Lol @ the Geno hate

Cro's kids

By all means, please enlighten us.

psychology...  Bowles understands perception is reality..  if a majority of the Jets perceive Fitz to be a better option than Geno then he wants to maintain the status quo.

this is heady stuff..  you sure you want me to go on?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

psychology...  Bowles understands perception is reality..  if a majority of the Jets perceive Fitz to be a better option than Geno then he wants to maintain the status quo.

this is heady stuff..  you sure you want me to go on?

So you think Bowles is such a gutless incompetent that he makes his most important lineup decision based on fan perception?

So you think Bowles is such a gutless incompetent that he makes his most important lineup decision based on fan perception?

not fan perception..  his teams perception.

I don't think that's the lone or even biggest reason..  i just think it's one of things that factor in.

It's not that I hate Geno.  I like Geno, I want to cheer for him - but from what I've seen he's not a starting QB.  Very good backup though, and I continue to support him in that role - He came in and did his best against OAK, I can't ask for anything more.  But I do not want to see us in a position where he is the starter again for an extended period of time.

I don't think that's the lone or even biggest reason..  i just think it's one of things that factor in.

What else factors in? I'm struggling here. The logic seems to be:

1. Geno was the starter pre-punch

2. Geno relieved Fitzpatrick in the Oakland game and played ok

3. Fitzpatrick is starting over Geno this week even though he, Fitzpatrick, has to wear a custom-made glove just to take snaps

4.  This is not in any way an indictment of Geno

I'm gonna go with the look of disgust on Bowles' face when he sent his punt team out with just under 4 minutes when Geno gave up a senseless sack and forward progression and allowed the clock to keep running all while standing and staring aimlessly into nothing 15 yards out of bounds.  That disgust was all I needed to see to know anything about Geno's future here.  He's done IMO.  I doubt he takes another snap as a Jet. 

I'm gonna go with the look of disgust on Bowles' face when he sent his punt team out with just under 4 minutes when Geno gave up a senseless sack and forward progression and allowed the clock to keep running all while standing and staring aimlessly into nothing 15 yards out of bounds.  That disgust was all I needed to see to know anything about Geno's future here.  He's done IMO.  I doubt he takes another snap as a Jet. 

I'll concede that you could very well be right.

It's not that I hate Geno.  I like Geno, I want to cheer for him - but from what I've seen he's not a starting QB.  Very good backup though, and I continue to support him in that role - He came in and did his best against OAK, I can't ask for anything more.  But I do not want to see us in a position where he is the starter again for an extended period of time.

What makes him a "very good backup"? He's not even that.

Very good backups are guys that would start on at least 10-15 other teams.

Geno Smith has no business on an NFL roster. He's as much, if not more of a project than Petty.

What else factors in? I'm struggling here. The logic seems to be:

1. Geno was the starter pre-punch

2. Geno relieved Fitzpatrick in the Oakland game and played ok

3. Fitzpatrick is starting over Geno this week even though he, Fitzpatrick, has to wear a custom-made glove just to take snaps

4.  This is not in any way an indictment of Geno

It's really simple..

- Geno was the unquestioned starter pre-punch

- Geno lost the respect of a lot of the defense when he got their friend booted off the team for $600

- Geno played well in a relief appearance but not extraordinary

- Bowles went back to Fitz because the injury shouldn't impact him, the team likes him more, continuity, and the difference in their play is negligible.

That's about it.

It's really simple..

- Geno was the unquestioned starter pre-punch

- Geno lost the respect of a lot of the defense when he got their friend booted off the team for $600

- Geno played well in a relief appearance but not extraordinary

- Bowles went back to Fitz because the injury shouldn't impact him, the team likes him more, continuity, and the difference in their play is negligible.

That's about it.

2 out of those 4 things you just listed are an indictment of Geno.  He pissed off his coach and his team with the IK situation, he didn't play well enough to earn back the starting job  when he got his shot (which many Geno supporters said he'd do now that he has "weaponzz") and basically everyone in the organization prefers Fitz.  The same Fitz you and many others have bashed repeatedly every single week, even after wins by double digit points.

Other than all that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

2 out of those 4 things you just listed are an indictment of Geno.  He pissed off his coach and his team with the IK situation, he didn't play well enough to earn back the starting job  when he got his shot (which many Geno supporters said he'd do now that he has "weaponzz") and basically everyone in the organization prefers Fitz.  The same Fitz you and many others have bashed repeatedly every single week, even after wins by double digit points.

Other than all that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

I bash Fitz repeatedly?  I've said that I think Geno has more upside and would do well..  the only time I get involved is when you guys act like Fitz is Johnny Unitas and Geno is the worst QB to ever play the sport..  it's ridiculous.

I bash Fitz repeatedly?  I've said that I think Geno has more upside and would do well..  the only time I get involved is when you guys act like Fitz is Johnny Unitas and Geno is the worst QB to ever play the sport..  it's ridiculous.

Not specifically talking about you.  But its a LITTLE funny how willing you are to concede now that Fitz is the guy and there are legitimate reasons why Geno is getting benched again.  Meanwhile Geno was supposed to have all kinds of upside and he just needed "a shot".  I commend you for coming to terms on this, but you have to understand that for weeks, Fitz was still assumed to be the backup who would eventually make way for Geno once he got a crack at it.  Not the case.  Geno has real problems that didn't go away when we added Brandon Marshall, and it is pretty unlikely he'll be on the 2016 roster.  That's the fallout from all of this. 

