### Jets \ Bills --- The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

This is eerily reminiscent of the Chad Era, where the QB is a few clicks short of being good, but is still ok enough to not embarrass you most weeks. But when the big throws have to be made, the guy throwing it simply doesn't have the ability to do so. With the running game in the tank, and teams not conceding the play-action anymore, Bowles has to really consider what the threshold is to get Bryce Petty some game action. Chasing after the last playoff spot is going to be pretty counterproductive if it means we're simply going to ride Ivory and Fitzpatrick--neither of whom will likely be here next year. In a few weeks, of we're still clinging to .500, some decisions have to be made.

This is a team full of Mush's. They're losers, I'd rather not drag Petty into it this year if we believe he has any long term potential. The Jets beat themselves tonight

Edited by SayNoToDMC

No, I meant you were booing the Jets after the touchdown because of your stated Bills fandom now. But you didn't get the joke because you're a cotten-headed-ninnymuggins.

I feel terrible right now. The only people that feel worse than me are those who foolishly believe that Rex is a bad coach.

Going for it was perfectly fine- aggressive is good. The problem is Gaileys a dinosaur..the calls were atrocious. Had 2nd and 3 from the 5 and couldn't do it.

also, the draft picks...my god. Useless all around

I don't think that play where the QB flips it out to the WR behind the LOS has worked since Jerry Rice was a 49er.

• Upvote 1

Going for it was perfectly fine- aggressive is good. The problem is Gaileys a dinosaur..the calls were atrocious. Had 2nd and 3 from the 5 and couldn't do it.

also, the draft picks...my god. Useless all around

Then going for it is not fine. Bowles is Gailey's boss. If he's going to call a pass 4 yards in front of the sticks on 4th and 2 then kick the FG.

And I don't like the call anyway. It's not like Fitzpatrick - or the receivers - were having great games today, and Buffalo has a good defense.

At best it would have been lucky, not smart, to go for it and convert.

This is eerily reminiscent of the Chad Era, where the QB is a few clicks short of being good, but is still ok enough to not embarrass you most weeks. But when the big throws have to be made, the guy throwing it simply doesn't have the ability to do so. With the running game in the tank, and teams not conceding the play-action anymore, Bowles has to really consider what the threshold is to get Bryce Petty some game action. Chasing after the last playoff spot is going to be pretty counterproductive if it means we're simply going to ride Ivory and Fitzpatrick--neither of whom will likely be here next year. In a few weeks, of we're still clinging to .500, some decisions have to be made.

This was so much bigger a problem than just a Chad-like QB.

We were playing at home. We let our ex-coach come in here, with a sh*tty team that played like sh*t, and still beat us. Our defense was stifling. Our offense moved the ball at will, at times. What I saw was offensive playcalling that was dickbrained. Terrible, TERRIBLE, ball security. A lack of urgency. Horrid coaching decisions at 4th down, that left the winning points on the field. And the horrible special teams play that has marred other losses for us.

I hate to say this, but this is not a very well-coached team.

I hate that we put a rookie DC in charge of this defense. Gailey reminds me of Schotty where he'd find something that works, then immediate go away from it because: tricksy. Bobby April is a fraud. Bowles is aloof.

It's going to be another fun 3-4 years of bullsh*t.

Like past Jet failures, when the opportunity to improve our position in the playoff presents itself... and it did tonight, big time... we wet ourselves. The lack of "clutch" or urgency is my biggest disappointment tonight. Could care less right now that it was Rex... 

Edited by Integrity28
  • Upvote 2

Then going for it is not fine. Bowles is Gailey's boss. If he's going to call a pass 4 yards in front of the sticks on 4th and 2 then kick the FG.

And I don't like the call anyway. It's not like Fitzpatrick - or the receivers - were having great games today, and Buffalo has a good defense.

At best it would have been lucky, not smart, to go for it and convert.

if you want to blame Bowles for the calls that's fine. Going for it...especially on the last possession was the right move. The calls were horrible.

We were playing at home. We let our ex-coach come in here, with a sh*tty team that played like sh*t, and still beat us. Our defense was stifling. Our offense moved the ball at will, at times. What I saw was offensive playcalling that was dickbrained. Terrible, TERRIBLE, ball security. A lack of urgency. Horrid coaching decisions at 4th down, that left the winning points on the field. And the horrible special teams play that has marred other losses for us.

I hate that we put a rookie DC in charge of this defense. Gailey reminds me of Schotty where he'd find something that works, then immediate go away from it because: tricksy. Bobby April is a fraud. Bowles is aloof.

So you want the circus back

This is a team full of Mush's. They're losers, I'd rather not drag Petty into it this year if we believe he has any long term potential.

I think the team is a little too mechanical right now, like their coach. Slow starts, this unfounded confidence that they'll make every play down the stretch, and a reliance on the QB to figure it all out by the fourth quarter. 

I'm trying to resist the urge to agree. 

You could look at all the mistakes made...the not kicking the FG's, the horrible fumble..the Decker drop..the Marshall drop...

But 2nd and goal from the 4....You run the ball 7 times....End of discussion...tell them to stop you with Ivory from getting two yards 3 times...then tell them to do it another 4 times.  Yes, he didn't there on the first try but you have two more...to get two yards..

That's on Bowles...

And now we're behind them in the standings, at least until we have the chance to even up the head to head.

Agree with everything in your post. I knew eventually it would happen.

I think the team is a little too mechanical right now, like their coach. Slow starts, this unfounded confidence that they'll make every play down the stretch, and a reliance on the QB to figure it all out by the fourth quarter. 

did Idzik watch tonight's game or did it go past his bedtime?

I agree with everything said here, that I was too drunk to articulate myself

I think the coach is fine, tbh. I just don't think that he thinks the team is very good right now, and he coaches that way. 

You could look at all the mistakes made...the not kicking the FG's, the horrible fumble..the Decker drop..the Marshall drop...

But 2nd and goal from the 4....You run the ball 7 times....End of discussion...tell them to stop you with Ivory from getting two yards 3 times...then tell them to do it another 4 times.  Yes, he didn't there on the first try but you have two more...to get two yards..

That's on Bowles...

THIS!!! how stupid could any coach be not to do this! do they think they have brady behind center?! u have a great rb who was on fire. YOU RUN THE GOD DAMN BALL AND GET THE FIRST DOWN THEN THE TD. This drive infuriated me. 

BS ST cost them the game

ST blunders, Marshall letting a ball go thru his hands for a pick.  Decker drops a 3rd and 2 inside the 10, Davis not turning around in the end zone.  In spite of all those blunders, they kick 2 FG's. they win the game

Edited by flgreen

That's on Bowles...

Letting the 3rd quarter clock run out was another. We're ramming it down their throats. Momentum is shifting. Their defense is getting exhausted. Let's give them a breather & let them regroup while we switch field directions and break for a bunch of commercials. No killer instinct there, which is bizarre for a guy known for aggressive defense (or aggressive blitzing, anyway).