it's always been the poor judgement that gets him every time.  What I notice a lot about Geno is that he will throw back peddling when pressure comes up the middle.  Take the sack or step in and take the hit on the throw.

Geno Smith has an NFL arm

Geno Smith has NFL legs

Geno Smith makes some good plays.

Geno Smith gets rattled easily.

Geno Smith makes very poor decisions at the worst time.

The NFL is just littered with guys with NFL arms and Legs but if you do not have good quick decision making abilities you almost never suddenly 'get it', the light bulb almost never comes on after 2 or 3 years.  Genos play the last game totally confirmed to me that he is the same guy as he as been his 1st two years.  Can make some throws, misses badly on others, very poor decision making at just the wrong time.

He will be gone after this year, the coaching staff an management have no faith in him.  If they did he'd be starting this week.

There's no chance in hell he'll be on the roster next year, right? I can't do 4 seasons of this abomination of a debate.

Another year of, "well he played really well if you discount all of the awful things he did." Awesome. Just awesome.

I don't even think he makes $1M next year.  Why would they get rid of him?  Just wait until he plays competently the last four games of the season.  That'll learn ya!

He will be gone after this year, the coaching staff an management have no faith in him.  If they did he'd be starting this week.

Ludicrous statement. No way to know that. Fitz was the starter and had done nothing to necessarily lose the job, so if he is able to go he goes. He also might be at bigger risk of further injury in the Jets medical staff mind. The assumptions people make sometimes are just ridiculous.

I don't even think he makes $1M next year.  Why would they get rid of him?  Just wait until he plays competently the last four games of the season.  That'll learn ya!

There is ZERO chance the Jets cut Smith. They might trade him. But even if he is never a starter again he is one of the better backups in the NFL. Plus if he leaves after 4 years, he could get us a compensatory pick, Better chance of Fitz not being on the team next year than Geno, much to Geno haters chagrin

Take out the Favre interregnum and we're at nine and a half years and counting.

yeah no worries we just gotta find Russel Wilson and we'll be set.  Should be easy...

Andy Daltons don't get a chance here..  you need to prove it by your 2nd year or it's time for the next one.  Period.

There's no chance in hell he'll be on the roster next year, right? I can't do 4 seasons of this abomination of a debate.

Another year of, "well he played really well if you discount all of the awful things he did." Awesome. Just awesome.

haha.  You think the talk of him stops when he leaves?  That's rich.

doesn't it bother you that he makes mistakes even when he is playing well? 

Ludicrous statement. No way to know that. Fitz was the starter and had done nothing to necessarily lose the job, so if he is able to go he goes. He also might be at bigger risk of further injury in the Jets medical staff mind. The assumptions people make sometimes are just ridiculous.

He has ligament damage in his hand, Geno other than a bruise is supposidley healthy.  Geno 'supposidley' out played Fitz all through camp according to some.  Geno played well according to some.  I'll be happy to bet you right now that Geno will not be on this team next year.  $50 to the charity of the winners choice.

i kind of agree with you, but geno was going to be the starter week 1 before he got punched.

i'm sure the have lost some faith in him since then, but i don't think they have no faith.

In a way, I agree with SAR.  I don't want to see him on the field again for the Jets.  Meaning any success he'd have would be with another team. 

Well we may have to see him, because Petty is not paying this year unless both QBs are in traction.  Will you root for him to fail when Fitz goes down again? I  cannot do that.

Archived