Bowles just got outcoached by the worst situational coach in football

jetscrazey

Bowles needed to show faith in his D and kick the field goals.  I know it seemed the wrong thing to do at the time but head coaches need to avoid the hype and know who their opponent is.  Rex even tee'd it up for Bowles by burning all his timeouts but "same old jets" returned as the combination of dropped passes, fumbles, bad coaching decisions, and terrible play calling by Gailey gave this game away.  Jets beat themselves once again.  This was a very un-Parcells like coaching performance by his pupil Bowles.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bowles needed to show faith in his D and kick the field goals.  I know it seemed the wrong thing to do at the time but head coaches need to avoid the hype and know who their opponent is.  Rex even tee'd it up for Bowles by burning all his timeouts but "same old jets" returning as the combination of dropped passes, fumbles, bad coaching decisions, and terrible play calling by Gailey gave this game away.  Jets beat themselves once again.  This was a very un-Parcells like coaching performance by his pupil Bowles.

SO you want the circus back?

SO you want the circus back?

hell no.  Rex did his best to give this game away too.

Just saying that Bowles has a long way to go as a head coach.  Tonight he coached down to his opponent.  Can't do that.  Lots of rookie head coaches struggle and then become great, but the situational coaching must get better.

There is no question that Bowles is still getting a feel for the in game situations.  He has his team playing well at times but often they have brain freezes from missed tackles to odd offensive play calls and poor and I do mean poor ST play.

Have to get better, PERIOD!!!

nah

he was aggressive.  he took chances.  they just didn't work out. 

smith fumbled on his 10 yard line

decker had a drop on a huge 3rd down.

brandon had a big one in the 4th quarter

I think not going to decker at the end was the big mistake.  have davis run a pick for him.  thats on gailey tho, not bowles

hell no.  Rex did his best to give this game away too.

Just saying that Bowles has a long way to go as a head coach.  Tonight he coached down to his opponent.  Can't do that.  Lots of rookie head coaches struggle and then become great, but the situational coaching must get better.

So why are people angry? If they know this, give him some rope

I agree.

The O playcalling was stunningly bad.

Going on every 4th down instead of taking FG's?  

Horrible use of timeouts.

Just bad all round, leave it to the Jets and no-passion Bowles to drop this kind of turn against Rex and let him waltz in and kick our asses.

Fitz is average.  Bills better than average.  Equates to Jets loss.  ...  I've tried to be nice with Fitz supporters  (most of this board) but @uck it...  stop.  Fitz blows.  Start Geno now.  If we lose woth geno at least we can draft someone.  Talk of extending  this mofo is just idi-mother****in-oditc.

yes - even Ryan's leaving the Bills with no timeouts or challenges with 11 minutes on the clock couldn't save Bowles.

His balls shot of going for it on 4th and 4 doesn't redeem him. 

He may not be a very good option here.

If he insists on bringing Cromatrtie back after his "injury" - I'll think about boarding the "get'em outta here" train

I know the Jets signed a lot of free agents in the offseason - but it is still going to take some time. There is no depth on this roster and it will take some time to build it. Add to that most of the young players on this roster are just now getting coaching. I am happy for Rex and dont want to take anything away from him - but the Bills were 9-7 last season. No coach in the league was turning this thing around in one season. The 97 Jets had a lot of talent too - but it takes some time to get everything right.

I know the Jets signed a lot of free agents in the offseason - but it is still going to take some time. There is no depth on this roster and it will take some time to build it. Add to that most of the young players on this roster are just now getting coaching. I am happy for Rex and dont want to take anything away from him - but the Bills were 9-7 last season. No coach in the league was turning this thing around in one season. The 97 Jets had a lot of talent too - but it takes some time to get everything right.

Oh wow A JETS FAN WITH A BRAIN.

I'm far too drunk and angry to start posting and debating right now...because if I start to argue with the idiots who want to can our rookie head coach over one f*cking game I'm gonna get myself banned harder than Green Jets and Ham over at JI.  Tonight f*cking sucked. But an overwhelming amount of you thought we'd split with the Bills (AT best) this year and a hot start later all of a sudden it's like we have the most talent team in the NFL, Bowles is a ten year seasoned vet of a HC that doesn't need to learn jack sh*t, and that our stupid players turning the ball over 4 times had absolutely NOTHING to do with it.  I don't give a flying f*ck what our skill players have done up until this point, they should be absolutely embarrassed of themselves tonight.  Marshall included.

nah

he was aggressive.  he took chances.  they just didn't work out. 

smith fumbled on his 10 yard line

decker had a drop on a huge 3rd down.

brandon had a big one in the 4th quarter

I think not going to decker at the end was the big mistake.  have davis run a pick for him.  thats on gailey tho, not bowles

Thank you for not being a f*cking moron. You give me hope.

This was NOT a "needs time" issue.  This was to a team needing to gel.  Or missing some piece.

We lost because teh O-Co called REALLY bad plays at every moment we needed at least an average playcall.

We lost because Bowles forgot FG's are points too, and two of them we didn't bother to try would have won this game.

We lost because Bowles made horrible use of his timeouts at the end.

We lost because Marshall and Decker, good as they are, were butterhands tonight too many times.

This Bills teams was not better than us at all, anywhere on the field.  We lost because we GAVE them the game, not because we need "time".

Excuse making and happy-homerism "derp, derp, just need patience" will not change a thing, this was a horrific embarassment, letting a hated ex-Coach waltz in with an inferior team and beat our asses.

And some of you seem to think this is Progress?

Holy hell. 

I'm far too drunk and angry to start posting and debating right now...because if I start to argue with the idiots who want to can our rookie head coach over one f*cking game I'm gonna get myself banned harder than Green Jets and Ham over at JI.  Tonight f*cking sucked. But an overwhelming amount of you thought we'd split with the Bills (AT best) this year and a hot start later all of a sudden it's like we have the most talent team in the NFL, Bowles is a ten year seasoned vet of a HC that doesn't need to learn jack sh*t, and that our stupid players turning the ball over 4 times had absolutely NOTHING to do with it.  I don't give a flying f*ck what our skill players have done up until this point, they should be absolutely embarrassed of themselves tonight.  Marshall included.

^This

Jets were beat by an average of 26 point the last three times they played the Bills. If they dont make mistakes the Jets win easily. I think that is decent progress.

This was NOT a "needs time" issue.  This was to a team needing to gel.  Or missing some piece.

We lost because teh O-Co called REALLY bad plays at every moment we needed at least an average playcall.

We lost because Bowles forgot FG's are points too, and two of them we didn't bother to try would have won this game.

We lost because Marshall and Decker, good as they are, were butterhands tonight too many times.

This Bills teams was not better than us at all, anywhere on the field.  We lost because we GAVE them the game, not because we need "time".

Excuse making and happy-homerism "derp, derp, just need patience" will not change a thing, this was a horrific embarassment, letting a hated ex-Coach waltz in with an inferior team and beat our asses.

Holy hell. 

SO you want the circus back. You want to be a laughingstock again in the inner NFL circles

Holy hell. 

Remember when you wrote threads like this about keeping Herm around? I like my judgement on coaches better than yours.

SO you want the circus back. You want to be a laughingstock again in the inner NFL circles

Holy sh*t, are you retarded?

Bowles had a sh*t game.  How does that mean I want "a circus back"?

Holy sh*t, the denial tonight is stunning.

And make no mistake, we ARE a laughstock, at least for tonght.  We're Rex's bitch, and that on Bowles.

Archived