Lol @ the Geno hate

Cro's kids

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still hope Geno "gets it" at some point, but after seeing him make the same mistakes he's been making for two years despite a new HC, OC and receivers, I don't think he'll ever get over the hump.  It's not that hard to throw the ball away when rolling out.  Fitz took 5 games to get sacked twice...it took Geno a quarter and a half. 

Fair points but do you really think that Fitz would not have gotten sacked once or twice in this game the way our offensive line was playing?  

64%  265 2 touchdowns and 1 interception, after being hurt and not getting first team reps for 2 months. The hate is just not deserved. He was dealt a terrible hand when he got drafted considering the coaches and receiving corps he had. How can you realistically expect him to be good considering such? Lets use some logic here please. The expectations were way too high from the start, I understand that we have been desperate for good QB play for years but don't expect a 2nd rounder to be great in a few years playing in the trash systems he has. Now obviously our receivers are pretty great and I think Geno could do ok if he was given the chance. With that said I still prefer Fitzpatrick at this point in time, like the way he commands the O. Stop being ridiculous pls

I don't base my hate on 1 game. I based it on the other 30 he has been a turd dollop in. You know, sample size is important. Any QB collecting a paycheck can look fantastic in one game. Don't see any of the Geno's lovers licking Fitz's jock over that 5 TD game he had last year. But with Geno one game without a pick-6 and suddenly it's "TOLD YA HE DON'T SUCK!" Gimme a break.

Fair points but do you really think that Fitz would not have gotten sacked once or twice in this game the way our offensive line was playing?  

I don't know...nobody does.  We just know Geno got sacked as many times in two quarters as Fitz did in five or six games.  Two very avoidable sacks at that...had plenty of time to throw the ball away and chose the sack instead.

For Geno yes any day he don't throw a pick 6 is a good day..

Funny thing is, only reason he didn't throw a pick six was the Raiders CB playing Brandon Marshall and not the ball.   Geno threw a pick-6 ball right at him and I think it hit him in the chest before he realized it was coming.  Sometimes better to be lucky than good.

I don't base my hate on 1 game. I based it on the other 30 he has been a turd dollop in. You know, sample size is important. Any QB collecting a paycheck can look fantastic in one game. Don't see any of the Geno's lovers licking Fitz's jock over that 5 TD game he had last year. But with Geno one game without a pick-6 and suddenly it's "TOLD YA HE DON'T SUCK!" Gimme a break.

Actually, Fitz had a 6 TD game last year :)

Still makes me laugh reading this.  Especially since the fact that he got punched by a teammate cost him more than the injury related to the punch did.  The coaching staff lost all faith in him ever being the leader of a football team at that very moment.  That remained crystal clear this week.  Geno had his shot.  Twice.  Time to leave it alone.

then why haven't they cut him?  why is geno the back up and not petty?

then why haven't they cut him?  why is geno the back up and not petty?

McCagnan will try to get SOMETHING for him ... even if it's a free lunch ... he's under contract ... we are grooming Petty to compete with with whomever we draft next year or the year after.

GeeNo is at best a third option after his year.

McCagnan will try to get SOMETHING for him ... even if it's a free lunch ... he's under contract ... we are grooming Petty to compete with with whomever we draft next year or the year after.

GeeNo is at best a third option after his year.

Yep.  This offseason will be the time to move Geno.  It's possible that, when all is said and done and we acquire another QB or 2, Geno and Fitz will be in competition for the same role:  Veteran backup.  It's also possible they let both go, but I certainly can't see them KEEPING both.  And from what we've seen, Fitz makes a lot more sense to keep around.  He is able to light a fire under this team and provide a high level of professionalism.  That's something any team with young QB(s) would like to have around.

There is no way the Jets can run right on Sunday (unless RB is taking a direct snap from center). They will not risk Fitz handing off with his left hand.

Teams have been successful loading the box to stop the Jets running game. Now, all the Jags have to do is stack the box on one side of the line.

If he couldn't do it he wouldn't be playing. It is called cortisone and numbs pain. Did you forget the Jets have an actual real HC now? 

Or better yet, "Genos good performance last Sunday has Fitz lovers shltting their pants and out pulling every cliche"

Geno's "performance" was not what I would call good. Killed two drives by taking stupid sacks when he could have thrown the ball away. That kind of dumb comes back to haunt you and I guarantee if Geno had to start three or more games this season he would do more to lose them than win them.

The coaching staff is going with a one handed Fitz instead of Geno. That says all you need to know. If you're arguing otherwise, you're essentially saying that the coaching staff doesn't know what the hell it is doing and Geno is the victim of one of the strangest conspiracies to bench a quarterback in history. 

The coaching staff is going with a one handed Fitz instead of Geno. That says all you need to know. If you're arguing otherwise, you're essentially saying that the coaching staff doesn't know what the hell it is doing and Geno is the victim of one of the strangest conspiracies to bench a quarterback in history. 

This isn't rowing..  Going with the "coach is going with a one handed Fitz" is a little simplistic even for your standards.

This isn't rowing..  Going with the "coach is going with a one handed Fitz" is a little simplistic even for your standards.

Actually, it is that simple.  Geno has had his chance with this new regime....twice.  He went from being named starter in training camp to being benched even when healthy.  There's very simple reasons for that.  He's not a leader (face punch from IK being Exhibit A) and still can't play the position beyond a rookie level (Raider game).  Thus, even with Fitz not 100 %, Geno remains the backup.  Some people would like to think Geno is still secretly really the guy, even when every piece of evidence available suggest he is not.

Actually, it is that simple.  Geno has had his chance with this new regime....twice.  He went from being named starter in training camp to being benched even when healthy.  There's very simple reasons for that.  He's not a leader (face punch from IK being Exhibit A) and still can't play the position beyond a rookie level (Raider game).  Thus, even with Fitz not 100 %, Geno remains the backup.  Some people would like to think Geno is still secretly really the guy, even when every piece of evidence available suggest he is not.

even though it would be disappointing and unprofessional, at this point we are left to wonder whether the defense's poor performance was at least in part influenced by fitz going down and geno playing the entire game.  at least vs. NE the defense looked focused and engaged, when they got beat on a play it was generally b/c NE was better, not b/c the NYJ defense was unfocused and sloppy.  if a team takes on the persona of the leader and the qb is the leader, well, hey, i'm just throwing this out there.

No.  Fitz would've thrown the ball away rolling out like 99.9% of any NFL QB in the league with more than 1 year experience would do.  Those sacks had nothing to do with the line and everything to do with Geno's incompetence. 

It's not that simply, chooch...  you keep on running with your story and I'll deal with the realities.

ohhhh yeahhh...  you're gonna have to figure it out on your own, brother.

Nice.  But you're not getting out of this one just by getting some laughs.  How do you interpret what's going on at the QB position?  Given your stellar analysis of QB's in the Jets' past I'm waiting on pins and needles here.

Archived