QB FITZPATRICK..has THUMB SURGERY ~ ~ ~

kelly

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best QB? We are 5-4 did you see the way he played Thursday night I wouldn't be bragging  about anything Fitzpatrick.

being the best QB out of fitz, geno and petty certainly isn't bragging

want to make a sig bet on if fitz plays sunday ?

Im not a gambler. 

you said no way in hell !

I'll make it painless.  If fitz starts sunday, even 1 series, you put in your sig for 48 hours, beginning at the end of the first series "Ryan Fitzpatrick is the best QB on the Jets"

If Fitz is not ready in time and does not play even 1 series, I put in my sig for 48 hours, beginning at the end of the first series "Geno Smith is the best QB on the Jets"

deal ?

you said no way in hell !

I'll make it painless.  If fitz starts sunday, even 1 series, you put in your sig for 48 hours, beginning at the end of the first series "Ryan Fitzpatrick is the best QB on the Jets"

If Fitz is not ready in time and does not play even 1 series, I put in my sig for 48 hours, beginning at the end of the first series "Geno Smith is the best QB on the Jets"

deal ?

Nope not interested. 

one post of yours I agree with.  Why the **** do people attack others thinking their opinion is fact

Its not that people have an opinion and state that opinion, its that they can't stop beating the drum over and over thats unbearible.   You and JW love Geno and think he should be playing, we get it.  That does not mean it has to be pounded at us in every topic.   

If Fitzpatrick suffers a setback and can’t play, the Jets would turn to Geno Smith, who has not started a game since last season, but did play against the Raiders.

“I’m fine with him starting,” Bowles said. “He’s made great progress. He’s learned a lot under Ryan. He threw the ball well in Oakland for the most part, so if he has to play we’ll just keep on moving.”

If Fitzpatrick suffers a setback and can’t play, the Jets would turn to Geno Smith, who has not started a game since last season, but did play against the Raiders.

“I’m fine with him starting,” Bowles said. “He’s made great progress. He’s learned a lot under Ryan. He threw the ball well in Oakland for the most part, so if he has to play we’ll just keep on moving.”

Texans fans are collectively crying at the thought of Geno hurting their draft status.

Jets hope Ryan Fitzpatrick will start; Geno Smith not a 'serious' option

by Dick Semen-i

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Only three months ago, the New York Jetswere planning to go into the season with Geno Smith as their starting quarterback. One punch changed everything, and now the separation between him and Ryan Fitzpatrick is so great that the Jets are prepared to start Fitzpatrick and his surgically repaired left thumb over a healthy Smith in Sunday's gotta-have-it game against the Houston Texans.

On Monday, Todd Bowles said he hasn't made a final decision, but he indicated Fitzpatrick will start as long as he shows he can handle the post-op pain, meaning he shows up for Wednesday's practice and demonstrates the ability to take snaps and execute handoffs with his left hand. You get the feeling that they'd sooner use Fitzpatrick in shotgun on every play before entrusting Smith with the game and, possibly, their season.

The notion of giving Fitzpatrick a week off entered the coach's mind, but it didn't get very far.

"It was a thought, but it wasn't a serious thought," Bowles said. "Everything that was conveyed to us is that he'd probably be able to play if everything went well [in surgery] -- and everything went well. But you have to wait until Wednesday to see what his pain tolerance is."

Translation: It would have taken an amputation for Bowles to make a quarterback change this early in the week.

Two thumbs are better than one, but Bowles evidently doesn't believe Smith's eight other fingers (plus his right arm and head) can get the job done. No doubt, Fitzpatrick is the better man for the job, but there's always some gray area when the starter is less than 100 percent. At what point does Smith become the better option?

Bowles can't afford to make the wrong decision. Maybe, if they were 6-3, he'd be more inclined to give Fitzpatrick a little extra time to heal. That luxury doesn't exist. Mired in a 1-3 slump, the Jets (5-4) are losing their margin for error. They can't give away a game against the very beatable Houston Texans (3-5), who face the Cincinnati Bengals on Monday night.

As expected, Fitzpatrick -- three days removed from surgery -- didn't practice Monday. In fact, he remained at home, recuperating. Smart move. Bowles said he's "hopeful" that Fitzpatrick will practice on Wednesday and "hopeful" he will play on Sunday in Houston, but he wouldn't say it's etched in stone.

"I'm not sure," Bowles said. "I have to see how he looks and how he takes snaps. It would be unfair for me to say he's going to be fine. I'm not a doctor."

Bowles said it's conceivable that Fitzpatrick could practice only once (Friday) and get the start, depending on how he looks. If he doesn't practice at all, he's not playing, according to the coach.

Fitzpatrick is coming off his worst game -- two interceptions in Rex Bowl I -- but he's still ranked seventh in the league in Total QBR (70.1). Smith made his season debut two weeks ago, replacing the injured Fitzpatrick, and it was a typical Geno performance -- a few nice throws, but a couple of moments that left people shaking their heads.

"I'm fine with him starting," said Bowles, responding to a hypothetical question. "He's made great progress. He's learned a lot under Ryan. He threw the ball well in Oakland for the most part, so if he has to play, we'll keep moving."

Clearly, Bowles would rather not see it come to that.

Its not that people have an opinion and state that opinion, its that they can't stop beating the drum over and over thats unbearible.   You and JW love Geno and think he should be playing, we get it.  That does not mean it has to be pounded at us in every topic.   

No, you hate Geno and love Fitz.  When someone like me says anything about him you twist it.  As in saying I love Geno.  Find a post where I want Fitz out and Geno in.  I dare you to find it.  Stop talking out of your ass.  Back to the point.  You're convinced that Geno cant do as well as Fitz, he likes Geno better and youre killing him for having an opinion.  You do it all the time Joe

Actually, Fitz is 5-3 in games he's played in this season (cannot count the Raiders game) and going back to last season, 7-3 in his last 10 NFL games he's played in overall. 

Yea, Fitz is 7-3 against the bottom feeding teams in the NFL.

He hasn't beat a .500+ team since 2011.

Please make me dead.

God forbid

Keep Geno glued to the bench

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Yes because we are 5-4 with Fitz haven't beaten a team with a .500 record and tearing up the NFL 

As usual you dropped the facts sheet grabbing your Geno the BUST pom poms

This year 5-3 with Fitzpatrick 0-1 with Ugh.

No the Jets are 5-4 the Jets team is 5-4 overall record 5-4 you dropped more than facts. 

Not what you posted at all

You posted

Jets are 5-4 WITH FITZ

which is a complete total LIE

Your boyfriend Geno the BUST came in and pissed away the Raiders game as everyone but you knew he would

Not what you posted at all

You posted

Jets are 5-4 WITH FITZ

which is a complete total LIE

Your boyfriend Geno the BUST came in and pissed away the Raiders game as everyone but you knew he would

Heres you QUOTE

You can't lie your way out of it

Sorry

The Jets are 5-4 Fitz started the Raiders game the Jets are 5-4 as a team. 

Archived