We're still in decent shape

drsamuel84

Our remaning schedule is not that tough.  I actually think we match up well against the Giants with their one dimensional offense and we should beat the Titan and Texans.  Dolphins are always tricky and we always find a way to split with them so that's a big game.  Cowboys will be so far out of it by the time we play them they may sit Romo.  We can win the next 5 in a row and then we're in great shape.  Take these 10 days get Marshall, Pryor, Decker and Ivory healthy and let's go!!!  This Bills game was always going to be tough with a short week and all our injuries and we still should've won.  I think we're still a good team and this 10 day break couldn't come at a better time.

jets_sched.PNG

Our remaning schedule is not that tough.  I actually think we match up well against the Giants with their one dimensional offense and we should beat the Titan and Texans.  Dolphins are always tricky and we always find a way to split with them so that's a big game.  Cowboys will be so far out of it by the time we play them they may sit Romo.  We can win the next 5 in a row and then we're in great shape.  Take these 10 days get Marshall, Pryor, Decker and Ivory healthy and let's go!!!  This Bills game was always going to be tough with a short week and all our injuries and we still should've won.  I think we're still a good team and this 10 day break couldn't come at a better time.

jets_sched.PNG

Good? Depends on what you mean by good. A 500 team at best maybe.

We barely beat the jags. there is not 1 team left on that schedule that i would mark as a win. We are a pitiful team and never win meaningful games. I cant remember the last meaningful game we won. (Beating the pats to get to afc?) i feel like its rinse wash and repeat with this team. Its the same torture they put us through year after year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just think this team is a better than they've played.  To put it in perspective we had New England followed by a good Raider team in Oakland followed by a Jax win and then Rex's Super Bowl on short rest with a big part of our core beat up and either not playing or playing hurt.  I realize every team has injuries but I really do believe we caught the Bills at the worst time.  They were getting healthy with Watkins and Mccoy back and we were beat up.  Let's see how this team comes out next week after a nice 10 day break to heal.. Let's get Pryor back, Mangold healthy, Decker gets to rest his knee, Ivory rests his hammy, Marshal gets better.  I mean we don't just have injuries we have key players playing hurt.  I'm really thinking positive down the stretch run

We barely beat the jags. there is not 1 team left on that schedule that i would mark as a win. We are a pitiful team and never win meaningful games. I cant remember the last meaningful game we won. (Beating the pats to get to afc?) i feel like its rinse wash and repeat with this team. Its the same torture they put us through year after year.

We are a rebuilding team in Year 1 of a brand new regime.  We were playing surprisingly well for the talent we have and then our razor-thin roster took some key hits causing the scales to swing the other way.  Anyone who thought playoffs or Super Bowl this offseason is certifiable.

The Jets are better than the Bills and would have beaten them if not for some lousy offensive playcalls, some poor fourth down decisions, and a bad kick return.  One play here or there and we'd be talking about how we are 6-3 and world beaters, amazing comeback win, gutsy play, and all the rest.

Bad loss, but we're still capable of getting into the playoffs if we get healthy and learn when to pass on a 4th down conversion and kick field goals.

SAR I

The Giants are garbage. 

Let's also be honest.  Rex just won his Super Bowl they'll go 2-5 the remainder of the year.

Amazing post and likely to be prophetic. One thing is for certain Bills will get walloped next week against the Pats. Like a 45-6 embarrassment.

Costly loss, will be tough to beat Bills in buffalo at end of season. Looks like only way to grab the wildcard is if we just win more games because we will not beat a tie breaker between Oak or Buff. No games on our schedule are "gimmes" despite what some people might believe/say. Near loss to Jags proves that. 

I gotta be honest, I didn't really expect us to win today. Mostly because we were so banged up and the bills were all healthy. At the same time, I didn't realize how important this game was in terms of playoff picture. This sucks

Costly loss, will be tough to beat Bills in buffalo at end of season. Looks like only way to grab the wildcard is if we just win more games because we will not beat a tie breaker between Oak or Buff. No games on our schedule are "gimmes" despite what some people might believe/say. Near loss to Jags proves that. 

I gotta be honest, I didn't really expect us to win today. Mostly because we were so banged up and the bills were all healthy. At the same time, I didn't realize how important this game was in terms of playoff picture. This sucks

We made a ton of mistakes today, and had a very injured team. If we get a little healthy by week 17 we own them. McCoy is the only weapon they have. 

We are a rebuilding team in Year 1 of a brand new regime.  We were playing surprisingly well for the talent we have and then our razor-thin roster took some key hits causing the scales to swing the other way.  Anyone who thought playoffs or Super Bowl this offseason is certifiable.

The Jets are better than the Bills and would have beaten them if not for some lousy offensive playcalls, some poor fourth down decisions, and a bad kick return.  One play here or there and we'd be talking about how we are 6-3 and world beaters, amazing comeback win, gutsy play, and all the rest.

Bad loss, but we're still capable of getting into the playoffs if we get healthy and learn when to pass on a 4th down conversion and kick field goals.

SAR I

I agree with all u are saying, its just so beyond frustrating dealing with the same thing over and over. Next years excuse will be if we start Petty. "Its his first year as starting qb need to give him a break". Thats fine and all but the team this regime built is "to win now" revis is getting older, marshall is getting older, mangold is getting older. Before we get a any decent qb to hold the fort our prime players will be on the way out. THIS is why i believe we need to trade for a big qb next year like brees. The team is in win now mode. We have an aging roster. Dont get me wrong i loved getting revis and marshall etc, but how long u think were gona have them in their prime for? By time we find "our qb" they will be long gone. So far its been 47 years and counting.

