Bowles just got outcoached by the worst situational coach in football

jetscrazey

That's great for you captain hindsight, not a single person worth their opinion agreed with you at the time.

So be it.  It's what I would have done.

I don't blame Bowles.  The D gave up, 13 first downs and what, 13 points?  Not their fault the kickoff or the short field goal.  I don't usually have a problem being aggressive, I just would have kept getting the points.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy sh*t, are you retarded?

Bowles had a sh*t game.  How does that mean I want "a circus back"?

Holy sh*t, the denial tonight is stunning.

And make no mistake, we ARE a laughstock, at least for tonght.  We're Rex's bitch, and that on Bowles.

So you want to dump the new regime. Because you can either be full behind it or against it

Warfish likes quotable coaches like Herm and Rex. He would have fired BB after the 2000 season.

And make no mistake, we ARE a laughstock, at least for tonght.  We're Rex's bitch, and that on Bowles.

You calling anyone retarded is not only a dick move, but hilariously ironic. 

This game is about executing and we didn't...three plays to get three yards and we get stuffed....we need to execute better...coaches can only do so much...they can't play the game....

COACH BOWLES SHOULD HAVE PUT GORILLA GLUE ON THE PLAYERS HANDS SO THAT THEY CATCH, HOLD ON TO, AND TACKLE EVERYTHING. OBVIOUSLY HE NEEDS TO BE FIRED.

Seriously, the fact that we were still in this f*cking game after the players did everything they could possibly do to turn this into a blowout speaks volumes about the two coaches.  One head coach was a play away from letting us snatch away his Super Bowl.  The other coach had his pitiful players fighting to the very last down. Too bad Kellen Davis was probably too busy playing with his d*ck and missed the memo while Bowles ripped into his players at halftime.

I disagree about the FGs.  He finally showed some balls.  The playcalling on said 4th downs stunk.

Sorry...down 12 with 14 minutes left in the game...you kick the FG....there really shouldn't be any question about that.  It wasn't like there was 5 minutes left.

Your D was playing really well...your O had just moved the ball...You HAVE to kick the FG there..

So you want to dump the new regime. Because you can either be full behind it or against it

No, I don't want to dump them. But I can and will be critical of them when they have a horrible night and cost us a game, like they did tonight. And sorry, no, one can support the franchise and be critical of those it employs when warranted.

Warfish likes quotable coaches like Herm and Rex. He would have fired BB after the 2000 season.

I liked Herm back when, aye, but not for his quotes. And Rex, no, especially not for his quoates, and I would never, ever, want that fat **** back. Want to mock, at least be in the ballpark of accurate. I have no idea what you're babbling about on that last front. **** sake, criticism does not = fire them all now.

You calling anyone retarded is not only a dick move, but hilariously ironic.

This might bother me, if I had any idea who you were. Sorry, random forum guy #918227, I'll try harder next time to toe the homer-line and deflect all criticism for all things to Fitz instead.

Sorry...down 12 with 14 minutes left in the game...you kick the FG....there really shouldn't be any question about that.  It wasn't like there was 5 minutes left.

Your D was playing really well...your O had just moved the ball...You HAVE to kick the FG there..

Has anyone given thought to a windy stadium with an extremely sketchy kicker off the street? With all due respect if he trots whatever the hell his name is out there and misses 2-3 kicks we're talking about how stupid he is for leaning on a crappy kicker. If a coach is going to err, please god let it be on the side of aggression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^This

Jets were beat by an average of 26 point the last three times they played the Bills. If they dont make mistakes the Jets win easily. I think that is decent progress.

Wait, what?  So, you're saying the mistakes are okay because they lost a close one?  So because it looked like they were talented enough to win, but didn't because they made mistakes should make us feel good?

Come on...

Has anyone given thought to a windy stadium with an extremely sketchy kicker off the street? With all due respect if he trots whatever the hell his name is out there and misses 2-3 kicks we're talking about how stupid he is for leaning on a crappy kicker. If a coach is going to err, please god let it be on the side of aggression.

I did...but you still kick it...It wasn't a long kick

Bowles needed to show faith in his D and kick the field goals.  I know it seemed the wrong thing to do at the time but head coaches need to avoid the hype and know who their opponent is.  Rex even tee'd it up for Bowles by burning all his timeouts but "same old jets" returned as the combination of dropped passes, fumbles, bad coaching decisions, and terrible play calling by Gailey gave this game away.  Jets beat themselves once again.  This was a very un-Parcells like coaching performance by his pupil Bowles.

