Willie Colon to the IR, Season Done

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well at least winters hasn't been bad, and you can't blame him for ivory's problems.  

Sure you can. He was solid against Miami, but he didn't play well at all against Jacksonville. The whole line has been suspect the last few weeks in the running game.

So Mangold will play. Cro will sit and Winters will play. Overall, that's good news for the Jets. Now we need to know about the safeties.

Cro was probably sitting regardless of whether Milliner was activated or not. Have to believe Milliner barely sees the field unless for special teams. Cro will be missed in the kick return game.

Sure you can. He was solid against Miami, but he didn't play well at all against Jacksonville. The whole line has been suspect the last few weeks in the running game.

Cro was probably sitting regardless of whether Milliner was activated or not. Have to believe Milliner barely sees the field unless for special teams. Cro will be missed in the kick return game.

But not in the coverage game, if prior evidence is to be believed.

they should have started rebuilding the oline last year. no reason not to start this year. I'll be disappointed if they don't.

Bringing in Carpenter this year and Breno last year has helped to rebuild. They're going to get a real good look at Brian Winters. If he fails, Dozier, Ijalana, and maybe even Harrison could get looks. They've been drafting linemen, just not high. We'll see how it shakes out, but RG could be a need next season.

Bringing in Carpenter this year and Breno last year has helped to rebuild. They're going to get a real good look at Brian Winters. If he fails, Dozier, Ijalana, and maybe even Harrison could get looks. They've been drafting linemen, just not high. We'll see how it shakes out, but RG could be a need next season.

I thought Harrison was waived.

Too bad, a game like this where line play will be at a premium and our oline needs to set the tempo vs Buffalo's D line Colon would of been very helpful to have.....hope Winters can hold his own and not get Fitz and/or Ivory killed.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

true. i guess we'll see.

That's a shame.  He was playing well and not a penalty machine.

Hopefully Winters can fill in good enough.  The real piece missing was Mangold.  Him back changes everything.  Losing Colon for the year, shouldnt be a crippling blow to any team.  So hopefully its truly, next man up!

Glad to hear Milliner is back in action.  With the rate of guys dropping in the secondary, that's great timing! 

Best thing is to just gain continuity: Winters has talent and showed improvement this year, the line just needs to get healthy, build consistency and start to peak for winter football. 

Milliner was activated!? But he's teh  suck. Color me surprised. 

Cro is out, Skrine is banged up, they're down to two safeties, one who was just on the PS. They needed the bodies. If something happens (God forbid) to Revis or Williams, they'll need depth behind Walls and McDougle.

Losing Willie Colon sucks - I NEVER THOUGHT I'D STATE THAT AFTER LAST YEAR - because although his play was adequate, he was CLEARLY a veteran locker room leader and presence/role-model that Bowles and many other players refer to as a strength of this team. 

Winters has played decently in substituting #66, but he SHOULD be at this stage having been a 2 year starter in the league (experience alone counts for SOMETHING) and should be coming to his own in Year 3. From what I've seen of him, he clearly lacks strength - not toughness- and does get the pocket to collapse earlier than before. you saw that Fitzy had to shift a few times in the pocket v. Jax. (found Decker for the TD that way). The OLine has to play better, but I believe it's more a reflection of Father Time w/the starting 5. Carpeneter has been HANDS DOWN OL MVP. Most underrated offensive FA signing by MacCags.

Miliner has ability and I'm glad the CS has not given up on him (all TC and thus far, no real indication on how they felt on #27). He'll improve and at this rate can't be ANY WORSE than Cro w/his geriatric hip. He SHOULD be our #2 next year. That, with FA GOLD Buster Skrine, we're fine at the CB position. 

Safety . . . . still another story until we get (Can't believe I'm typing this after last year) Pryor back and HOPEFULLY stabilize a unit that has been SUB-PAR by our Fan Ideal Standards. This job was a reclamation project and we've exceeded most people's initial expectations, but INJURIES have mounted to the point where we have 7 players on IR (2 S, 2 TE, Starting G, Starting PK, Starting SlotWR/KOR). Not an excuse, but let's TEMPER our expectations considering how FAR we've come from LAST YEAR and we still have 1/2 a season to go with a manageable schedule and SOLID leadership in all Team Units. We'll be fine.

Having said that, who's up to FINE DINE on some Buffalo Burgers tomorrow? GO JETS!

Cro SHOULD be INACTIVE. Powell should be out until fully healed if it's a HighAnkleSprain and let FresherLegs Ridley gets reps. Skrine can play but has to wrap up instead of lead-in with his shoulder like he usually does causing the injury in the first place. We need SAFETY and OLine Run Game to be HEALTHY. 

Who's going to sick up for everyone on the field and pick up a stupid personal foul now that Colon is out??    

On a serious note, it is a bad loss in terms of leadership and pure emotion on the field.  I thought he was playing pretty decent. 

Who's going to sick up for everyone on the field and pick up a stupid personal foul now that Colon is out??    

On a serious note, it is a bad loss in terms of leadership and pure emotion on the field.  I thought he was playing pretty decent. 

Colon has alwys played well, his problem in the past were penalties.  He's only had one this season

Archived