If Williams plays well, does Bowles bench Cro?

AFJF

Bowles gets to sit Cro this week w/o hurting his feelings due to the injury.  If Williams has a strong showing, will Bowles bench the inferior player who  has a history with and helped recruit?

I think Williams would have started over Cro this week even if Cro was able to go...

There's a noticeable gap between the two at this point.

I was anxious to find out but as I said, the injury gave Bowles an "out".  I really hope he plays the best players and uses cro as a back-up CB and KR.

If Williams looks the part as a starter, he keeps the job.  Bowles has Cro for one season, has no big time allegiance to him.  Not even sure he brought him here, just after Revis who was available to man the other side.  But at this point has Williams even been named as Cro's replacement?  Somebody has to man the safety spot, could be Williams at safety.  Hopefully Williams and Dax/Milliner as part of the rotation and Miles gets a shot at redeeming himself at safety 

Is Williams gonna have to play safety again since Bailey and Pryor are out?

Probably in passing downs. Miles will probably play in the early downs because he's a thumper (as long as he takes a good angle). I'd suspect Williams floats to safety in passing situations and Walls comes in to play the outside. That was the alignment when Cro and Bailey went down against the Jags and it worked out well (except for Skrine being torched for a drive).

Bowles gets to sit Cro this week w/o hurting his feelings due to the injury.  If Williams has a strong showing, will Bowles bench the inferior player who  has a history with and helped recruit?

If Williams is playing at CB and not at safety I think he'll be taking over the #1 spot for INT's in the league before this game is over. 

Thats bank. 

IF? Doesn't the kid have like 4 INTs already this season? He SHOULD be starting on performance alone-not name recognition like Cro has been going on all season long. Cromartie has contracted Asomugha disease. It's where a once highly respected and talented NFL cornerback hits the wall and can no longer cover ANYBODY. Antonio is a training camp away from retirement

To me, this makes it easier for the staff to wait till Cro is pretty close if not 100%.  I look at it that way.  Let's get him 100% because our players are dropping like flies and just as he's  100% some one else will be out.  Nice we can go with Revis, williams, Skrine, walls, and Milliner this week.  I like our depth.  I wouldn't rush Cro back.

Archived