Just to be clear, Bowles has been getting outcoached the last 4 weeks. Ultra conservative offensive playcalling n idiotic blitzing with no safety help and getting burned on a continuous basis (save for tonight). 

And Gailey? Well, is there anything positive about him? Who passes at the LoS on 4th down, or throw a fade on 4th? 2nd and 2 with the game online in the redzone and u can't get a first after Bills gave u a gift. You don't deserve to win. Rex won cuz he's still a better coach than Bowles. And he proved it today for all those with green glasses on. 

the kicker was fine.  Play calling blew chunks. 

agreed, the joke is on us... 

So be it.  It's what I would have done.

I don't blame Bowles.  The D gave up, 13 first downs and what, 13 points?  Not their fault the kickoff or the short field goal.  I don't usually have a problem being aggressive, I just would have kept getting the points.

The D also got stupid-lucky Watson didn't get a long TD. No credit goes to the Jets defense on that. It was a bad pass and a mis-timed jump. A more seasoned duo turns that into an easy 6 points.

You should absolutely blame Bowles. He is the HC and the game was poorly coached. So he - not Gailey - is the one who decides to forgo points for 4th down plays with an inconsistent QB throwing to inconsistent receivers. He then does nothing to suggest a different play than - twice - Gailey's playcall for attempts to be made multiple yards in front of the sticks. Also we were ramming it down their throats & shifting momentum to end the 3rd Q right before that incomplete dropped pass to Decker, and it's on Bowles to let them come off the field instead of running another play against a winded defense. It's also obvious they didn't plan for what they were going to do (go for it) if the pass to Decker wasn't completed. This one the announcers got right: they should have had another play ready to go to maybe catch them off guard. Now we can't know what would have happened, but it means he and his OC are not as on top of things as they could (and should) be. Plus it just bothers me that Ivory was running all over a tired, deflated/dejected defense with the tide turning. They needed 2 yards and decided to pass it twice in a row. Dropped passes are part of the risk of passing it, and our WRs - for all their good points - have a history of dropsies. So if you're going to move away from what was working, and it doesn't pan out, then yes you the coach are to blame.

Even special teams - that's part of his domain also as the coaches' coach. And particularly so since specials have been such a disaster this year he should be more involved. The decision to run that out of bounds, or for Stacy to field that last one before halftime, just boneheaded decisions that scream out poor coaching. The one that's not on coaching is the Ivory fumble. 

But hey, he took over a defense that was pretty good last year, added $30M/year worth of DBs to it, and that's better. So don't blame Bowles? C'mon.

No, I don't want to dump them. But I can and will be critical of them when they have a horrible night and cost us a game, like they did tonight. And sorry, no, one can support the franchise and be critical of those it employs when warranted.

I liked Herm back when, aye, but not for his quotes. And Rex, no, especially not for his quoates, and I would never, ever, want that fat **** back. Want to mock, at least be in the ballpark of accurate. I have no idea what you're babbling about on that last front. **** sake, criticism does not = fire them all now.

This might bother me, if I had any idea who you were. Sorry, random forum guy #918227, I'll try harder next time to toe the homer-line and deflect all criticism for all things to Fitz instead.

Lmfao like I care whether or not you know who I am.  Doesn't change the fact that what I said was true.  I've seen all your stupid ramblings going back to JI and that's why you calling anyone "retarded" (still a dick move) is ironic.

This a sports football forum.  There isn't a "forum celebrity" list and you aren't apart of some special clique of people. 

"
This might bother me, if I had any idea who you were.  Sorry, random forum guy #918227" 

Seriously?  How sad is your life?  You're just a random forum guy too buddy.  You aren't anyone special.

I disagree about the FGs.  He finally showed some balls.  The playcalling on said 4th downs stunk.

Bowles coached with his heart and lost.

Decker needed to catch that 3rd and 2 pass.

And Fitz needed to run on the last series.

We ready for Geno yet?  Or still perhaps hang around beating low/mediocre teams while losing to average/good teams?  All season long I've seen plenty of support for Fitz.  Fans n media alike.  Not sure why though.  Dude is... eh.  Let it go already.

We ready for Geno yet?  Or still perhaps hang around beating low/mediocre teams while losing to average/good teams?  All season long I've seen plenty of support for Fitz.  Fans n media alike.  Not sure why though.  Dude is... eh.  Let it go already.

Wait... I haven't checked the stats yet.  Maybe they say Fitz was great.

