Rex Ryan is a complete loser

BowlesMovement

You are right in that there was 25 seconds on the playclock when the TO was called but there were 20 seconds or so until the 2 minute warning.  They hesitated for a few seconds after the play before calling the TO but that was all immaterial because the next play would wind it down to 2 mins no matter what.

the TO was called w/ 2:28 though.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If, if, if, if . . . 

I love the excuses.  Rambo ripped that ball out of Smith's hands.  The ball was ripped out of Ivory's hands.  The coverage on Marshall that led to the interception was great coverage by the Bills.

It also goes the other way.  If Taylor didn't overthrow Watkins, Watkins would have smoked Revis for an 80 yard TD on the first drive.  A Bills' defender dropped a Fitzpatrick pick 6.  

The Bills are 5-1 when Taylor, Watkins and McCoy play.  5-2 when they have their starting QB.  

By the way, it was a COACHING decision to put Devin Smith back there, despite the fact that he hasn't gotten any work back there and it was a stupid idea to put him there.

it was also a coaching decission for it to rain in the first quarter and not the remainder of the game...

thats is as likely as Rex's game plan was to have Rambo force 3 turnovers in the game...

Sometimes you have to blame the players, not every coaching decision you think was the reason why a team lost. 

Unfortunatley it's easy to blame one central character than talk about bad throws, dropped passes, etc.

some people are natural born finger pointers and can't help it...

Sometimes you have to blame the players, not every coaching decision you think was the reason why a team lost. 

Unfortunatley it's easy to blame one central character than talk about bad throws, dropped passes, etc.

it was a total team loss but some of Bowles' decisions were magnified.  Marshall catches those passes, Decker catches that pass and it's a completely different game.

From a distance, its easier to see how Rex antics can hurt a franchise.  But the guy can coach.  People who deny that confuse me.

I'm glad he's gone.  I think in the long run, Bowles approach is better for the franchise...but the verdict is out if he's a better coach than Rex Ryan.

This is fair but personnel is important too and REX is weak in this area.  

the TO was called w/ 2:28 though.

Then I may have the TO time off by a few seconds but I am positive that they did not have to run another play before the 2 min warning.  This is NY - if that had actually happened that way, you know Bowles would be getting killed for it.  I am certain he did not screw up the clock in that scenario.

In all seriousness, watch it again or check the play by play on ESPN.  The previous play started at 2:43 and McCoy ran for 16 yards.  By the time the play clock was reset, the Bills were not going to have to run another play before the 2 minute warning. 

I just watched it on the NFL Network online.  their graphics were confusing so he did not make that mistake w/ the TO.  here is what I saw:

this was before the TO:

ao8dpx.jpg

this was after the TO:

2r5rksg.jpg

I retract my criticism over the use of TOs.

taking 2 less talented teams then the one we're fielding on 2 deep playoff runs.  also coaching the worst roster in the NFL to a .500 record in Idziks inagural year.

Asking JiF to clarify a stupid comment and having Pac answer it is like foolishly banging Tara Reid and getting Carmen Electra's Hep-C.

Asking JiF to clarify a stupid comment and having Pac answer it is like foolishly banging Tara Reid and getting Carmen Electra's Hep-C.

Your metaphors are like passing from the one yard line in the SB. 

Why complicate things when you could just go beast mode?

Your metaphors are like passing from the one yard line in the SB. 

Why complicate things when you could just go beast mode?

I like to imagine Pac and JiF sitting in their hovels attempting to decode whether or not I actually insulted their intelligence. It's super-meta.

You realize Taylor was calling those timeouts because he wasn't getting plays from the sideline, right?

They were 5-4 last year. Exactly the same record. I mis-typed.

So yeah, what you said about them not being in this position in however long... is absolutely untrue.

That's more of a problem with Greg Roman then Rex though. You can blame Rex for hiring him, but no one is saying Harbaugh is a bad coach for taking Roman with him, and Roman had these same problems with the 49ers.

That's more of a problem with Greg Roman then Rex though. You can blame Rex for hiring him, but no one is saying Harbaugh is a bad coach for taking Roman with him, and Roman had these same problems with the 49ers.

I blame Rex, because we've seen his QB's have this problem here with Geno and Sanchez looking to the sideline for a playcall numerous times over the years. If Roman also suffers from this, then it's his bosses job to help him fix it.

From a distance, its easier to see how Rex antics can hurt a franchise.  But the guy can coach.  People who deny that confuse me.

