Appropriate response from Geno, or no?

AFJF

When you fail to execute to the tune of hitting receivers in the hands and having them drop it, or having wide open receivers and throwing it in the dirt, even when you had a clean pocket, that's not the "other team's defense", that's failure to execute.

When you put the ball on the ground and were barely touched (Devin), it's on you. When you get both hands on a pass, and send it into a tip drill that hits a defender in stride, it's on you. Those are give-aways, not take-aways. I said elsewhere that the Bills get credit for stripping Ivory.

We gift-wrapped this game. They didn't do anything other than run out of time before they handed it right back to us.

If you want to have a conniption over my word choice, go head, but it's hardly a case of me "telling myself" something other than what happened. To even imply such a thing is illogical. It's far easier to take the "they outplayed us" angle, than it is to take the "we couldn't do anything right" angle. Most people don't want to admit that last night was a scary "could this be 5 more years of SOJ" moment.

Buffalo didn't fail to execute?  Didn't Sammy Watkins smoke Revis on the first drive?  IF he had timed his jump right, he would have had an 80 yard TD.  Did Buffalo not drop a pick six?  We can do this all day.  

And no, Devin wasn't barely touched.  The ball was punched out of his hands on a very good play by Rambo.  Devin's mistake was trying to run it out.  And on the INT, that was great coverage by the Bills.  The Bills pass defense in general was very good.  But keep telling yourself otherwise.

Rex Ryan came into MetLife Stadium and beat the Jets with Tyrod ******* Taylor (who is awful).  Keep drinking the green Kool Aid.

we gift wrapped that game in classic soj fashion, Rex can have his moment , fine , and boast in the postgame, fine....I'm over it, but his team collapsed , his offense and defense folded , and we blew it somehow .

His team collapsed?  The Jets got the ball taken away from them four times and Shady McCoy sliced and diced the best run defense in the league and Rex Ryan's team collapsed?

The Jets had the lead once.  That was when it was 3-0.  They tried to play catch up after getting down to a team that was playing harder than them.  They didn't blow sh*t.

No doubt the reporter is trolling.  smith being immature gave him exactly what he wanted.  A story about how immature smith is.

Win,win for the reporter, lose lose for smith

He should have pulled a Richard Todd on Steve Serby and shoved him into a locker. Any other Jet QB maybe with the exception of Sanchez does this and the fans would love it, because its everyone's whippping boy that its being questioned. If Geno took the high road and walked away fans would be saying its because he doesn't care and doesn't have his teammates backs.

I agree he's immature, but after a sh*tty loss and you're already mad that you're a backup qb, and some a**hole who wants to ask you about IK enemkpali comes up to you to talk about a personal issue. Damn right that reporter's a dickhead, they just get a pass. Whether it happened or not, who cares. Do we have to pretend those reporters weren't just about to antagonize him? 

I wonder what the question was going to be?

"So, Geno, in your opinion, do you think that Rex's strategy to rattle your team by having IK--the man who punched you in the face--go out as a captain for the coin toss? And if not, what else did Rex do to make you guys lose?"

Not like he can follow every player who happened to be upset about last night around and stop the words from coming out of their mouths.

A real coach would go around and personally gag each of his players with their own sweaty, dirty jock strap after a loss, so they don't say anything stupid.

Fail coach, thy name is Bowles.

Buffalo didn't fail to execute?  Didn't Sammy Watkins smoke Revis on the first drive?  IF he had timed his jump right, he would have had an 80 yard TD.  Did Buffalo not drop a pick six?  We can do this all day.  

And no, Devin wasn't barely touched.  The ball was punched out of his hands on a very good play by Rambo.  Devin's mistake was trying to run it out.  And on the INT, that was great coverage by the Bills.  The Bills pass defense in general was very good.  But keep telling yourself otherwise.

Rex Ryan came into MetLife Stadium and beat the Jets with Tyrod ******* Taylor (who is awful).  Keep drinking the green Kool Aid.

I've spent the better part of the day making posts that make it clear that I believe we didn't execute, that the Bills also screwed the pooch and almost gave us the game back, but we insisted on gift-wrapping it for them. You're right, I can do this all day, and I won't come out on the wrong side of it... but I don't really think anyone is in the mood, so I'm not going to out of common courtesy.

I'm the furthest thing from a Kool Aid drinking type of fan. Don't be a jackass.

His team collapsed?  The Jets got the ball taken away from them four times and Shady McCoy sliced and diced the best run defense in the league and Rex Ryan's team collapsed?

The Jets had the lead once.  That was when it was 3-0.  They tried to play catch up after getting down to a team that was playing harder than them.  They didn't blow sh*t.

I had forgotten how much you used to mangle reality, it's been a while, the last time I remember you really digging in on being goofy was before you did that thing where you pretended to have an inside guy around draft time.

Have fun.

they went into a shell and his D choked as usual , he was lucky our coaching staff was worse than him last night ....gift wrap .

Archived