Lol @ the Geno hate

Cro's kids

Well we may have to see him, because Petty is not paying this year unless both QBs are in traction.  Will you root for him to fail when Fitz goes down again? I  cannot do that.

No, I will not.  But I am in no mood to hear fans asking for a QB change while Fitz is under center and relatively healthy. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I root for the uniform too, but then there are those who drag the whole organization down.  Blair Thomas.  Johnny Mitchell.  Neil O'Donnell.  Vernon Gholston,  Rich Kotite.  Glenn Foley.  Geno is one of those.

SAR I

I agree. Geno does not get it. I hate listening to his half-assed, insincere explanations.  But the wins come first.

The moronic FO idea that it was a "good plan" to take an inexperienced young QB and think he would lead you to a SB when it had NEVER been done or has been done in NFL history was ludicrous. It is like the man who says his broken watch is great because it tells the right time twice a day!

NEVER!  Except for 2001, 2005, and 20013.  Brady platooned with Drew Henson in college and won in his 2nd year.  He looked like he didn't see a weight room until 2000.  Roethlisberger won in his 2nd year and he was a ******* Miami of Ohio Redhawk for crying out loud.  Wilson was a fidget 3rd round pick and he won in his 2nd year.  That doesn't even count the guys that knocked on the door, like Dalton, Kaepernick and Flacco.  Young QB + D + running game never works?  GTFO.

i kind of agree with you, but geno was going to be the starter week 1 before he got punched.

Still makes me laugh reading this.  Especially since the fact that he got punched by a teammate cost him more than the injury related to the punch did.  The coaching staff lost all faith in him ever being the leader of a football team at that very moment.  That remained crystal clear this week.  Geno had his shot.  Twice.  Time to leave it alone.

Geno Smith has an NFL arm

Geno Smith has NFL legs

Geno Smith makes some good plays.

Geno Smith gets rattled easily.

Geno Smith makes very poor decisions at the worst time.

The NFL is just littered with guys with NFL arms and Legs but if you do not have good quick decision making abilities you almost never suddenly 'get it', the light bulb almost never comes on after 2 or 3 years.  Genos play the last game totally confirmed to me that he is the same guy as he as been his 1st two years.  Can make some throws, misses badly on others, very poor decision making at just the wrong time.

He will be gone after this year, the coaching staff an management have no faith in him.  If they did he'd be starting this week.

the interesting thing to me anymore is that most teams seem to have backups who cannot win games.  Isn't the idea for the backup to come in and at least win some games? Look at Dallas.  The dearth of talent at the position is depressing.

yeah no worries we just gotta find Russel Wilson and we'll be set.  Should be easy...

Andy Daltons don't get a chance here..  you need to prove it by your 2nd year or it's time for the next one.  Period.

Andy Dalton's rookie year was better than any season of QB play we've seen here in a decade. If Dalton played for the Jets you'd be writing 500-word posts about how no QB can be expected to win in the playoffs if he has to throw to bums like A.J. Green.

I don't even think he makes $1M next year.  Why would they get rid of him?  Just wait until he plays competently the last four games of the season.  That'll learn ya!

Kind of like "Let's award the contract to the lowest bidder."  Quality of work does not matter.  You may be right. That is the scary part.

64%  265 2 touchdowns and 1 interception, after being hurt and not getting first team reps for 2 months. The hate is just not deserved. He was dealt a terrible hand when he got drafted considering the coaches and receiving corps he had. How can you realistically expect him to be good considering such? Lets use some logic here please. The expectations were way too high from the start, I understand that we have been desperate for good QB play for years but don't expect a 2nd rounder to be great in a few years playing in the trash systems he has. Now obviously our receivers are pretty great and I think Geno could do ok if he was given the chance. With that said I still prefer Fitzpatrick at this point in time, like the way he commands the O. Stop being ridiculous pls

Geno is so dumb he can't even decide to throw the ball away and takes unnecessary sacks. He did it not once but TWICE against the Raiders. On the first one he rolled right and just kept going out of bounds. On the next one he rolled right again, had Khalil Mack tracking him down and just took the 11 yard sack. Took a bad sack that cost the Jets a game against NE last year. You can talk all you want about the bad coaching he has gotten, but c'mon man, taking sacks like that says more about him going brain dead at inopportune moments than it does about bad coaching. He has some physical ability which accounts for your stats, but when crunch time comes he goes brain dead.

Geno was sacked just as much in this past game as Fitz was through the first 6. And that's not because of the oline , that's him holding on to the ball too long and taking a hit while running out of bound 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage instead of throwing the ball away. He has the physical tools and can make all the throws but something is just missing. 

The something missing is called intelligence. 

Oh god.

Another season of this. Another ******* season, of this.

only if you choose to participate bro. You know that whole thing we have talked about for years and years about being a "real Jets fan" and not? Well anybody who tries to divide the team into sections or are Jets PLAYER fans instead of Jets TEAM fans I have little use for. I also figure that there's a good chance that I'm sitting here arguing with someone's child who is perhaps just starting High School this year 

only if you choose to participate bro. You know that whole thing we have talked about for years and years about being a "real Jets fan" and not? Well anybody who tries to divide the team into sections or are Jets PLAYER fans instead of Jets TEAM fans I have little use for. I also figure that there's a good chance that I'm sitting here arguing with someone's child who is perhaps just starting High School this year 

IF YOU DONT LIKE GENO YOUR NOT A REAL FAN

Andy Dalton's rookie year was better than any season of QB play we've seen here in a decade. If Dalton played for the Jets you'd be writing 500-word posts about how no QB can be expected to win in the playoffs if he has to throw to bums like A.J. Green.