I'm glad he's gone.  I think in the long run, Bowles approach is better for the franchise...but the verdict is out if he's a better coach than Rex Ryan.

That defense was fantastic last year ...This year not so much

years 1 & 2: championship games- this alone should trump all the negative

2011: we had a playoff shot and missed out the last week, we had a much less talented team than a year earlier too yet we were still in contention.

2012: we lost our best O and D players for the season yet we were still in race in december

2013: w/ rookie Geno Smith who wasn't ready and some of the worst skill players in the league we went 8-8

2014: total disaster led by inept GM.

he had ONE awful year(2014) where he was sabotaged by the GM who thought he had years to build and that he would get rid of Rex after that season.

It's posts like this where you just have to shake your head and wonder what the poster was watching all those seasons.

Rex didn't even know he was still in play-off contention in 2009. Nuff said.

In 2010 he took a very talented team where it should have went only to come out flat when it mattered most due to the prior W being his SB . Something that continually happens with Rex.

In 2011 he brought in Thugs incorporated for WR's and  team Captains and proceeded to sit by as they helped destroy whatever chance his young QB had.  Everything from 2010 on was much more than just a sour experience as you call it,....it was a full blown circus both on and off the field.

Rex had the lead last night due to Jet mistakes and then spent the final 20-30 minutes coaching scared to death almost blowing the game in the process..

Some fans fell in love with his personality. in 09.....his "act" if you will and that's fine, but making claims that he is a good HC because of 2009-10 is insane.

I hated the Jet play calling and attribute the loss to that --and the turnovers, of course.  However,  I would hate for my coach to have no challenges in the second half and no second half timeouts halfway through the third period

The Bills had headset issues again last night.  This was the reason for the timeouts.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14120866/buffalo-bills-coach-rex-ryan-again-frustrated-headset-issues

I just watched it on the NFL Network online.  their graphics were confusing so he did not make that mistake w/ the TO.  here is what I saw:

this was before the TO:

ao8dpx.jpg

this was after the TO:

2r5rksg.jpg

I retract my criticism over the use of TOs.

You are a Good Man NYJUNC......... :)

Rex is a 13 year old kid. All heart little brains. Sometimes he can will a team to victory. But that's not sustainable over long time periods. Watch his team come out completely flat and be erased from existence next week. I am betting on the Pats next week even if the spread is 20.

I blame Rex, because we've seen his QB's have this problem here with Geno and Sanchez looking to the sideline for a playcall numerous times over the years. If Roman also suffers from this, then it's his bosses job to help him fix it.

That's what you get with Roman though, he had the same problem with the niners under Harbaugh. He takes forever to get the call off because, my guess is, he's obsessed with making the right call. Not going to fault Rex for that problem when you have a coach who is as good as Harbaugh who wasn't able/didn't bother changing Roman's play calling style.

No clue why people are pissed at Rex.  Were you expecting him not to be happy and his usual self after a big divisional win?  Just got around to watching SNY's postgame show.  Saw the Rex interview.  Nothing bad there.  He was happy.  So what?  He also gave credit to many Jets.

I'm still beyond pissed/disappointed with this whole team from coaches on down, but I am happy for Rex.  Idzik damn near ruined Rex's career.  I mean c'mon Rex was forced to play in NY/NJ with the crazy media with like half a team last season and no willingness to spend money on players.  Lesser coaches/men would've crumbled uder the pressure.

The loss blows, but a small consolation is seeing Rex do well.  With that said, hopefully Bowles can figure how to turn things around, week 17 means something and we kick his @ss then in Buffalo.

No clue why people are pissed at Rex.  Were you expecting him not to be happy and his usual self after a big divisional win?  Just got around to watching SNY's postgame show.  Saw the Rex interview.  Nothing bad there.  He was happy.  So what?  He also gave credit to many Jets.

I'm still beyond pissed/disappointed with this whole team from coaches on down, but I am happy for Rex.  Idzik damn near ruined Rex's career.  I mean c'mon Rex was forced to play in NY/NJ with the crazy media with like half a team last season and no willingness to spend money on players.  Lesser coaches/men would've crumbled uder the pressure.

The loss blows, but a small consolation is seeing Rex do well.  With that said, hopefully Bowles can figure how to turn things around, week 17 means something and we kick his @ss then in Buffalo.

Idzik did not ruin Rex's career, Rex destroyed the Jets before Idzik ever got here. Idzik just sealed the deal.

Archived