Cam Newton & NFL Network

Smashmouth

I'm really getting sick of hearing about this guy. He does make the good play from time to time but he makes a ton of bad plays and his team is winning in spite of the bad.

The NFL network refuses to point out any of the bad. A few weeks ago he had 1 TD and 3 Ints yet they were gushing all over him because he had a rushing TD from I think was the one yard line .

Today I'm watching highlights as he was having a pretty good game against the Packers yet threw what most would consider a completely moronic INT in the 4th quarter with 2 min left on own 30 yard line. When NFL network was describing the Play they Said "The Panthers" threw the Interception. I'm like WTF ? The Panthers ?? Its as if they are instructed not to say anything negative about Cam since they are all up his ass. Another problem with the throw was it was thrown to the sideline ??? Why when trying to move the ball and run out clock would you throw to the sideline ?

I remember a few years back When Sanchez was our QB and the Jets were 9-2 all they could do to bash Sanchez at every turn and it really is the same situation. We knew Sanchez was not the reason for being 9-2. And I think most people understand the Panthers are not undefeated simply because Cam Newton is doing it all by himself. Hes Not

Cam Newton will put his head down and try to run over Defenders.... and ya know what ? That's great as well even though the rest of the world knows its mind bogglingly stupid. Its reported as the great Cam Newton ...Superman ... Have we not seen this before over and over and have we not seen it end well at all. Actually when has it ever ended well ?

Cam Newton has a completion percentage of 53 % he has 14 TD's and 9 Ints and his rating is 81.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really getting sick of hearing about this guy. He does make the good play from time to time but he makes a ton of bad plays and his team is winning in spite of the bad.

The NFL network refuses to point out any of the bad. A few weeks ago he had 1 TD and 3 Ints yet they were gushing all over him because he had a rushing TD from I think was the one yard line .

Today I'm watching highlights as he was having a pretty good game against the Packers yet threw what most would consider a completely moronic INT in the 4th quarter with 2 min left on own 30 yard line. When NFL network was describing the Play they Said "The Panthers" threw the Interception. I'm like WTF ? The Panthers ?? Its as if they are instructed not to say anything negative about Cam since they are all up his ass. Another problem with the throw was it was thrown to the sideline ??? Why when trying to move the ball and run out clock would you throw to the sideline ?

I remember a few years back When Sanchez was our QB and the Jets were 9-2 all they could do to bash Sanchez at every turn and it really is the same situation. We knew Sanchez was not the reason for being 9-2. And I think most people understand the Panthers are not undefeated simply because Cam Newton is doing it all by himself. Hes Not

Cam Newton will put his head down and try to run over Defenders.... and ya know what ? That's great as well even though the rest of the world knows its mind bogglingly stupid. Its reported as the great Cam Newton ...Superman ... Have we not seen this before over and over and have we not seen it end well at all. Actually when has it ever ended well ?

Cam Newton has a completion percentage of 53 % he has 14 TD's and 9 Ints and his rating is 81.

Okay there, Nawrocki, slow your roll. :P

On second thought, he is colossal douche-moron:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-b5van5FnTFA/UNd32Z75cSI/AAAAAAABm7k/Far1cDusMX8/s800/CamNewton.gif

Dude is having an MVP caliber season. That offense has less talent (see: WEAPONZZZ) than last year's Jets. Look what he's doing. 

He'll get overlooked because "Brady has that look in his eyes", but the reality is nobody is doing more with less in the league right now. 

If you don't like hearing about it, change the channel. For once the media is talking about someone that is earning being in the conversation.

Dude is having an MVP caliber season. That offense has less talent (see: WEAPONZZZ) than last year's Jets. Look what he's doing. 

He'll get overlooked because "Brady has that look in his eyes", but the reality is nobody is doing more with less in the league right now. 

If you don't like hearing about it, change the channel. For once the media is talking about someone that is earning being in the conversation.

MVP Caliber season ? Have you watched any of Carolina's games ? if was a Jets QB you would be complaining about 9 ints and the 53 % comp percentage

MVP Caliber season ? Have you watched any of Carolina's games ? if was a Jets QB you would be complaining about 9 ints and the 53 % comp percentage

If he was the Jets QB, those wouldn't be his numbers.  What he's managed to do with that team is nothing short of astounding.

it's apparent that you either haven't watched their games or don't understand the game.

