The Bowles Gameplan

j4jets

Following points that have been pretty consistent throughout the season:

1. About 2 minutes till half time, 14-3 lead, 3 time outs left. Lets run it three times and see if we can move the ball more than 3 yards. I don't think I've seen anyone chicken out as much as we have in such situations under Bowles. Ultra conservative to say the least and whats worse is that we already know whats going to happen. Thats called consistency.

2. Fair enough, he wanted to keep the lead intact and not take a chance at #1. But then he puts his D in a position with no safeties up top when the entire stadium knows Jags will take a shot deep sooner than later right after the 3 and out. Disappointing call with 20 seconds to go. The entire momentum shifted towards the Jags there.

3. Whats up with Bowles sticking with the highly ineffective Ivory in recent weeks? There's a reason why we traded for Stacy and there's a reason why we have Bilal Powell. They are not your garbage time RBs. They are there to take over if/when your starter gets injured or is ineffective. 23 rushes including a fumble?? Bowles has been employing the "hope policy" lately. If Ivory laid an egg the last two wks, and ran for 10 yards on 10 carries, you shut him down before the D does. Rookie HC mistake.

4. Same as #3, except now its about Cro. Its time we use him as our primary KR cuz our FO/CS thought it was a great idea to not keep a KR/PR. And Cro should move to the nickel package while receiving safety help. He's garbage at this time. He keeps pulling the "I got hurt, mommy" card all the time. If you're so damn hurt, sit your ass down. Don't be a liability.

5. There are times when you have to abandon the run game. Today was it. You take your chances passing the ball. 3 and outs don't help. You have Brandon Marshall. Keep feeding him. 15+ targets a game for him will get you good results in general. We ignored him today. I understand he was hurt, but he looked pretty healthy to me hustling for the ball today. You don't ignore your playmaker and continue feeding a half legged, ineffective RB 23 times a game.

6. No TE and no effort to bring a catching TE. Very disappointing knowing our TE is only there as a blocker. I'd rather see our TE go 5 catches for 44 yards than one catch for 44 yards.

7. What the hell was up with the D just before the 2 minute warning in the 2nd half? 25 seconds to give up a TD? What vanilla D!

Lots of negatives in this game. They only positive was that Quigley can kick it longer than Nick Folk on kickoffs. Mauldin also showed promise. Calvin Pace may still be our best pass rushing LB.

-----End of rant-----

Following points that have been pretty consistent throughout the season:

1. About 2 minutes till half time, 14-3 lead, 3 time outs left. Lets run it three times and see if we can move the ball more than 3 yards. I don't think I've seen anyone chicken out as much as we have in such situations under Bowles. Ultra conservative to say the least and whats worse is that we already know whats going to happen. Thats called consistency.

2. Fair enough, he wanted to keep the lead intact and not take a chance at #1. But then he puts his D in a position with no safeties up top when the entire stadium knows Jags will take a shot deep sooner than later right after the 3 and out. Disappointing call with 20 seconds to go. The entire momentum shifted towards the Jags there.

3. Whats up with Bowles sticking with the highly ineffective Ivory in recent weeks? There's a reason why we traded for Stacy and there's a reason why we have Bilal Powell. They are not your garbage time RBs. They are there to take over if/when your starter gets injured or is ineffective. 23 rushes including a fumble?? Bowles has been employing the "hope policy" lately. If Ivory laid an egg the last two wks, and ran for 10 yards on 10 carries, you shut him down before the D does. Rookie HC mistake.

4. Same as #3, except now its about Cro. Its time we use him as our primary KR cuz our FO/CS thought it was a great idea to not keep a KR/PR. And Cro should move to the nickel package while receiving safety help. He's garbage at this time. He keeps pulling the "I got hurt, mommy" card all the time. If you're so damn hurt, sit your ass down. Don't be a liability.

5. There are times when you have to abandon the run game. Today was it. You take your chances passing the ball. 3 and outs don't help. You have Brandon Marshall. Keep feeding him. 15+ targets a game for him will get you good results in general. We ignored him today. I understand he was hurt, but he looked pretty healthy to me hustling for the ball today. You don't ignore your playmaker and continue feeding a half legged, ineffective RB 23 times a game.

6. No TE and no effort to bring a catching TE. Very disappointing knowing our TE is only there as a blocker. I'd rather see our TE go 5 catches for 44 yards than one catch for 44 yards.

