Geno Commenting on IK

AFJF

This is one of those situations where the geno haters would bash anything Geno said. 

If Geno had said "yeah, I take it personally" they would bash Geno for not "moving on" and not "focusing on this week's game." 

Geno's response was fine. 

Agreed.

Geno is basically saying "if you want to keep this story alive, go ahead but leave me out of it." 

Baby steps, Geno.

This was a no-win question for Geno to answer. Either answer creates a story. Saying yes makes it a story about how this game is personal and then they can go to Rex and ask him about it and churn the story up until the game. Saying no makes Geno sound like he's clueless. That just sort of hangs out there. Maybe there's a little story about how commentators can't understand how he wouldn't take it personally but it's not as big of a story.

Geno didn't help the situation by asking why he should take it personally. That was running backwards to avoid a sack. Geno being Geno.

This is one of those situations where the geno haters would bash anything Geno said. 

If Geno had said "yeah, I take it personally" they would bash Geno for not "moving on" and not "focusing on this week's game." 

Geno's response was fine. 

I am probably the furthest thing you can be from a geno fan but gonna have to agree he handled it fine. Non story 

I think some of you are missing the point

Geno didn't say he didn't take personally IK punching him

he said he doesn't take personally Rex making IK  captain for the game ,I believe that was the question , there is a big difference

why would he take personally what ever stupid thing Rex does? how is that got to do with Geno?

Only when they're wearing a Steelers jersey.

Oh god, I'm so afraid that I haven't earned enough clout to make that joke. Especially when I don't know the story behind it. I just recall it being referenced. I want to fit in.

The pertinent details of the Steelers Guy Urban Legend is that @faba is a psychopath and I saved him from serious jail time. 

It's the high road but no one buys it.  HE could have said, obviously it was an unfortunate incident that we both took personally.  The only thing that matters now is getting a Win on Thursday.

Whats to buy, he took the high road.  

The pertinent details of the Steelers Guy Urban Legend is that @faba is a psychopath and I saved him from serious jail time. 

Well then, sir, I guess that makes you a hero. Hats off to you.

I actually punched a Steelers fan once. Guy got a busted lip, split head, and a concussion. I narrowly avoided jail time, too.

I hate the Steelers. Their fans are teh suck.

Archived