We made a ton of mistakes today, and had a very injured team. If we get a little healthy by week 17 we own them. McCoy is the only weapon they have. 

Wilson stadium (is that it?) is tough to play in man, a lot of our advantage from tonight goes out the window. The whole injuries thought is interesting though. I really thought because we were so banged up that we would be at a disadvantage tonight. But aside from Colon who will be out for rest of season, and maybe Marshall playing 75%...the other players played really well. I think Marcus Williams played better than Cro would have. Also, I thought Rontez Miles was a big area of concern before the game but he really showed up big time today in a way I think Pryor would have. So really, I thought we would lose tonight because of our injuries but really we lost because of poor play calling and of course Devin Smiths stupid fumble. 

Wilson stadium (is that it?) is tough to play in man, a lot of our advantage from tonight goes out the window. The whole injuries thought is interesting though. I really thought because we were so banged up that we would be at a disadvantage tonight. But aside from Colon who will be out for rest of season, and maybe Marshall playing 75%...the other players played really well. I think Marcus Williams played better than Cro would have. Also, I thought Rontez Miles was a big area of concern before the game but he really showed up big time today in a way I think Pryor would have. So really, I thought we would lose tonight because of our injuries but really we lost because of poor play calling and of course Devin Smiths stupid fumble. 

Any road game is tough, but Rex and that Bills team doesn't scare me in their house. Injuries crippled us. No safety to speak of.. Bailey and Pryor, Powell RB, Milliner will be ready to go, Cro will be back. I hate Williams. He blew some coverages and can't tackle for sh*t. He is a downgrade over Cro. Pryor has shown up this season. He is a big upgrade over Miles. We made a ton of mistakes and came out completely flat. I can't see us having this type of performance against the Bills again. I look forward to the rematch.

Double our win total from last year.

Yet we have the worst coaches / players in the league, depending on what you read this morning. 

Understood.  mediocrity is what we are all about.  Not bad enough to get a QB in the draft...and  SOJ.

Im actually pretty OK.  We played fairly  well with a banged up team. Made HUGE mistakes.  The game could have and should have been won.

I agree with all u are saying, its just so beyond frustrating dealing with the same thing over and over. Next years excuse will be if we start Petty. "Its his first year as starting qb need to give him a break". Thats fine and all but the team this regime built is "to win now" revis is getting older, marshall is getting older, mangold is getting older. Before we get a any decent qb to hold the fort our prime players will be on the way out. THIS is why i believe we need to trade for a big qb next year like brees. The team is in win now mode. We have an aging roster. Dont get me wrong i loved getting revis and marshall etc, but how long u think were gona have them in their prime for? By time we find "our qb" they will be long gone. So far its been 47 years and counting.

Because the fanbase wont accept rebuilding. That's your fault.

You need to start thinking of the Jets as the Mets and not the Yankees.

We have a rookie GM and a rookie HC and they have pieced together a decent team, something capable of 10 wins atop a 4 win disaster and for that they are to be commended.  But by no means have they announced that this years team is "the" team that's going to be a consistent winner.  That doesn't happen until Maccagnan has a few drafts, Bowles gets through the growing pains, etc.

It's premature to be disappointed with this club.  Like Mets fans who were rewarded with a multi-year rebuild and are now set up for a decade of success, we Jets fans need to re-think expectations.

SAR I

We have a rookie GM and a rookie HC and they have pieced together a decent team, something capable of 10 wins atop a 4 win disaster and for that they are to be commended.  But by no means have they announced that this years team is "the" team that's going to be a consistent winner.  That doesn't happen until Maccagnan has a few drafts, Bowles gets through the growing pains, etc.

It's premature to be disappointed with this club.  Like Mets fans who were rewarded with a multi-year rebuild and are now set up for a decade of success, we Jets fans need to re-think expectations.

SAR I

Until we trade away our pitching and don't add any significant hitting?

So ur telling me with all the aging veterans we are a "rebuilding team"?

Absolutely.

Think of it this way:  If Maccagnan wasn't able to bring in a good vet like Fitzpatrick and if Geno were our QB, we'd be 3-6 right now headed towards a 7-9 season.  And we'd say it was decent progress and things were looking up and we have the right front office for the long haul.

It may not feel like it today, but you're actually punishing Maccagnan for doing too good of a job with the Band-Aids and winning too many games too early in the season.  Fitzpatrick is the reason our record exceeds our talent level.  Take him off the team, take that lucky break away, we're a .500 club at best.  It's nice that we have a shot at 10-6 because of the QB, but it's not anything more than luck that it happened.

SAR I

So it'll be 50/50 vs the gwomen?  

Actually I'd guess 60/40 giants.  QB is too important in this leage and the giants have one. 

If Cruz and Beckham are healthy they'll hang 35 points on the defense of last night. Grant you the Jints' defense is awful, but our OC would rather run Ivory 24 times for 28 yards than actually attempt a real NFL passing attack. 

Absolutely.

Think of it this way:  If Maccagnan wasn't able to bring in a good vet like Fitzpatrick and if Geno were our QB, we'd be 3-6 right now headed towards a 7-9 season.  And we'd say it was decent progress and things were looking up and we have the right front office for the long haul.

It may not feel like it today, but you're actually punishing Maccagnan for doing too good of a job with the Band-Aids and winning too many games too early in the season.  Fitzpatrick is the reason our record exceeds our talent level.  Take him off the team, take that lucky break away, we're a .500 club at best.  It's nice that we have a shot at 10-6 because of the QB, but it's not anything more than luck that it happened.

SAR I

Fitzpatrick sucks do you watch the games when you go or what?  He plays bad in person TV does him good. 

SAR I

Agreed- and you were correct last night as well, they just didn't finish.

Archived