Licking my wounds this morning

Jetster

Agreed, but Marshall's and Decker's drops were far worse than anything Fitz did, they get more blame.

BS. Fitz should know better than to throw it to a receiver that far behind the line, regardless if that was the play called. He's got to be able to audible out of that horrible play. 

Fitz needs to work on his accuracy, with a number of overthrown balls last night.

Marshall needs to just catch the Damned ball!!!

and, personally, I feel they should put Kerley to more use. He's a good player & underutilized.

No way they should have lost yesterday! Mufded snap on the punt puts them at the 13 & come away with nothing!! Who the Hell was calling those plays!

Oh well. On to next week.

sh*tzpatrick has never had accuracy throughout his entire career. 

BS. Fitz should know better than to throw it to a receiver that far behind the line, regardless if that was the play called. He's got to be able to audible out of that horrible play. 

Marshall had the ball go thru his hands again resulting in INT and Decker dropped the first 4th down attempt...worse than Fitz...Fitz still had a shlt game but those guys were worse

That's because they went against 'the book' which says never leave points on the field. The FG would have made it a two point game and the way the D had been playing I know the Jets would soon be lining up the GAME WINNING FG attempt. Bowles has got to get better at clock and game management quickly. I can't believe how bad he is at it. I thought Herm Edwards was the worst I ever saw, but Bowles tops him. Fitzpatrick outsmarted himself which is what happens to Jets QB's who think they are so smart they can change plays.

I'm not killing Bowles for it. I liked it given the situation. You just signed some random kicker off the street, the wind was picking up late in the game, and you have already held the Bills the entire 4th quarter, somethings gotta give. If they do get the ball back you're probably setting the kicker up for a long game winner too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were lots of small bad issues in the game and lots of small good moves during the game but you can really count out maybe four or five that can be looked at as independent plays that cost us the game.

The top of that list is Devin Smith's stupid ass fumble because it let the Bills put up a TD. That by itself changed the whole game.

A close second is the terrible TD play where Kellen Davis was clueless to the ball. Blame whoever you want for screwing the routes but Davis should have turned around earlier to catch the ball. Easily a TD there.

From there you can pick out the Marshall and Decker drops at key points.

You can add up the decisions not to go for FGs, bad offensive playcalling, bad secondary tackles, etc. as contributing factors but as far as I am concerned the team did enough to overcome minus these handful of player **** ups that should not have occurred. There is a long list of things I want to see improve from this week but this game was not a terrible performance on every level.

On a different note, it sure did not help us that the refs were hooking up Taylor with extra time to get the snap off. There was the one delay of game called because Richardson pointed to the clock but there were several plays prior to that where the snap came on a long zero on the clock. Calling some of those penalties might have cut off a first down or two and left Buffalo at sixteen points or less.

I was and still am as upset at this team as I have been in a while.

And it is not all about this actual team, it's coaches and "all that stuff" like the Blowhard would say.

What has me bummed is I realized that I am really really tired of the way the Jets play football. We have essentially been a defensive oriented, ultra conservative on offense mediocre team with a defensive head coach allergic to offense, and a stream of truly crappy QBs INCLUDING post injury Chad, and the POS we have now with that dumb beard.. I mean 15 years of seeing exactly the same team, with pretty much exactly the same head coach (just with different personalities) is just really really fuucking old. The NFL has completely passed up the philosophical orientation of this team. 

Combine that with the fact we are REALLY old, and even slower than that, and when you look at our roster you realize the cupboards are empty and we are going to be rebuilding and retooling, while sucking for at least the next 3 or 4 years.

Which will lead to the firing of Bowles and the hiring of a new DC that thinks defense and running every 1st and 2nd down is the secret to the universe, but this time I think we are due for a strict disciplinarian type, after we have weeks of "hire Gruden" and "hire Cowher" threads.

Liking this team is self flagellation of the highest order.

that would be relevant if the team wasn't in the division with the greatest quarterback/cheater of all time. 

jets fans love to look at the jets and talk about what players the team could change to get better. We don't like to look around at the rest of the league. neither team last night can run with the Pats, so what are we talking about here? the right to go 9-7 and lose in the wild card? whoop dee doo. 

Any team that makes the playoffs this year has a chance to go to the Super Bowl.    There are no dominant teams out there( even teams undefeated have holes- not much separate them from teams in second tier).     Every team fan base should be rooting hard for their team to make the playoffs.( have as good a chance as ever to do something)

A team gets hot and gets the right matchups in the playoffs and anything possible especially this year.  For example-    As a Raider fan if they were to make the playoffs , I would love a chance to play the Patriots.        I think they match up great to them, and not so well to other teams they might see.  

That's because they went against 'the book' which says never leave points on the field. The FG would have made it a two point game and the way the D had been playing I know the Jets would soon be lining up the GAME WINNING FG attempt. Bowles has got to get better at clock and game management quickly. I can't believe how bad he is at it. I thought Herm Edwards was the worst I ever saw, but Bowles tops him. Fitzpatrick outsmarted himself which is what happens to Jets QB's who think they are so smart they can change plays.

Agree, I understand he could have been worried about the new kicker, but usually you need a great offense (and a QB) to go for it on that many 4th downs, they made a couple but it was too much to ask 

I think this team can beat anyone if they can get healthy and reduce the mistakes - gave two games away this year with Philly and the Jills, thankfully the Jags gave us 1 back or the season would be over already

I was and still am as upset at this team as I have been in a while.

And it is not all about this actual team, it's coaches and "all that stuff" like the Blowhard would say.

What has me bummed is I realized that I am really really tired of the way the Jets play football. We have essentially been a defensive oriented, ultra conservative on offense mediocre team with a defensive head coach allergic to offense, and a stream of truly crappy QBs INCLUDING post injury Chad, and the POS we have now with that dumb beard.. I mean 15 years of seeing exactly the same team, with pretty much exactly the same head coach (just with different personalities) is just really really fuucking old. The NFL has completely passed up the philosophical orientation of this team. 

Combine that with the fact we are REALLY old, and even slower than that, and when you look at our roster you realize the cupboards are empty and we are going to be rebuilding and retooling, while sucking for at least the next 3 or 4 years.

Which will lead to the firing of Bowles and the hiring of a new DC that thinks defense and running every 1st and 2nd down is the secret to the universe, but this time I think we are due for a strict disciplinarian type, after we have weeks of "hire Gruden" and "hire Cowher" threads.

Liking this team is self flagellation of the highest order.

I call the POS with the dumb beard sh*tZPATRICK 

Archived