Rex names IK captain

Rexorcism

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hypocrisy of fans is alive and well if a player on the Pats hit Brady and the Jets picked him up and made him a captain the next time we played them Jets fans would be cheering..:rolleyes:

I am not surprised at all you're OK with this move.  Even Bills fans agree this is bush league.

everyone's talking about this instead of how if the Jets win they could bury the Bills. "brilliant" move by Rex.

Rex has always been a champ at changing the way people talk about the game, which usually works to his advantage, because it's usually a huge let down.

BS, when the Jets bury the Bills and every single Jet in the post game interview will be asked about Capt. IK.  Every Jet will respond it made them want it more.  

I am not surprised at all you're OK with this move.  Even Bills fans agree this is bush league.

Some people just love to be offended and go out of there way to look for it.. So you would be appalled if we picked up a player that hit Brady and made him a captain next time we played them?? OK then Mr  Sensitive.. :)

Some people just love to be offended and go out of there way to look for it.. So you would be appalled if we picked up a player that hit Brady and made him a captain next time we played them?? OK then Mr  Sensitive.. :)

1.  I'm not offended nor surprised.  Your boy Rex simply hasn't changed at all, and that's a little sad.  Even sadder that there are still people out there who defend him and call those who don't "hypocrites" or "sensitive".  Why are YOU so offended every time people rip on poor old Rex?  Even a legion of Bills fans already think he's a joke and a buffoon.  He coaches a division rival yet we're all supposed to sit here and be quiet whenever he pulls a troll move for risk of being hypocritical?  You can't be serious.

2.  No, that would not be cool to throw a player out there who injured Brady.  But no one, not the Jets, not the team that owned Bernard Pollard, or anyone else has done that.  The closest thing to what Rex did was when Jeff Fisher sent all the players the Redskins traded for RG3 as captains the week the Rams faced him.  And I'd say this is probably more bush league than that.

The hypocrisy of fans is alive and well if a player on the Pats hit Brady and the Jets picked him up and made him a captain the next time we played them Jets fans would be cheering..:rolleyes:

I don't believe that at all, I've seen Jet fans on the forum get ripped for cheering injuries to pats players , most recently Gronk

1.  I'm not offended nor surprised.  Your boy Rex simply hasn't changed at all, and that's a little sad.  Even sadder that there are still people out there who defend him and call those who don't "hypocrites" or "sensitive".  Why are you so offended when people rip on poor old Rex?

2.  No, that would not be cool to throw a player out there who injured Brady.  But no one, not the Jets, not the team that owned Bernard Pollard, or anyone else has done that.  The closest thing to what Rex did was when Jeff Fisher sent all the players the Redskins traded for RG3 as captains.  

Granted I'm anti- political correct to me it's not a big deal and I could care less.. I get laugh out of the Rex haters that just love to get offended by him.. I hope we kill the Bills Thursday otherwise the board may explode.. Oh and I apologize for using the phrase Kill the Bills please forgive me..:(

Granted I'm anti- political correct to me it's not a big deal and I could care less.. I get laugh out of the Rex haters that just love to get offended by him.. I hope we kill the Bills Thursday otherwise the board may explode.. Oh and I apologize for using the phrase Kill the Bills please forgive me..:(

It has little to do with political correctness and a lot more to do with how poorly the Jets played Rex's final 4 years here.  We get annoyed by Rex's antics only because it validates everything that was said about him.  His first 2 years were a fluke, and now he's bringing the circus to Buffalo where we now face him twice this year.  It shouldn't be a surprise that we're going to talk about him and "hate" on him.  He set our franchise backwards.  The hate is deserved.

I think this backfires big on Rex, I mentioned in another thread the Jets have been kind of a dead team since the Marshall drop at the Pats ....this hopefully wakes them up....I think players feel real strongly about injuries and joking about them, which is what the clown, child is doing here.

You think Bowles will put Geno into the game during garbage time when we're up by 4 scores? A lot of people don't like Geno, but it would be nice to see him drive down the field and score against Rex's incredible defense

We should make Geno the captain and go out there with $600 taped to his helmet.

Haha, doosh move, not suprised...like at all.

The fact IK would even participate shows he's not actually remorseful...and why should he be...his past doesnt strike as someone who would be.

This is classic Rex taking the focus off of what should be the focus...the implementation of a gameplan, and the reward of executing it.

I hope for Bowles sake we win this game...SOJ fans will turn on him.

Bowles said he hasn't yet picked his captains for Thursday night. Might he make Smith a captain? 

"We haven't discussed it yet," Bowles said. 

Good. A proper head coach worries about other details before deciding inconsequential game captains.

Like an actual game plan.

We should make Geno the captain and go out there with $600 taped to his helmet.

