Rex Ryan is a complete loser

BowlesMovement

No doubt, there have been a lot of injuries for the Bills, but the loss to Jax was really bad, as was the loss to the Giants, and almost losing to Tenn is horrible as well.

Yes,  but at the end of the day,  we are 5-4 and so are  the Jets.  Every team has a couple of bad games.  

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who thinks blowing both challenges and having no timeouts available while your team allows a banged up team to climb back from a 22-3 score is good coaching.....well wow

The timeouts were a result of problems with headphones (communication).  

They'll beat Houston, but the Chiefs will chew them up in KC, and Philly plays the run really well. Tyrod is slowing down, and I think the Jets just showed the league how to stop that offense. 

Not every team has a Revis.  Isn't your team #1 in defense?

Anyone who thinks blowing both challenges and having no timeouts available while your team allows a banged up team to climb back from a 22-3 score is good coaching.....well wow

I thought one of those challenges resulted in the call being overturned.  No?

The timeouts were a result of problems with headphones (communication).  

When that happens both teams have to stop using the phones.

I mean when it really happens unlike Thursday when the buffoon tried to make up some bull**it to cover up his pissing away all his timeouts with an eternity to go in a game

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

When that happens both teams have to stop using the phones.

I mean when it really happens unlike Thursday when the buffoon tried to make up some bull**it to cover up his pissing away all his timeouts with an eternity to go in a game

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

I think this was legit.  It happened in 2 other games this season.  

Historically, not all of Rex's promises have come true. This one may, who knows, the Bills have a very talented team, and IMO have played below their talent level this year, they should be more like 6-3 or 7-2 right now.

this is a good point , a lot of people praising Rex for some reason are ignoring the Bills are pretty loaded ...5-4 is imo underachieving, there were a lot of " what would the Jets record be with Rex " stories this week ....how bout " what would the Bills record be with Marrrone ? No worse than 5-4 I would bet my house .

this is a good point , a lot of people praising Rex for some reason are ignoring the Bills are pretty loaded ...5-4 is imo underachieving, there were a lot of " what would the Jets record be with Rex " stories this week ....how bout " what would the Bills record be with Marrrone ? No worse than 5-4 I would bet my house .

The Bills were 5-4 at this time last year under Marrone.

Historically, not all of Rex's promises have come true. This one may, who knows, the Bills have a very talented team, and IMO have played below their talent level this year, they should be more like 6-3 or 7-2 right now.

So should the Jets and they have a experienced QB at least..

There have been plenty of criticisms of Bowles, and very rightfully so. This thread is about Rex Ryan, so please explain to me how Bowles underperforming makes Rex any better at his job? 

But not by me... Bowles is under performing by know-it-all fans and media types that love to stir up rabid fans.. I have always said Rex is not a complete HC who spends too much time on one side of the ball.. I think when all is said and done Bowles with his steady demeanor will do fine as the Jet HC..IMO

Savage:  I think it's doable,  that being the Bills beating the Patriots,   but I can think   that way right now.  It's another wait and see for me.  I think there's a couple of things we need to do to get ready.  Tyrod Taylor is doing a great job for Buffalo but to beat the Patriots,  I think we will need to get the ball out of the pocket faster.  Our defense looked  better last game,  than they have in a while,  but I still think we can improve on that side of the ball too.  

Anything is possible but I'd bet on pats -20 next week. Survived a scare against Giants and as savage said Rex just won his Super Bowl prepare for the most hideous let down of all time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeanie look at the last 4 games Rex's Jets had in 2013-2014 vs the Pats 3 losses and 1 win.. The three losses were 13-10,27-25 and 17-16 and the Pats won the Bowl last year..

So you're saying he was 4-0 in moral victories

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's posts like this where you just have to shake your head and wonder what the poster was watching all those seasons.

Rex didn't even know he was still in play-off contention in 2009. Nuff said.

In 2010 he took a very talented team where it should have went only to come out flat when it mattered most due to the prior W being his SB . Something that continually happens with Rex.

In 2011 he brought in Thugs incorporated for WR's and  team Captains and proceeded to sit by as they helped destroy whatever chance his young QB had.  Everything from 2010 on was much more than just a sour experience as you call it,....it was a full blown circus both on and off the field.

Rex had the lead last night due to Jet mistakes and then spent the final 20-30 minutes coaching scared to death almost blowing the game in the process..

Some fans fell in love with his personality. in 09.....his "act" if you will and that's fine, but making claims that he is a good HC because of 2009-10 is insane.

