Willie Colon to the IR, Season Done

CrazyCarl40

Milliner needs to "get off the pot" also, he's been out with a wrist injury.  Therefore he should be

full go in terms of his knowledge of the defense, speed and coverage ability.  Unlike last year

with his ankle injury when Ryan threw him out there against GB

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Milliner needs to "get off the pot" also, he's been out with a wrist injury.  Therefore he should be

full go in terms of his knowledge of the defense, speed and coverage ability.  Unlike last year

with his ankle injury when Ryan threw him out there against GB

Agree. It's almost as if they wanted to RedShirt #27 and let him LEARN the position and (I guess) its other aspects. a Wrist injury for a CB doesn't SEEM as if it would be material, but he has NO excuse to "mentally" blow an assignment at this stage of his career. He's had THE MOST time compared to other players to sit & learn . . . year (benched in '13) after year (injured IR in '14), after year (injured 1st 1/2 of '15)

Milliner has the best chance to be a shut down corner on our team.  If he's healthy,  give him a shot.  

People thought calvin pryor was a bust and wanted all sorts of jags to take his job, now he looks like an essential part of this defense. Millner may just be a bust but I'm willing to give him a shot.  It's not like cro has been great, and our secondary gave up a ton of yards after cro went down.  

Agree. It's almost as if they wanted to RedShirt #27 and let him LEARN the position and (I guess) its other aspects. a Wrist injury for a CB doesn't SEEM as if it would be material, but he has NO excuse to "mentally" blow an assignment at this stage of his career. He's had THE MOST time compared to other players to sit & learn . . . year (benched in '13) after year (injured IR in '14), after year (injured 1st 1/2 of '15)

Agree.

As early as he was picked, he has to produce this year.  The team really needs him to step up.  

On the glass half full side of the ledger, Fitz does get rid of the ball quickly so Winters shouldn't been too much of a deficit in the passing game.  On the glass half empty side, even with Colon in there I didn't have much confidence in our running game v.s the Bill because their run D is pretty darn good.  Winters is a definite downgrade here but overall the game plan probably doesn't change much.    

Milliner has the best chance to be a shut down corner on our team.  If he's healthy,  give him a shot.  

People thought calvin pryor was a bust and wanted all sorts of jags to take his job, now he looks like an essential part of this defense. Millner may just be a bust but I'm willing to give him a shot.  It's not like cro has been great, and our secondary gave up a ton of yards after cro went down.  

Milliner has a chance to be a shut down corner based on what? Certainly not his NFL body of work. He has shown brief glimspes of being a solid player between season ending injuries. I hold out a glimmer of hope he could be useful, but shut down or #2 corner? I don't see it.

Jacksonville had 3 or 4 drives after Cro went down. They went FG, Fumble, TD, INT. And the TD drive was three plays where Buster Skrine was abused. His injuries are impacting his play, that much is obvious. The Jets will be fine without Cro. Skrine probably won't be fully healthy until the offseason.

Time to scour a practice squad for a decent OL or any free agents on the street 

You always say this no matter the position. Let's check out the free agents or the practice squads for players to step in right away and help the Jets.

If those players existed they wouldn't be on practice squads or on the street.

Milliner has a chance to be a shut down corner based on what? Certainly not his NFL body of work. He has shown brief glimspes of being a solid player between season ending injuries. I hold out a glimmer of hope he could be useful, but shut down or #2 corner? I don't see it.

Jacksonville had 3 or 4 drives after Cro went down. They went FG, Fumble, TD, INT. And the TD drive was three plays where Buster Skrine was abused. His injuries are impacting his play, that much is obvious. The Jets will be fine without Cro. Skrine probably won't be fully healthy until the offseason.

I will take Overrated Lady Dame teams for $500 Alex

Based on how he played at the end of his rookie year and his play in college and how most scouts viewed him. Like I said, he has a CHANCE to be a shutdown corner, he can also be average or a complete bust. Not sure why a true Jets fan would just assume he can't be a shutdown corner after his rookie year? Last year we had ZERO secondary and he was knocked out very early in the season. 