7. What the hell was up with the D just before the 2 minute warning in the 2nd half? 25 seconds to give up a TD? What vanilla D!

Lots of negatives in this game. They only positive was that Quigley can kick it longer than Nick Folk on kickoffs. Mauldin also showed promise. Calvin Pace may still be our best pass rushing LB.

-----End of rant-----

6. Our TE made a 44 yard catch today. Your logic makes no sense at all

5. I think we did abandon the running game in the second half

And the Bowles game plan has gotten us more wins than we had all of last year. That means something is working

Bowles is very conservative, and his defenses don't look good.

We are winning more than last year but we have a lot more talent too. Hopefully he learns from mistakes and isn't stubborn like our last few coaches.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

Bowles is very conservative, and his defenses don't look good.

We are winning more than last year but we have a lot more talent too. Hopefully he learns from mistakes and isn't stubborn like our last few coaches.

Talent doesnt equal wins. Joe Philbin can tell you that. Hell Tom Brady can tell you that

Talent doesnt equal wins. Joe Philbin can tell you that. Hell Tom Brady can tell you that

I agree but talent sure helps. So does cheating.

Never been a fan of bowles from the beginning but not going to kill him his first year.

Is this a serious complaint? Ivory is really good and Zac Stacy sucks. That's why we stick with Ivory -- he's by far the best back on the roster.

Our offensive line has been getting owned the last two weeks -- Jacksonville gives up the fewest yards per carry in the league and Oakland gives up the 3rd fewest.

The running game will pick up when Mangold is healthy and we play some weaker rush defenses.

The Jets won today. Enjoy it for a couple of minutes. 

Thank you we won today. We are 5-3 and we still complain about our coach who has totally turned this team around from being a complete circus to a disciplined team in his first year with a ton of adversity . I mean give the guy a break let the season play out and see where we are. 

Bowles is not the only new Coach with conservative play calls;

"On fourth-and goal from the one-yard line, with Julio Jones and Devonta Freeman in tow, Dan Quinn played it close to the vest and opted to kick a field goal to cut the lead to one" and Atlanta lost to Gabbert's Niners...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000575863/article/gabbert-propels-49ers-to-win-over-fading-falcons

And the Bowles game plan has gotten us more wins than we had all of last year. That means something is working

5. 5 catches for 44 yards is better than one catch for 44 yards. Why? Because that one catch for 44 yard gave us a first down. 5 catches for 44 yards can potentially get us 5 first downs. And we're not going to see 44 yard catches from our TEs every game.

6. We passed 13 times. Rushed 11 times. We didn't abandon anything.

And we have what like 20+ mil unused cap space from last year that got pushed to 2015 and used up. Thats a $40mil swing. Its fair to say we added plenty of talented players to get us more wins.

5. 5 catches for 44 yards is better than one catch for 44 yards. Why? Because that one catch for 44 yard gave us a first down. 5 catches for 44 yards can potentially get us 5 first downs. And we're not going to see 44 yard catches from our TEs every game.

6. We passed 13 times. Rushed 11 times. We didn't abandon anything.

And we have what like 20+ mil unused cap space from last year that got pushed to 2015 and used up. Thats a $40mil swing. Its fair to say we added plenty of talented players to get us more wins.

TALENT DOES NOT EQUAL WINS. In fact a lot of the talent is currently hurt. So the fact that we  are 5-3 with a boatload of injuries is a CREDIT to Todd Bowles and company

We are lucky to have Bowles as our HC.  He is a rookie HC who will grow but already has brought professionalism back to this team.  Isn't it great that today was not the Jets at their best but we won anyway!

We played the Jags and if it hadn't been for a muffed punt, I had zero confidence in our D stopping their offense. This was supposed to be a statement game. The only statement we made is that we can beat the Jags. Hardly anything to write home about.

3. Whats up with Bowles sticking with the highly ineffective Ivory in recent weeks? There's a reason why we traded for Stacy and there's a reason why we have Bilal Powell. They are not your garbage time RBs.

IVORY has been the MVP of the Jets this season. Stacy sucks. Bilal is injured.

Did you see the 12 yd run to the 1 Yd. Line? Ivory took the entire Jags team on and did not go down when he was stopped at the one.