Rex is emotional, he thought they were out of it w/ the loss to Atl and they just lost a tough game after his D blew another late lead.  who cares? did he regroup his team? YES and that is what was important.

In 2010 he took  a talented team back to the title game, where it should have went?  we were the 3rd,4th,5th most talented team at best in the AFC so how did we go where we should have?

Holmes was a leader in 2010 helping us get to a title game, the naming of captains didn't derail our season.

Did Rex's team win the other night? isn't that all that matters?  he is a damn good coach based on his career not just '09/'10.  his best coaching came in 2012 and 2013 to make those teams competitive when they had no business being competitive.

No I'm saying the Pats seem to be the only time he got the team ready to play..

Fair observation, but if you pull all the data from Rex's tenure with the Jets, you'll see that he was blown out a ton. People tend to mis-remember how often he actually "played them close". You'll also see that the Bills faired better over the 6 years versus the Pats, winning more matchups than Rex's Jets. 

I put together a big post showing all of this months ago.

Rex is emotional, he thought they were out of it w/ the loss to Atl and they just lost a tough game after his D blew another late lead.  who cares? did he regroup his team? YES and that is what was important.

In 2010 he took  a talented team back to the title game, where it should have went?  we were the 3rd,4th,5th most talented team at best in the AFC so how did we go where we should have?

Holmes was a leader in 2010 helping us get to a title game, the naming of captains didn't derail our season.

Did Rex's team win the other night? isn't that all that matters?  he is a damn good coach based on his career not just '09/'10.  his best coaching came in 2012 and 2013 to make those teams competitive when they had no business being competitive.

Wait, the Jets were "competitive" in those years? LOL 

So, by this standard, Bowles could finish with 1-2 more wins this season and this season would be deemed "competitive".

Nope.

That's a pretty safe bet.  However,  we can't look at Rex's past patterns (with Jets) because they seem to differ with Bills.  Examples:  Rex had losses after the Bye week with the Jets but won after a bye week in Buffalo.  Posters were saying that he wouldn't have back to back wins and we won the last 2 games.  I think we have the players to make Rex's dream of beating the Patriots come true.  Let's see what happens.

The 8-8 Jets the year before Rex's last year was a sheer and utter and total aberration and the terrible warning signs from that year were ignored.

Won two last second games strictly due to the others team brain cramps taking penalties.

3-1 in the last 4 games when the season was already over.

Won their 8 games by a total of 53 points

Lost their 8 games by a total of 150 points including losses by 40, 25, 23, 20, 16, 13, 10

They gave up an ungodly number of long scoring plays, not long plays, long scoring plays.

Biggest myth on these boards and in the media was what a great job Rex did in that 8-8 year.  The team was pure awful and more equivalent to a 4 or 5 win team.

Wait, the Jets were "competitive" in those years? LOL 

So, by this standard, Bowles could finish with 1-2 more wins this season and this season would be deemed "competitive".

Nope.

in 2012 we were still in the playoff race in December despite losing Revis and Holmes in September, despite not having a healthy Keller all year, w/ the main weapons on O being Chaz Schilens, Stephen Hill(rookie), Clyde Gates, etc...

In 2013 we were in the race almost until the end w/ not much more talent and a rookie QB who was not ready to play. 2 amazing coaching jobs.  Bowles has one of the most talented rosters in the league right now, this should be a playoff team. 

Fair observation, but if you pull all the data from Rex's tenure with the Jets, you'll see that he was blown out a ton. People tend to mis-remember how often he actually "played them close". You'll also see that the Bills faired better over the 6 years versus the Pats, winning more matchups than Rex's Jets. 

I put together a big post showing all of this months ago.

we were only blown out a few times by the Pats.  2009 at NE, 2010 reg season at NE(I nhink the playoff game a month later made up for it though, right?) and the buttfumble game.  other than that we either beat them or had realistic chances in the 4th qtr every time.

in 2012 we were still in the playoff race in December despite losing Revis and Holmes in September, despite not having a healthy Keller all year, w/ the main weapons on O being Chaz Schilens, Stephen Hill(rookie), Clyde Gates, etc...

In 2013 we were in the race almost until the end w/ not much more talent and a rookie QB who was not ready to play. 2 amazing coaching jobs.  Bowles has one of the most talented rosters in the league right now, this should be a playoff team. 

the jets do not have one of the most talented rosters in the league imo, did they upgrade huge from last year ? Yes....one of the most talented rosters in the NFL ? Absolutely no.

Archived