I'll take Sanchez' first couple years over Daltons.  Above average QB play to win playoff games >>>> postseason flameouts with decent regular seasons.

Hypocrite.

I'll take Sanchez' first couple years over Daltons.  Above average QB play to win playoff games >>>> postseason flameouts with decent regular seasons.

Hypocrite.

So crazy that Chip Kelly doesn't see the potential of the great Mark Sanchez and keeps trotting out a sh*tty, injury prone pansy in Sam Bradford instead.  I mean, what does Chip Kelly know about offense anyways?

So crazy that Chip Kelly doesn't see the potential of the great Mark Sanchez and keeps trotting out a sh*tty, injury prone pansy in Sam Bradford instead.  I mean, what does Chip Kelly know about offense anyways?

The fact that he dumped Tebow and traded Barkley which left only Sanchez behind the injury prone pansy should tell you all you need to know.

The fact that he dumped Tebow and traded Barkley which left only Sanchez behind the injury prone pansy should tell you all you need to know.

...that he thinks Sanchez is a better backup than a guy who's sitting behind Drew Stanton and a guy who's out of the league entirely?

I still hope Geno "gets it" at some point, but after seeing him make the same mistakes he's been making for two years despite a new HC, OC and receivers, I don't think he'll ever get over the hump.  It's not that hard to throw the ball away when rolling out.  Fitz took 5 games to get sacked twice...it took Geno a quarter and a half. 

The backing up like he's playing Madden is...maddening. 

Geno takes too many sacks especially in moments he causes bigger harm than normal. He needs to know what is going on and where he is. He also doesn't use his legs which is supposed to be one of his big upsides. Geno is basically, too stupid for the NFL, a league of illiterates. 

Well we may have to see him, because Petty is not paying this year unless both QBs are in traction.  Will you root for him to fail when Fitz goes down again? I  cannot do that.

The minute Geno goes back under center is the minute my tickets go on Stubhub and my TV goes to Discovery Channel.

SAR I

Geno is so dumb he can't even decide to throw the ball away and takes unnecessary sacks. He did it not once but TWICE against the Raiders. On the first one he rolled right and just kept going out of bounds. On the next one he rolled right again, had Khalil Mack tracking him down and just took the 11 yard sack. Took a bad sack that cost the Jets a game against NE last year. You can talk all you want about the bad coaching he has gotten, but c'mon man, taking sacks like that says more about him going brain dead at inopportune moments than it does about bad coaching. He has some physical ability which accounts for your stats, but when crunch time comes he goes brain dead.

His awareness levels are definitely below average.

In terms of the two plays near the end of the Raiders game, I think you need to take context into consideration.  It was crunch time near the end of a game with realistically very low chances of coming back.  The team was desperate.  He's a young quarterback, a bit rusty after being thrown into a game unexpectedly, and he's trying to make something happen.  He had similar rollout plays to the right in the second half (long rush up the sideline, second TD throw) which were successful.  Was he "dumb" in those cases too?  You win some, you lose some.

I understand that it's a bit of a pattern with him, but you can nitpick "dumb" plays by every quarterback every week.

He had a good game, its unfortunate that his mistakes kept it from speaking for itself. 

The moment it went down hill imo is when he took that big hit after running for a bunch of yards. The hit hurt him, which isnt the problem. What I noticed afterward is that he didnt use his legs again after that hit because he second-guessed himself. I noticed it on the first sack that he took when flushed out of the pocket. I seen by his body movement that he thought about taking off but didnt. The moment Geno doubted himself it began to fall apart in that respect. 

Numbers wise, he had a good day. The INT was a bad play, he should have threw it away or found another target (which if im correct someone was open on the play), but there were about two other times where he either threw the ball away or pump-faked to get the defender in the air and then threw to the back on a screen that if this was last year or his rookie year would have been at best an incomplete pass or at worst a pick 6 off a screen play. 

There were things that I seen from Geno that showed that he learned from the past. That hit I believe rattled him a bit, not just because of the hit, but probably the reaction from the crowd as well. He probably feels like the crowd cant wait to jump on him and he hasnt learned how to block out the noise. 

I predict some lineman or two will whack Fitz on the thumb Sunday and we are back to Geno

I had no idea blue chip investments were so volatile.

Blue chip?  He was an impulse buy, fell into our laps like candy at a grocery checkout.  Idzik sitting there thinking "Hmm, I could have the steal of the draft!  And all those Sanchez haters!  They'll love love love me for this one!"

FU Idzik.  Three years of this sh-t.

SAR I

Blue chip?  He was an impulse buy, fell into our laps like candy at a grocery checkout.  Idzik sitting there thinking "Hmm, I could have the steal of the draft!  And all those Sanchez haters!  They'll love love love me for this one!"

FU Idzik.  Three years of this sh-t.

SAR I

I was talking about your tickets

Archived