I'd say a lot of the Fitz supporters have been pretty consistent.  He's nothing special.  Mediocre, in fact.  But he's our best option.  Yet at every turn you had people saying this was an idiotic viewpoint.  Repeating over and over again that its a waste of a season to trot Fitz out there when we have Geno sitting there waiting to unleash his big arm on the league.  I, personally, was a little tired of it, and I'm glad to see that this might be subsiding. 

Then again, the moment Fitz throws a pick or underthrows someone, you'll have the pro-Geno crowd come out of the woodwork.  Sigh.

Not specifically talking about you.  But its a LITTLE funny how willing you are to concede now that Fitz is the guy and there are legitimate reasons why Geno is getting benched again.  Meanwhile Geno was supposed to have all kinds of upside and he just needed "a shot".  I commend you for coming to terms on this, but you have to understand that for weeks, Fitz was still assumed to be the backup who would eventually make way for Geno once he got a crack at it.  Not the case.  Geno has real problems that didn't go away when we added Brandon Marshall, and it is pretty unlikely he'll be on the 2016 roster.  That's the fallout from all of this. 

I'd say a lot of the Fitz supporters have been pretty consistent.  He's nothing special.  Mediocre, in fact.  But he's our best option.  Yet at every turn you had people saying this was an idiotic viewpoint.  Repeating over and over again that its a waste of a season to trot Fitz out there when we have Geno sitting there waiting to unleash his big arm on the league.  I, personally, was a little tired of it, and I'm glad to see that this might be subsiding. 

Then again, the moment Fitz throws a pick or underthrows someone, you'll have the pro-Geno crowd come out of the woodwork.  Sigh.

I came to terms with something? lol.

If it was me I'd roll with Geno..  I'm just telling you why Bowles isn't and that I understand why.  I still think it's laughable that people think there is some huge gap between the 2.

I came to terms with something? lol.

If it was me I'd roll with Geno..  I'm just telling you why Bowles isn't and that I understand why.  I still think it's laughable that people think there is some huge gap between the 2.

Physically with the numbers they put up?  Nah not too much though it does lean Fitz's way slightly.  Mental awareness, knowing what to do in critical situations?  The gap is enormous. 

Physically with the numbers they put up?  Nah not too much though it does lean Fitz's way slightly.  Mental awareness, knowing what to do in critical situations?  The gap is enormous. 

Geno won more in his rookie year than Fitz has in any of the 11 he's played..  "enormous gap".

Geno won more in his rookie year than Fitz has in any of the 11 he's played..  "enormous gap".

Aaaaand we're back to the "career loser" argument.  Geno is 12-20 and is still playing like a rookie.  Fitz has the respect of his teammates, commands a huddle, hasn't thrown a single pick 6 this year and has posted 21+ points in a game in more than half his starts over the course of his career.  Yes, when it comes to anything related to knowing how to play the position, the gap is enormous. 

Hell, even though Geno is faster, Fitz is a much better, more efficient runner than Geno.  He gets first downs running while Geno runs backwards.  Yeah, he got hurt for failing to slide, blah blah blah.  Did he fumble?  Nope.  Is he back under center this week?  Yes.

Only in physical tools does Geno beat Fitz, and those are meaningless if you can't put it together between your ears.

Aaaaand we're back to the "career loser" argument.  Geno is 12-20 and is still playing like a rookie.  Fitz has the respect of his teammates, commands a huddle, hasn't thrown a single pick 6 this year and has posted 21+ points in a game in more than half his starts over the course of his career.  Yes, when it comes to anything related to knowing how to play the position, the gap is enormous. 

Hell, even though Geno is faster, Fitz is a much better, more efficient runner than Geno.  He gets first downs running while Geno runs backwards.  Yeah, he got hurt for failing to slide, blah blah blah.  Did he fumble?  Nope.  Is he back under center this week?  Yes.

Only in physical tools does Geno beat Fitz, and those are meaningless if you can't put it together between your ears.

leave me alone..  you're wrong.

What makes him a "very good backup"? He's not even that.

Very good backups are guys that would start on at least 10-15 other teams.

Geno Smith has no business on an NFL roster. He's as much, if not more of a project than Petty.

I'll take Geno over matt cassel any day.  ok maybe 'very good' is a stretch, but he's definitely a decent backup.  They can't even put petty in games - Geno is ahead of him right now.

Activate  Milliner and and we are down 2 players! He is never gonna play a full season and I don't believe he cares.  Doesn't give me the impression of a guy who wants to be out there. Don't see what you guys see in him, he's not even good.

Geno's "performance" was not what I would call good. Killed two drives by taking stupid sacks when he could have thrown the ball away. That kind of dumb comes back to haunt you and I guarantee if Geno had to start three or more games this season he would do more to lose them than win them.

he took two stupid sacks.  But as much as you want it to be the case where he killed two drives, that would be wron, was on one drive.  That had no effect on the game.  But the hate issue is that two sacks are repeated over and over again.  When Fitz threw two picks in the second half vs the Eagles, it was overlooked and amazingly th nearly of our LT.  Two sacks on one drive, we can't hear enough about it.  QBs make mistakes, happens, don't make it sound like on,y Geno makes mistakes.  

This game was a microcosm of Geno's entire career.

He threw bad deep balls, but looked decent against a bad team when we were down four scores.

Soon as it mattered he did stupid moronic things and sh*t the bed.

It happens every time with him.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

This game was a microcosm of Geno's entire career.

He threw bad deep balls, but looked decent against a bad team when we were down four scores.

Soon as it mattered he did stupid moronic things and sh*t the bed.

It happens every time with him.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

So true. Coming into this game Raiders opponents were converting over 50% on 3rd down. Raiders defense sucks. Geno having zero camp, no 1st team reps & throwing for 265 against them proves it.

Archived