Rex names IK captain

Rexorcism

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's over.

Apparently it's not. Rex made IK captain for this game. Did he make other former Jets on the Bill captain for this game?

Rex has always shown that he does not know what the title "captain" even means on the team. How it is supposed to represent leadership and player that others look up to. he made Santonio Holmes a captain, based on what he hoped he would become. Of course, it worked out horribly.

It certainly is disrespectful to smith, but as far as it being disrespectful to the fans, IDK about that.  Fortunately, the captains aren't introduced individuality , but judging from a lot of the opinions on the board , if they were, I suspect there would be more cheering then booing when IK was introduced.

That would be a bit embarrassing  

Apparently it's not. Rex made IK captain for this game. Did he make other former Jets on the Bill captain for this game?

Rex has always shown that he does not know what the title "captain" even means on the team. How it is supposed to represent leadership and player that others look up to. he made Santonio Holmes a captain, based on what he hoped he would become. Of course, it worked out horribly.

yes he will make other former Jets captains for the game.

He made Holmes a captain b/c Holmes was a big leader on our team in 2010.

Pretty sure that you punch someone, without provocation, that is assault in any business or venture, it is assault. Whether you are a football player or not.

the 2 got into an argument, geno basically dared him to punch him and he got punched.  I am not saying what IK did was right but it was 2 grown men getting physical, he didn't walk up to him out of nowhere and punch him in the back.

It certainly is disrespectful to smith, but as far as it being disrespectful to the fans, IDK about that.  Fortunately, the captains aren't introduced individuality , but judging from a lot of the opinions on the board , if they were, I suspect there would be more cheering then booing when IK was introduced.

That would be a bit embarrassing  

How would the Jets PA announcer introduce IK? 

"Introducing the Bills team captain, an idiot who punched his teammate and is currently being used by his coach to win a pissing contest the other side isn't playing."

I will cheer for him. IK made the season. 

I seriously hope opinions like this are in the vast minority.  I am no fan of Geno and I fully support Fitz and I will be there Thursday night.  I seriously hope that our fans do not stoop to cheering for a thug on an opposing team who is being honored by our former clown of a coach for breaking the jaw of one of our players.  Did things essentially work out for our team after the incident?  No doubt.  But I hope that this "captain" is booed thoroughly in our building.

A total scrub who's only known for punching a teammate in the face?  Breaking every rule of the locker?  Yes, I'd be offended if my idiot of a coach did all he could to make us a laughingstock of the league by signing a player like that, a player that no one in the league would have signed.  

And I'd hide under a rock if that same idiot made that scrub a captain.  For many reasons.  Start with the definition of what a captain should stand for and why Rex has named him captain.

And it happened with Bowles as HC I guess he has no control of the team and no clue on what was going on..:rolleyes: I borrowed that phrase from the sensitive Jet fans that said that during the Holmes fiasco..

There is a distinct difference between rex's normal assigning captains who played for the teams he is playing.  This guy hit the starting Qb of another team and put him out.  It just so happens that fans and the media don't like Geno so it is a yuk yuk story.  Take just about any other Qb in the league and see how the media treats it.  Rex puts himself ahead of the team always.

And it happened with Bowles as HC I guess he has no control of the team and no clue on what was going on..:rolleyes: I borrowed that phrase from the sensitive Jet fans that said that during the Holmes fiasco..

And that time Tuna made LT a captain to spite Joe Theisman

Lets cheer him for giving us Fitz!!      In all seriousness though, Rex really just doesn't get it.  He can defend it all he wants but just the fact that you would have to defend the move should tell you enough.  

Rex is losing his freaking mind in Buffalo. First he says he can whip almost any other HC in the NFL, which I highly doubt given that he is far more mouth than action. I would like to see him try Jack Del Rio or Ron Rivera. I think Tom Coughlin would make him cry. Now he thinks he will "rattle" the Jets with this juvenile move. Good luck. Bills fans, this is just the beginning. You had a team on the rise and look where you are under Rexy 3-5 and complaints coming from the defense. Give Rex another year to pick up Jets castoffs and you will be singing the Rex Ryan blues like Jets fans did for three years.

Here you go again calling people "sensitive" and using the same old eye roll technique.  You can't help yourself at this point.

Yes, Bowles should have been more aware of the brewing tension between IK and Geno.  But how much is he supposed to play babysitter to 2 pro football players over a $600 dispute?  What's more, he did the right thing and cut IK and (ultimately) benched Geno for his behavior. 

Meanwhile, Rex has direct control over who he names captain, whether for a season or a game.  It may not matter much, but naming Holmes a team captain and IK a captain for a day speaks volumes of the kind of person Rex is.  He loves giving losers/problem children 2nd and 3rd chances, no matter how that looks to the rest of the locker room. 

There is a distinct difference between rex's normal assigning captains who played for the teams he is playing.  This guy hit the starting Qb of another team and put him out.  It just so happens that fans and the media don't like Geno so it is a yuck yuck story.  Take just about any other Qb in the league and see how the media treats it.  Rex puts himself ahead of the team always.

Remember all the Jet fans that cheered when Pennington got hurt?? They weren't real sensitive then were they??

There is a distinct difference between rex's normal assigning captains who played for the teams he is playing.  This guy hit the starting Qb of another team and put him out.  It just so happens that fans and the media don't like Geno so it is a yuck yuck story.  Take just about any other Qb in the league and see how the media treats it.  Rex puts himself ahead of the team always.