He scored on the next play.     OMG

a lot of people are involved. lots of blame to go around

he did pick up the pressures this week and they did throw on 3rd and 4 for the marshall TD, that took balls because quigley isn't making a 40 yard FG

It shocked me for sure. It shocked the Jags too I guess.

We played the Jags and if it hadn't been for a muffed punt, I had zero confidence in our D stopping their offense. This was supposed to be a statement game. The only statement we made is that we can beat the Jags. Hardly anything to write home about.

You're an idiot. Pure and simple. This wasn't supposed to be a statement game. This was a must win game. And they won it. So put your so called "statement game" away

Is this a serious complaint? Ivory is really good and Zac Stacy sucks. That's why we stick with Ivory -- he's by far the best back on the roster.

Our offensive line has been getting owned the last two weeks -- Jacksonville gives up the fewest yards per carry in the league and Oakland gives up the 3rd fewest.

The running game will pick up when Mangold is healthy and we play some weaker rush defenses.

I know Ivory is the better back. But he was "ineffective". Maybe he's still dealing with they hammy. Either way, 23 carries for 26 yards means he needed to step back for a while. I understand our OL didn't play great. Bowles should have ran more with Stacy to see how he responded. Whats the worse that can happen? 10 carries for 10 yards? Is that any different than Ivory? When you're ineffective, you should be benched. Bowles can preach competition, or he can be stubborn like our last HC. He was pretty stubborn today.

I know Ivory is the better back. But he was "ineffective". Maybe he's still dealing with they hammy. Either way, 23 carries for 26 yards means he needed to step back for a while. I understand our OL didn't play great. Bowles should have ran more with Stacy to see how he responded. Whats the worse that can happen? 10 carries for 10 yards? Is that any different than Ivory? When you're ineffective, you should be benched. Bowles can preach competition, or he can be stubborn like our last HC. He was pretty stubborn today.

The fact that Mauldin was used a lot today tells you differently

A lot of Jets fans seem to think that a team can go from 4-12 to a championship team. This thread says that, between the lines, and many Jets fans say that.

IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY

When you fix your weaknesses from the last season (secondary, WRs), and turn it into a strength (presumably), I do expect more wins. This is a 10 win team and we probably will reach there barring injuries.

They also spent like 500 billion dollars in FA which made a bigger difference than any coaching.  Rex Ryan would have an awesome D with this personnel too.  The difference is, Rex Ryan doesn't believe in offense and at least Bowles does to some degree.

When you fix your weaknesses from the last season (secondary, WRs), and turn it into a strength (presumably), I do expect more wins. This is a 10 win team and we probably will reach there barring injuries.

You forget, j4,he had a concussion earlier in the year. Might have slowed down his entrance. But it doesn't matter. I proved you wrong

They also spent like 500 billion dollars in FA which made a bigger difference than any coaching.  Rex Ryan would have an awesome D with this personnel too.  The difference is, Rex Ryan doesn't believe in offense and at least Bowles does to some degree.

why do some fans look for something to make a good player or as here to degrade the good job their rookie HC is doing.  Last week it was crystal ball plays Revis should have been beaten on that he wasn't beaten on, in the past its dropped INTs by the opposition and now it's the team they put together being held against the HC.

why do some fans look for something to make a good player or as here to degrade the good job their rookie HC is doing.  Last week it was crystal ball plays Revis should have been beaten on that he wasn't beaten on, in the past its dropped INTs by the opposition and now it's the team they put together being held against the HC.

Not necessarily holding it against him, but it's not fair to compare 4-12 last year to this team.  This team has changed dramatically since last year. That's commonplace in the NFL, but not necessarily to this degree.  

Let's see.....  We have a QB that's been on how many teams and doesn't have s strong arm.  We have an aging offensive line.  We have slow LB's who can't cover backs or good TE's.  We have no kick or punt returner.  We actually have two slow WR's.  We have an injury prone RB.   we have a corner that plays 10 yards off the line on 3rd and one and gives up the first down.. Better yet has a 10 yard space and gets burned every game.  

We we have how many wins?  5??  5-3??    I LOVE THE GAME PLAN!!

Thank god for this thread,  the "Chan coaching like it the 90's" thread, the "coaching not to lose thread and the "Bowles is conservative" thread didn't cover this enough.  We needed another 

But come on, this is finally a poster who knows less about this team and football than you. You should be happy about this thread.

Archived