Rex names IK captain

Rexorcism

You realize the discussion was about Holmes right??? When did IK become part of it?? The coin flip captain lasts for about a minute it's not the same as being a team captain which Namath and Holmes were..

The thread is about IK.  You defended Rex in assigning the capt. label to a thug.  Just as you brought Brady and someone who hit him during a game into it.  Another analogy that's not on the same level as IK.  That's the point of all of this.  Now we're on Holmes?  If that's the case, my bad.  

• Upvote 1

This may help.  I'll bet it won't.

fact (făkt)

• n.
    Knowledge or information based on real occurrences:  an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy. 
  • n.
    Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed:  Genetic engineering is now a fact. 

the facts are when the players gave their public comments they did not back Geno.  I know this is hard for you to comprehend but these are facts.  I guess in your world the players would publicly not support him and privately back him instead of the other way around.

• Thumb Down 1

No, they really don't give a sh*t and most players never did.

Rivalry and anger/hatred is a fan thing, not a player thing (sadly).

For them, it's just business, and they all have as many friends in Bills Blue as friends in Jets Green.

Especially nowadays.  Free Agency killed REAL hatred and rivalries, because last years rival is this years teammate is next years possible new team.

We want them to care because we care.

They, in the vast majority, simply don't.  They care about as much as you care about the schlub in the rival company down the hall you have lunch with every Tuesday, who you also happened to once work with, and went to college with.  You're not "rivals" at all.

well said

the facts are when the players gave their public comments they did not back Geno.  I know this is hard for you to comprehend but these are facts.  I guess in your world the players would publicly not support him and privately back him instead of the other way around.

Not publicly backing someone doesn't mean it is fact that they don't like them or even back them.  

The fact is you don't get this and will carry on forever

Not publicly backing someone doesn't mean it is fact that they don't like them or even back them.  

The fact is you don't get this and will carry on forever

I didn't say anything about liking or disliking him but it tells me all I need to know that no one backed him publicly.  sometimes we just need to use common sense.

yep, teams tend to hire sons of former HCs that never won a playoff game just for fun.  teams don't like to win so they will hire anyone.

Actually they do.

Former JETS OC Schotty 

People gets chances all the time in every industry that they haven't earned simply because of networking influences. The NFL is nepotism central. As soon as overload blitzes were figured out Rex was figured out.

Edited by Embrace the Suck

Actually they do.

Former JETS OC Schotty 

People gets chances all the time in every industry that they haven't earned simply because of networking influences.

Except that Shotty was highly regarded after his work with Brees and Rivers and the offense in SD.

Just as Rex was highly regarded for his work with the Ravens D.

Actually they do.

Former JETS OC Schotty 

People gets chances all the time in every industry that they haven't earned simply because of networking influences.

Schotty did a nice job for us. 

sure connections can get you jobs but you don't keep jobs or keep getting jobs unless people think you can coach and there are so few HC spots no one is just giving a spot to a name.  Rex earned his shot and did a good job overall for us and earned a 2nd shot.

sure connections can get you jobs but you don't keep jobs or keep getting jobs unless people think you can coach and there are so few HC spots no one is just giving a spot to a name.  Rex earned his shot and did a good job overall for us and earned a 2nd shot.

the best thing Shotty did for us was stand up to Holmes in Miami while big bad Rex was cowering on the sideline pretending not to know what was going on.

• Upvote 2

good job overall? not really. he did a mediocre job. 46-50 record. nothing to show for it except 2 conference game losses. no division titles. nothing really to note except that the team regressed under him and he brought a circus atmosphere to the team

Apparently it's not. Rex made IK captain for this game. Did he make other former Jets on the Bill captain for this game?

Rex has always shown that he does not know what the title "captain" even means on the team. How it is supposed to represent leadership and player that others look up to. he made Santonio Holmes a captain, based on what he hoped he would become. Of course, it worked out horribly.

Come on, now. Can you honestly say, with a straight face that THIS isn't the face of captaincy material?

http://imgick.nj.com/home/njo-media/width620/img/jets_impact/photo/13771918-mmmain.jpg

• Upvote 1

How did they get to those positions in the first place? How did they get their first college jobs? Did they work their way up or were they fast tracked?

Shotty got his spot because of his father, Rex because of what he did coaching on the college level and then working his way up through the ranks of the Ravens.

But they both were given spots and worked it well, helping their position.  

yes he will make other former Jets captains for the game.

He made Holmes a captain b/c Holmes was a big leader on our team in 2010.

Completely wrong, you have a warped view of Jets history for some reason...he HOPED Holmes would be a leader and it backfired in his face when Holmes started pointing fingers in all directions after losses. Holmes was nothing near what you would consider a leader, which is why he STILL hasn't been picked up by another team.

the 2 got into an argument, geno basically dared him to punch him and he got punched.  I am not saying what IK did was right but it was 2 grown men getting physical, he didn't walk up to him out of nowhere and punch him in the back.

Not sure what you are arguing here, Dierking said it was assault and you just described assault...What is your point besides showing off your are ignorance?

Thing that is so damn funny is that Rex likes to yuck it up with stuff like this but goes totally butt hurt and ballistic when a 2nd year TE mentions there may have been a lack of accountability last year.  He is the absolute epitome of liking to dish it out but not being able to take it at all.

+ A Zillion

Beating Rex to death for this makes sense.  I mean, we knew he was going to do it, but I understand the mock indignation.  This has absolutely zero to do with naming Holmes captain other than the fact that both articles contain the word "captain."

So we shouldn't beat him to death?

Ok, we're turning around the car...

• Upvote 1

is -16 a record?

it's up to minus 17 but that's ok, I am not a typical fan.  I can see things others can't.  I'd love to see all the posts of those bashing him now at the time, these will be the same folks parsing Bowles that will be bashing him in 2-3 years when he is gone.