I'm with you, man. I don't see what everyone else is seeing here. Look at the stats. Then actually watch him play. It's not impressive.

If you want more sickening coverage of Cam, try listening to Robin Lundberg's show on ESPN NY, he's constantly talking Cam up.

I'm with you, man. I don't see what everyone else is seeing here. Look at the stats. Then actually watch him play. It's not impressive.

If you want more sickening coverage of Cam, try listening to Robin Lundberg's show on ESPN NY, he's constantly talking Cam up.

Thank you for not falling for the bullsh*t hype like the other sheep. I'm not trying to say Cam is terrible Im not even calling him bad just over hyped and I'm not comparing him to Mark Sanchez (just the situation) yet people feel the need to take this thread in a direction I never intended . If this were any other QB with 14 TD's and 9 Ints with a 53 5 comp rate throwing BAD ints and his team bailing him out time after time they would NEVER ever get this coverage. MVP my ******* ass.

Apparently no one in this thread watched any of his games just sports center highlights giving him all the credit and his team nothing. We shall see how superman does come playoff time. That is if he's not injured by then taking on LB's head on.

Watch the Green Bay game where his so called terrible WR's were running free all over the field. Then watch how he almost gave the game away with a dumb Int in his own territory with 2 min left

Newton getting MVP votes is just another reason that Putin doesn't respect the US.......if you know what I mean 

Tiger Woods wins should be struck from the records if you know what I mean

This Mitt 2012 bumper sticker ruined the chrome job on my impala, adding insult to injury.

Cam Newton should be a TE or a PG or a RF.

The Arsenio Hall Show only lasted five years but it was the most disconcerting five years of my young adult life.

Jason Sehorn was the GOAT if we're being honest 

Whenever I see that Cam Newton commercial for Greek yogurt I always remember that Greece went bankrupt because they had those Russell Simmons credit cards and I'm all "figures."

No coincidence the Cowboys didn't win sh*t until they cut Quincy Carter

I have no idea what you're talking about

Its a big mistake to believe any of the media hype about anything

For example, I watched the Jets Jaguars game today on NFL rewind and if you were to believe the mush being spewed out by the two imbeciles, Gumballs and Green, the Jets were up against a great young team with a superstar QB, a sensational defense and a great coaching staff in the Jacksonville Juggernauts

And you still have no reading skills

I don't have any problems comprehending what I read.  No one else does either.  You're tearing Cam Newton a new one. He's not good.  He's all hype.  Can take it that he's got nothing to do with the Panthers being undefeated.  Too many picks.  I read it.  

You should stay out of QB conversations.  There's more to the game than stats.

What precedent have I set for that?

Fitz isn't exactly a statistical dream come true, you don't see me complaining about him, and all he's done is helps us get to 5 wins. Cam has powered that team to 8 wins and an undefeated record. You have to look at it in context, he's doing what they need him to do to compensate for surrounding him with garbage. 

So, like I said, you could argue that he's having an MVP caliber season. What other QB, other than Brady, Dalton and Fitz, has put their team on their shoulders and taken them to their respective next levels? None are coming to mind for me, at the moment.

I have to disagree here. Not with everything you are saying, I can understand where you're coming from, but the NFL media has been hating on Cam for the past couple years. Its good to see that they're not nitpicking his success right now. The guy's not perfect, but no one would have figured that the Panthers would have beaten the Pack even with Kelvin Benjamin in the Mix and Funchess becoming a matchup nightmare. Not only did the Panthers win, but they're undefeated without their #1 WR or their rookie WR Funchess picking up the slack. Outside of the Packers game (71 yards, 1 td) Funchess has be totally M.I.A. Funchess nearly doubled his ENTIRE yearly yardage output in that Packers game and just now scored his 1st TD. 

Cam, outside of his rookie year has been heavily scrutinized by the NFL media to the point where I felt like they had it out for dude. Cam and the Panthers are ballin' right now. Let that dude live. It beats hearing about the same four names everyday. (Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees). 

Who's he throwing to, Mr. Weaponz?

I'd die to have Cam Newton on this team.  Kid is a beast!  He deserves all the accolades he gets this season.  His offense is horrible and that team is undefeated. 

Archived