He will be a very sad man indeed when his coaching career is over. He won't be able to highlight himself and glorify himself anymore. I am so glad he is not here any more. His crap was knee deep.

Rex is losing his freaking mind in Buffalo. First he says he can whip almost any other HC in the NFL, which I highly doubt given that he is far more mouth than action. I would like to see him try Jack Del Rio or Ron Rivera. I think Tom Coughlin would make him cry. Now he thinks he will "rattle" the Jets with this juvenile move. Good luck. Bills fans, this is just the beginning. You had a team on the rise and look where you are under Rexy 3-5 and complaints coming from the defense. Give Rex another year to pick up Jets castoffs and you will be singing the Rex Ryan blues like Jets fans did for three years.

Again, not doing this would have been the smart move if you are trolling. This is too obvious. It's PR37 level trolling. 

TX level trolling would be to name anyone else captain and be overly complimentary. 

Remember all the Jet fans that cheered when Pennington got hurt?? They weren't real sensitive then were they??

1)  Please address this comment to a few thousand dumbass fans at the game that did that.  It has nothing to do with this discussion.

2)  Comments like 'oh yeah!  This guy was a serial killer so you think raex is so darn bad!' make you look foolish.

Thing that is so damn funny is that Rex likes to yuck it up with stuff like this but goes totally butt hurt and ballistic when a 2nd year TE mentions there may have been a lack of accountability last year.  He is the absolute epitome of liking to dish it out but not being able to take it at all.

1)  Please address this comment to a few thousand dumbass fans at the game that did that.  It has nothing to do with this discussion.

2)  Comments like 'oh yeah!  This guy was a serial killer so you think raex is so darn bad!' make you look foolish.

Raex?? Serial killer?? Really??

Rex Ryan sees it as company policy. So, for Ryan’s homecoming game Thursday night when the Bills play the Jets, one of his former players with the Jets will be a Bills captain.

IK Enemkpali. The guy who broke the jaw of Jets quarterback Geno Smith in August.

Enemkpali fits Ryan’s policy of making players with ties to the opponent captains for that game.

It's petty and it's stupid and he does it all the time.  I remember people thinking "it's great" when he did it against the Pats with guys like O'Connell, but whatever.  Captain for the game just means you walk out for the coin toss. It's not an actual leadership position, but hey let's bring Santonio Holmes back into this.  That hasn't been beaten to death. Do you think Pennington has a weak arm?  

yeah, I remember that very clearly, thought it was silly. But I am specifically talking about him taking a player cut for knocking out, heck even fighting with, a player on that team, and making them a captain when we played that team.

the reason they were cut doesn't really matter.  they were cut and rex picks them up and makes them captain.  it's his thing. 

all i'm saying is, if he did this when he was a jets coach, most fans would have loved it.  now he's doing it for another team and most fans hate it.

it's such a trivial gesture for a trivial "ceremony".  i'm glad bowles and company are completely downplaying it.

It's petty and it's stupid and he does it all the time.  I remember people thinking "it's great" when he did it against the Pats with guys like O'Connell, but whatever.  Captain for the game just means you walk out for the coin toss. It's not an actual leadership position, but hey let's bring Santonio Holmes back into this.  That hasn't been beaten to death. Do you think Pennington has a weak arm?  

Maybe it gets beaten to death because he pulls the same stupid sh*t all the time.  The guy just never learns. 

the reason they were cut doesn't really matter.  they were cut and rex picks them up and makes them captain.  it's his thing. 

all i'm saying is, if he did this when he was a jets coach, most fans would have loved it.  now he's doing it for another team and most fans hate it.

it's such a trivial gesture for a trivial "ceremony".  i'm glad bowles and company are completely downplaying it.

This isn't about putting formers players out as coaches.  I don't think anyone is complaining that former Jets are out there.  I have no problem with that (although I thought it was dumb when he did it here) 

This is a very unique situation...A 250 pound man - punched a QB in the face, broke his jaw and destroyed his season.  You don't glorify a man like that.  

It's not trivial - it offends me as a fan of the NFL (not just the Jets)

Exactly like I said if a player hit Brady and we picked the player up and made him a coin flip captain against the Pats most fans would love it.. However if your a certified Rex hater you always must show righteous indignation every chance you get at whatever he does..LOL  

Maybe it gets beaten to death because he pulls the same stupid sh*t all the time.  The guy just never learns. 

Beating Rex to death for this makes sense.  I mean, we knew he was going to do it, but I understand the mock indignation.  This has absolutely zero to do with naming Holmes captain other than the fact that both articles contain the word "captain."

Beating Rex to death for this makes sense.  I mean, we knew he was going to do it, but I understand the mock indignation.  This has absolutely zero to do with naming Holmes captain other than the fact that both articles contain the word "captain."

Do you know the reason they made Namath a captain back in the 60's??

Exactly like I said if a player hit Brady and we picked the player up and made him a coin flip captain against the Pats most fans would love it.. However if your a certified Rex hater you always must show righteous indignation every chance you get at whatever he does..LOL  

Simply not true.  If he hit him with a clean hit during a game, still classless - but a bit more understandable considering this is Rex.  That's not what happened here - what IK did was criminal and should not be glorified.

How would the Jets PA announcer introduce IK? 

"Introducing the Bills team captain, an idiot who punched his teammate and is currently being used by his coach to win a pissing contest the other side isn't playing."

if you don't at least try and send that to the person introducing the sides a great injustice will have been done .  LOL

Archived