I'm far too drunk and angry to start posting and debating right now...because if I start to argue with the idiots who want to can our rookie head coach over one f*cking game I'm gonna get myself banned harder than Green Jets and Ham over at JI.  Tonight f*cking sucked. But an overwhelming amount of you thought we'd split with the Bills (AT best) this year and a hot start later all of a sudden it's like we have the most talent team in the NFL, Bowles is a ten year seasoned vet of a HC that doesn't need to learn jack sh*t, and that our stupid players turning the ball over 4 times had absolutely NOTHING to do with it.  I don't give a flying f*ck what our skill players have done up until this point, they should be absolutely embarrassed of themselves tonight.  Marshall included.

You had me at "Im far too drunk and angry".   :D

Rex is a good coach.

Shows you what he had to deal with when people are calling for our first year head coach to be fired after 9 games, with a winning record. Jesus.

He's going to make mistakes, but I don't blame Bowles for the fumble on the kickoff or the Fitz/Marshall pick and they were the killers.

Why does everyone keep bringing up turnovers and drops, etc....It's football!!! These things happen in every single nfl game... Jets had a chance to win tonight!! Good coaches find ways to win this game even with all the negative plays...We got completely outcoached tonight and anyone saying other wise is a blind homer..

Fitz is average.  Bills better than average.  Equates to Jets loss.  ...  I've tried to be nice with Fitz supporters  (most of this board) but @uck it...  stop.  Fitz blows.  Start Geno now.  If we lose woth geno at least we can draft someone.  Talk of extending  this mofo is just idi-mother****in-oditc.

I will give you that Fitz is average. Geno is one of the worst QBs in the NFL. The first INT Marshall dropped. And the second one who cares they weren't going 65 yards in under 30 seconds. Our WR's all made huge errors. I'm tired of Marshall dropping passes. He is not anywhere near a beast anymore. I see why the Bears gave him away.

Bowles needed to show faith in his D and kick the field goals.  I know it seemed the wrong thing to do at the time but head coaches need to avoid the hype and know who their opponent is.  Rex even tee'd it up for Bowles by burning all his timeouts but "same old jets" returned as the combination of dropped passes, fumbles, bad coaching decisions, and terrible play calling by Gailey gave this game away.  Jets beat themselves once again.  This was a very un-Parcells like coaching performance by his pupil Bowles.

Rex also coached pretty poorly, thawing his challenges away early and his second half timeouts almost immediately.  comedy of errors.  I think Gailey was the star.

nah

he was aggressive.  he took chances.  they just didn't work out. 

smith fumbled on his 10 yard line

decker had a drop on a huge 3rd down.

brandon had a big one in the 4th quarter

I think not going to decker at the end was the big mistake.  have davis run a pick for him.  thats on gailey tho, not bowles

I know you can talk about FGs.  And technically you would be correct.  But a good play call in any of these situations and we also probably win. Gailey called rotten plays. BB goes for it on 4th down a lot but they call good plays, not timid wideout screens.  I never run it on short yardage against Rex.  One thing his D always did well here was to stop short yardage runs.The second and 2 after the Ivory 8 yard run down on the goal seemed like a no brainer---- I knew they would run there and I knew that it would not work.  If someone as dumb as me knows this about Rex's D, you would think Gailey did.  Also, Fitz can move, yet inside the 5 all they called for him was drop back.  Rex's D was ripe to be taken and we kept wasting downs running up into them, or throwing wide receiver screens behind the line or crossing patterns short of the first down marker.  Duh?

The thing that actually bothered me was that after 3+ quarters of him on sideline without emotion he was fist pumping when the punter muffed the snap.  That wasn't a great play by the Jets or anything.  It was just dumb luck and before that, despite countless shots of him in his pink pom-pom hat, he never seemed to be talking or having any expression whatsoever.  Then all of a sudden he is fist pumping like they won.  It seemed way out of character.

Lmfao like I care whether or not you know who I am.  Doesn't change the fact that what I said was true.  I've seen all your stupid ramblings going back to JI and that's why you calling anyone "retarded" (still a dick move) is ironic.
This a sports football forum.  There isn't a "forum celebrity" list and you aren't apart of some special clique of people. 

"
This might bother me, if I had any idea who you were.  Sorry, random forum guy #918227" 

Seriously?  How sad is your life?  You're just a random forum guy too buddy.  You aren't anyone special.

I am special!  My Mommy told me so!

Archived