Jets player posts about Geno/IK on TMZ...hope it's fake

AFJF

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/11/anonymous_jets_player_claims_geno_smith_lying_abou.html

Just when we all thought we were past the punch courtesy of ex-Jet IK Enemkpali that broke quarterback Geno Smith's jaw, Buffalo Bills head coach Rex Ryan had to go and make Enemkpali a captain for Thursday night's game.

PLUS: Ryan raves about Enemkpali

That led to a whole lot of revisiting the fight, which including Smith saying "the biggest misconception in America" was that he owed Enemkpali money.

A "respected Jets veteran" called out Smith in a post on TMZ. The anonymous Jet witnessed the punch and heard Enemkpali "fuming" before the fight about Smith not showing up for his charity football camp, which was the original reported reason for the melee.

Here's what went down, according to the nameless vet:

"So IK approached Geno about it in the locker room. he was clearly frustrated, and they were yelling at each other. And Geno said he didn't wanna talk about it, and kinda turned around, and that's when IK sucker punched him. Then we were pulling them apart, and then IK was like, 'You owe me money!'"

So why would Smith lie? Says the anonymous player, "Geno just saying that [expletive] 'cause he don't wanna look bad."

Lie?  What is a lie?  'Hey Geno, you didn't make it to my camp and I could use that $600 I spent for the flight'

'No prob man, I'll make it up to you.'

Since we are not privvy to the conversation at the time we have no clue whether it was a lie or misunderstanding.  Inkemplai might have thought Geno was going to pay him back, Geno might have thought he was going to go to camp next year or something else.  We simply do not know,

"So IK approached Geno about it in the locker room. he was clearly frustrated, and they were yelling at each other. And Geno said he didn't wanna talk about it, and kinda turned around, and that's when IK sucker punched him. Then we were pulling them apart, and then IK was like, 'You owe me money!'"

But... but... numerous posters on here affirmed that it WASN'T a sucker punch????

The story is such BS to begin with.  Geno said that he did not owe IK money in response to whether the punch was about money he owed IK.  The veteran says the punch was absolutely about money.  Geno got punched because he felt like he didn't owe IK anything and he felt like Geno did.  Nothing to see here and nothing new since the incident happened.

Archived