Our QB is limited... Best we have, but limited...

aec4

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a source of constant amazement to me that fans who've witnessed decades of legitimately wretched QB play can respond to perfectly average QB by saying it's not good enough.

okay so what NFL team with a healthy starter would rather have fitz as their QB right now? 

It's a source of constant amazement to me that fans who've witnessed decades of legitimately wretched QB play can respond to perfectly average QB by saying it's not good enough.

Is it though? We wear baggy cargo pants and punch women in the face, being irrational has to fall somewhere in that spectrum. 

Mike Glennon is better than Fitzpatrick. you're blind if you dont see that. 

I am probably as big, if not a bigger Glennon fan than you are, so you are barking up the wrong tree with that one. I think Glennon on this team could be a top 10-15 QB.

My comparison was to Geno, not anyone else. I am not even a Fitz fanboy, I just think he is far better than Geno, and playing better than the Geno lovers claim.

there's been plenty of excuses for the golden boy 

Only a dummy would refer to Fitzpatrick as the golden boy and i would say 99% of people who would like him to remain as the starter think he is an average at best Qb that can get wins only if other parts of the team play well.  The only reason a person would refer to a journeyman as golden boy would be a person with an agenda, and the only possible agenda in making such statements is to try and raise up the value of a scrub like Geno by making over the top ridiculous statements about Fitzpatrick.

Only a dummy would refer to Fitzpatrick as the golden boy and i would say 99% of people who would like him to remain as the starter think he is an average at best Qb that can get wins only if other parts of the team play well.  The only reason a person would refer to a journeyman as golden boy would be a person with an agenda, and the only possible agenda in making such statements is to try and raise up the value of a scrub like Geno by making over the top ridiculous statements about Fitzpatrick.

or how about someone who's honest about what they are seeing on the field? I could give 2 sh*ts about geno smith so get the **** outta here with your whining 

I am probably as big, if not a bigger Glennon fan than you are, so you are barking up the wrong tree with that one. I think Glennon on this team could be a top 10-15 QB.

My comparison was to Geno, not anyone else. I am not even a Fitz fanboy, I just think he is far better than Geno, and playing better than the Geno lovers claim.

I know. My original statement was about Glennon, not Geno. Thats why I said back up NFL QB and not back up Jets QB. 

I agree with your opinion though. 

or how about someone who's honest about what they are seeing on the field? I could give 2 sh*ts about geno smith so get the **** outta here with your whining 

lol, so what are you saying then?  Petty time?  Last time I looked when a game started you do actually have to have someone under center.  Fitz is a limited journeyman who at best is going to creep us into the playoffs, Geno has a way better arm but a 10 cent football brain.  These two are essentially a push at best.  Petty is a 4th round developmental QB who is probably not remotley ready to play.  The Jets are still in playoff contention.

Who do you want to play Qb for the New York Jets?

lol, so what are you saying then?  Petty time?  Last time I looked when a game started you do actually have to have someone under center.  Fitz is a limited journeyman who at best is going to creep us into the playoffs, Geno has a way better arm but a 10 cent football brain.  These two are essentially a push at best.  Petty is a 4th round developmental QB who is probably not remotley ready to play.  The Jets are still in playoff contention.

Who do you want to play Qb for the New York Jets?

the answer is probably not on this team, but the position should be reevaluated over the long week while fitz is rehabbing. Geno and petty should be getting reps because fitz was simply not good enough last night. Fitz probably still is the best option at this point but there needs to be some serious competition because the QB play needs to be improved 

the answer is probably not on this team, but the position should be reevaluated over the long week while fitz is rehabbing. Geno and petty should be getting reps because fitz was simply not good enough last night. Fitz probably still is the best option at this point but there needs to be some serious competition because the QB play needs to be improved 

If not for the fumble 6 last night, the Jets almost definitely win that game. Even with it, if we had an OC with a quarter of a brain, we win that game. Fitz is not the long term answer, but you cannot evaluate with a team fighting for a playoff spot, when the players being evaluated have an incredibly high probability of being much worse. Unless Petty develops, which is not a high probability, the future QB of the Jets is not on the roster. 

Archived