I had these same arguments with many posters about Pryor. Everyone wanted Pryor to be Ronnie Lott in year 1 so they all screamed BUST, now 99pct of Jets fans would love to have him available this week. Milliner could develop on a similar path. 

If he is forced into action this week and doesn't play great, many of you guys will say "see he sucks" despite this being his first game action since October of last year. 

Based on how he played at the end of his rookie year and his play in college and how most scouts viewed him. Like I said, he has a CHANCE to be a shutdown corner, he can also be average or a complete bust. Not sure why a true Jets fan would just assume he can't be a shutdown corner after his rookie year? Last year we had ZERO secondary and he was knocked out very early in the season. 

I had these same arguments with many posters about Pryor. Everyone wanted Pryor to be Ronnie Lott in year 1 so they all screamed BUST, now 99pct of Jets fans would love to have him available this week. Milliner could develop on a similar path. 

If he is forced into action this week and doesn't play great, many of you guys will say "see he sucks" despite this being his first game action since October of last year. 

His rookie year was two years and two major injuries ago. I saw nothing in any game he played that says shut down corner. Could he take the path of Calvin Pryor and be better under Bowles than he was under Rex? Sure, but if the coaching staff had an inkling that he'd take that route, he would have been active a lot sooner and they would have talked him up as so. Most it was "We'll see if we can find room." That doesn't exactly exude confidence from the coaches. 

And if Dee Milliner is pressed into service this weekend aside from special teams, they're in a lot more trouble than heading into the game. 

His rookie year was two years and two major injuries ago. I saw nothing in any game he played that says shut down corner. Could he take the path of Calvin Pryor and be better under Bowles than he was under Rex? Sure, but if the coaching staff had an inkling that he'd take that route, he would have been active a lot sooner and they would have talked him up as so. Most it was "We'll see if we can find room." That doesn't exactly exude confidence from the coaches. 

And if Dee Milliner is pressed into service this weekend aside from special teams, they're in a lot more trouble than heading into the game. 

why the hate ?  your boy was either not getting in the game or getting 10 reps.  milliner isn't taking anything away from him

why the hate ?  your boy was either not getting in the game or getting 10 reps.  milliner isn't taking anything away from him

I'm not sure what one has to do with the other. I just want the Jets to play the best players to win games. I don't think that's Milliner, no matter where he was drafted. 

You have major agendas mon  RTR

Much sooner?  What the **** is much sooner?  He was not eligible for the first 8 weeks.  Supposedly they could have activated him last week.  I'm not even sure that I believe that since when the designated him they said he had to miss the first 8 games.  It's not like he has been sitting for ages waiting to come back.  Tell me exactly who Bowles has talked up. 

Much sooner?  What the **** is much sooner?  He was not eligible for the first 8 weeks.  Supposedly they could have activated him last week.  I'm not even sure that I believe that since when the designated him they said he had to miss the first 8 games.  It's not like he has been sitting for ages waiting to come back.  Tell me exactly who Bowles has talked up. 

He was eligible last week. They waited until the last literal day they could before activating him. 

Bowles has talked up at various times a lot of people like Marcus Williams. 

He was eligible last week. They waited until the last literal day they could before activating him. 

Bowles has talked up at various times a lot of people like Marcus Williams. 

That means they left him on for one extra week.  There is/was no value added by activating him before the last day (unless they wanted him to play last week).  He was already practicing with the team, so waiting is just par for the course.  I have not heard Bowles gushing about anybody including Marcus Williams, but maybe I missed that article.  The most I have heard is that people "did a nice job" or "made some nice plays."  .

That means they left him on for one extra week.  There is/was no value added by activating him before the last day (unless they wanted him to play last week).  He was already practicing with the team, so waiting is just par for the course.  I have not heard Bowles gushing about anybody including Marcus Williams, but maybe I missed that article.  The most I have heard is that people "did a nice job" or "made some nice plays."  .

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/jets-second-year-cornerback-marcus-williams-making-positive-impression-on-todd-bowles-1.10757490

"Marcus is very intelligent. He does some great things. He plays zone as well as man. He's an inside and an outside guy. Very heady for a second-year guy. So he's done some good things. I like everything Marcus is doing."

Archived