Our QB is limited... Best we have, but limited...

aec4

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in the exact same camp. Fitz's ceiling is higher than I thought. He isn't perfect but they have a lot of other problems to fix first.

what is Fitz's ceiling? Im assuming 8-8, we may catch a break and get to 9-7. Considering the last time fitz beat a team with a winning record was in 2011, the next two games are absolutely must-win

I mean, besides the fact that he is required to be available for interviews, he doesn't have to answer any of the questions asked of him. That said, he handled it very poorly.

No the media needs to STOP with the bullsh*t,did you see how Dez Bryant tore the guy from ESPN a new ass. 

It was probably hard for you to see the game while you were holding your Geno dolls in front of you, I understand.

right because fitz throws several INT's last night I must not have been watching the game . Keep making excuses for your precious fitzy and I'll keep laughing at you clowns. Get ready for a long winter 

Im downloading the game now. I have to say, after reading through all of these quotes (thought having not seen the game yet) it seems like alot of people bringing up valid points regarding Fitz being very limited, though discrediting themselves by for some reason having to reinforce this notion of "but he's the best we have". 

I am not interested in bashing or presenting unnecessary QB comparisons. What I will say is this...Fitzpatrick's career shows exactly what we're seeing right now. Steve Young said it best, "The real season starts in October. Thats when you'll begin to see the separation of the legit teams and the frauds". The Jets are 3-3 since the month of October, putting Fitz at 3-2 (To be fair I wont put that Oakland loss on him). 

Some have said that Fitz has been terrible his entire career because he's been with sh*tty teams. I'll even grant that statement, however, the Jets have been mediocre since October (Since game tape has been established), and not just by their record, im talking about mediocre play overall which does include Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Fitz has yet to register one 300 yard performance and has yet to throw 3 TD's in a game, yet he averages 35 pass attempts per game. He's not limited like a Tyrod Taylor. This is a guy who's had weekly reps with the 1's for months now going all the way back to preseason. Geno came into that Oakland game and was able to put up Fitzpatrick'ish stats (265 yards 2TD's 1INT 66% Comp) while coming into the game cold and with virtually no reps with the 1's. That should say something, if even a little bit, on Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

The Jets at 5-4 isnt the end of the world. Losing 2 of our 3 games to a division rival and conference team is a bit concerning. We must acknowledge something, we need to acknowledge that Fitz is good enough to keep us outside of the top 10 draft spot and historically bad enough to keep us out of the playoffs. 

Whoever thinks Fitz is better or worse than Geno isnt really the point right now. at this pace we're about to end the season with an 8-8/9-7 record and miss the playoffs. 

Granted, this isnt the offense fault entirely but its most definitely a mixture. The first month of the season teams averaged 13pts per game against us. Since then the average has jumped to 25pts per game while the offense in those first 4 games averaged 24pts per game and the next 5 games its been 24pts per game as well. 

The kicker is this, The Jets need to score more points to alleviate some of the pressure on the defense. From what I heard regarding yesterday's game, the Bills scored 22pts yet the Defense in all reality only gave up 10 points the entire game to the Bills offense. This means that the offense and special teams are at blame here somehow. 

I think that the Jets need to seriously evaluate Geno Smith and Bryce Petty (either one) when Fitz is recovering from surgery and see if there is any possibility that we could get better performance from that position. Fitz hasnt done bad, but he's not doing good either. Its mediocre work when putting into perspective that this is a passing league...and he cant throw the ball accurately down field. 

Okay, my download is finished, time to watch the game. 

Im downloading the game now. I have to say, after reading through all of these quotes (thought having not seen the game yet) it seems like alot of people bringing up valid points regarding Fitz being very limited, though discrediting themselves by for some reason having to reinforce this notion of "but he's the best we have". 

I am not interested in bashing or presenting unnecessary QB comparisons. What I will say is this...Fitzpatrick's career shows exactly what we're seeing right now. Steve Young said it best, "The real season starts in October. Thats when you'll begin to see the separation of the legit teams and the frauds". The Jets are 3-3 since the month of October, putting Fitz at 3-2 (To be fair I wont put that Oakland loss on him). 

Some have said that Fitz has been terrible his entire career because he's been with sh*tty teams. I'll even grant that statement, however, the Jets have been mediocre since October (Since game tape has been established), and not just by their record, im talking about mediocre play overall which does include Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Fitz has yet to register one 300 yard performance and has yet to throw 3 TD's in a game, yet he averages 35 pass attempts per game. He's not limited like a Tyrod Taylor. This is a guy who's had weekly reps with the 1's for months now going all the way back to preseason. Geno came into that Oakland game and was able to put up Fitzpatrick'ish stats (265 yards 2TD's 1INT 66% Comp) while coming into the game cold and with virtually no reps with the 1's. That should say something, if even a little bit, on Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

The Jets at 5-4 isnt the end of the world. Losing 2 of our 3 games to a division rival and conference team is a bit concerning. We must acknowledge something, we need to acknowledge that Fitz is good enough to keep us outside of the top 10 draft spot and historically bad enough to keep us out of the playoffs. 

Whoever thinks Fitz is better or worse than Geno isnt really the point right now. at this pace we're about to end the season with an 8-8/9-7 record and miss the playoffs. 

Granted, this isnt the offense fault entirely but its most definitely a mixture. The first month of the season teams averaged 13pts per game against us. Since then the average has jumped to 25pts per game while the offense in those first 4 games averaged 24pts per game and the next 5 games its been 24pts per game as well. 

The kicker is this, The Jets need to score more points to alleviate some of the pressure on the defense. From what I heard regarding yesterday's game, the Bills scored 22pts yet the Defense in all reality only gave up 10 points the entire game to the Bills offense. This means that the offense and special teams are at blame here somehow. 

I think that the Jets need to seriously evaluate Geno Smith and Bryce Petty (either one) when Fitz is recovering from surgery and see if there is any possibility that we could get better performance from that position. Fitz hasnt done bad, but he's not doing good either. Its mediocre work when putting into perspective that this is a passing league...and he cant throw the ball accurately down field. 

Okay, my download is finished, time to watch the game. 

it's true the honeymoon is over. Fitz should have to compete for this job from now on... When you literally threw a pick 6 (dropped thankfully) first pass of the game your job should be on the line. Inexcusable 

it's true the honeymoon is over. Fitz should have to compete for this job from now on... When you literally threw a pick 6 (dropped thankfully) first pass of the game your job should be on the line. Inexcusable 

I am shocked you are not an NFL HC yet, do the owners know about your incredible amount of NFL prowess?

Seriously? Im about to put the game on now. Seems like its going to be one off those SOJ-type games lol. 

Basing arguments on plays that almost happened does not get you far.  We can start looking at all of the 'almosts' to justify anything we wish.

The New York Jets do not have a good long term QB as their #1 or #2 QB at this time.

Their number 3 guy might amount to nothing.

All of this has been pretty well known by logical fans before the season and now.   The only people who have a reason to freak out over this are the deranged few who think Geno smith is the answer or a significant up grade on Fitzpatrick as far as getting wins goes.

Damn. 

So he had one of those "Geno'esqe" games without receiving one of those "Geno'esqe" persecutions on the forums huh? lol. 

Not at all. He wasn't as bad as some are saying and he wasn't as good as he's been for the Jets in the past. The extremism on this board is brain killing.

Archived