Its all a joke because its Geno . What if Fitzy was a captain and IK shakes his left hand real hard damaging the thumb even more . Would not put it past WWE Rex and IK is the mindless imbecile who'd run through the wall and take the fall for the buffoon.  If I'm Bowles I send out the Oline as co-captains. 

What I hate about this is Bowles is too even keel of a dude to play back on this one. I mean come on! Give Scott Norwood a billion dollars to sign with the Jets for a day and trot him out there. Send Sheldon out there in a giant foot costume. Have all the guys who do go out wear t-shirts with screen prints of him being a drunk idiot at the UFC thing in Miami, or even that dumbass tattoo. Give me something here!

1.  I'm not offended nor surprised.  Your boy Rex simply hasn't changed at all, and that's a little sad.  Even sadder that there are still people out there who defend him and call those who don't "hypocrites" or "sensitive".  Why are YOU so offended every time people rip on poor old Rex?  Even a legion of Bills fans already think he's a joke and a buffoon.  He coaches a division rival yet we're all supposed to sit here and be quiet whenever he pulls a troll move for risk of being hypocritical?  You can't be serious.

2.  No, that would not be cool to throw a player out there who injured Brady.  But no one, not the Jets, not the team that owned Bernard Pollard, or anyone else has done that.  The closest thing to what Rex did was when Jeff Fisher sent all the players the Redskins traded for RG3 as captains the week the Rams faced him.  And I'd say this is probably more bush league than that.

In all seriousness I wonder if the NFL will have a strong opinion of this move by Rex. In this day and age of trying to make the game safer and all the adds against domestic violence and all that I think this could be looked at as a condoning of IK punching another NFL player. There really is a low level of tolerance of that sort of thing in the NFL right now.

BS, when the Jets bury the Bills and every single Jet in the post game interview will be asked about Capt. IK.  Every Jet will respond it made them want it more.  

what are you talking about?

media/fans aren't talking about the game. they're talking about THIS.

Its all a joke because its Geno . What if Fitzy was a captain and IK shakes his left hand real hard damaging the thumb even more . Would not put it past WWE Rex and IK is the mindless imbecile who'd run through the wall and take the fall for the buffoon.  If I'm Bowles I send out the Oline as co-captains. 

Exactly. It's all a joke because it's Geno and what happened between those two individuals. Without the punch none of this is even happening. Or being talked about here.

And if Fitz sticks out his injured left hand for the handshake when he is a right handed guy, then he deserves to have it injured.

How about that Mauldin yesterday eh? 

What I hate about this is Bowles is too even keel of a dude to play back on this one. I mean come on! Give Scott Norwood a billion dollars to sign with the Jets for a day and trot him out there. Send Sheldon out there in a giant foot costume. Have all the guys who do go out wear t-shirts with screen prints of him being a drunk idiot at the UFC thing in Miami, or even that dumbass tattoo. Give me something here!

Nah.

Fitz, Sheldon, and Mo are the only captains we need. It calmly and quietly says enough to Rex and the Bills, while also making a hell of a lot of sense.

While Rex sending IK out there is bombastic and silly, like this:

http://media.makeadare.com/img/423393bc9/image_4f0f6a401d.jpg

Sending out Fitz, Sheldon, and Mo would be more cold, calculated, and dignified, like this:

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/3551632/robin-rottingham-duel-o.gif

As usual the media and the fans are making a big deal out of a non-story.   Rex has always sent ex-players from the team they are playing out as captains .  IK is an ex-Jet.

Marshall, who was smith's friend,and the only one who stood up for him,  had this to say.

Do guys on offense harbor ill-feelings for IK? Marshall: ”Man, that was so long ago, u just reminded me that that happened... (1)

Marshall cont: "We’re just focused on gettin win #6. U’ve gotta understand he was a tmmate of alotta guys in this rm too. Ppl make mistakes"

the players don't care

Nah.

Fitz, Sheldon, and Mo are the only captains we need. It calmly and quietly says enough to Rex and the Bills, while also making a hell of a lot of sense.

While Rex sending IK out there is bombastic and silly, like this:

http://media.makeadare.com/img/423393bc9/image_4f0f6a401d.jpg

Sending out Fitz, Sheldon, and Mo would be more cold, calculated, and dignified, like this:

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/3551632/robin-rottingham-duel-o.gif

Send Woody out there in a diaper.

rex-ryan-feet.jpg

rex-ryan-toes.jpg

For about 10 seconds considered posting some of the videos of possibly his wife. 

Coulnd't do it,only because they do have some kids. It's someone's mom. 

Rex Ryan is a twisted degenerate. I'm not a prude, but the foot stuff is really sick, depraved , weird, nasty. If his dad didn't get him into coaching he'd be living in a van down by the river, probably bumrushing unsuspecting johns midfellate for scratch. 

Archived