Do we still have a chance?

Smo0v3mik3

Any team that goes to denver has a great chance to win.  Manning is late december will be throwing ducks all over.  No matter who gets the wildcard, i pick that team to beat denver.

then, u could get the bengals in round 2.  Lewis and dalton are a disaster come playoff time.

if a wildcard team can draw denver then cincy, they have a great shot to get to the afc championship game.

the tie breakers took a hit the last few weeks.  I just hope the last game in buffalo isn't some sort of coronation for the bills making the playoffs I really hope it is a meaningful game

Bills schedule between now and Week 17 : @ Pats, @ Chiefs, Texans, @ Eagles, @ Redskins, Cowboys

If we assume 10 wins is a play-off lock and 9 is a chance w. tie-breakers, then they need to win at least 3, likely 4 of those to make the Week 17 Jets match up relevant to their play off hopes.

I'm going to be somewhat bold and assume a loss @ NE. :)

Can they win 4 of those other 5? I'm not sure they can. 3 would be more realistic, but if they can continue their momentum then 4 is possible. A lot could depend on their KC game ... 3rd consecutive road game, short week off a Mon night game against Rex's arch-nemesis. Losing both would be very bad for them.

Jets schedule between now and Week 17 : @ Texans, Dolphins, @ Giants, Titans, @ Cowboys, Patriots

I'm going to be somewhat bold and assume a loss vs. NE. :)

Although we're technically the away team vs. the Giants, it's essentially 3 home games which, combined with a visit to the Texans constitutes the easier part of our remaining schedule. For us to have realistic play-off hopes ourselves, I think we need to win at least 3, if not all 4, of these. If we come out of this stretch at 8-5, we have a chance at 10-6 if we can beat both Dallas and Buffalo. 9-4 and we will only have ourselves to blame if we DON'T make the play-offs.

Question is - can we get out of recent slump, get healthy and start playing like the early season Jets, or are we going to stumble through these upcoming games and render the end of December meaningless (other than the insufferable debates about playing to lose so we get a higher draft pick)?

Overall I'd still say the schedule favours us more than Buffalo before our Week 17 match up. But right now Buffalo are healthier, playing better football and have momentum. We'll see how their visit to Foxboro affects each of those three things.

We are the 6th seed in the playoffs if they started today. Of course there still is a chance. Pitt without Big Ben and Bell. Oakland with s really tough schedule down the stretch. 

Buffalo lo and the NYJ both make it in my opinion or at the very least, week 17 determines a playoff spot for both teams. 

The AFC is garbage this year. Or the AFC east is really good this year and gets 3 teams in. It depends on how you as a Jet fan want to look at the glass half full or empty theory. 

We are the 6th seed in the playoffs if they started today. Of course there still is a chance. Pitt without Big Ben and Bell. Oakland with s really tough schedule down the stretch. 

Buffalo lo and the NYJ both make it in my opinion or at the very least, week 17 determines a playoff spot for both teams. 

The AFC is garbage this year. Or the AFC east is really good this year and gets 3 teams in. It depends on how you as a Jet fan want to look at the glass half full or empty theory. 

my thoughts as well...but I do think the Bills have a very tough schedule.

im not counting out Oakland though.  They will make things interesting, IMO.

Serious question: what is the value of getting the 2nd wild card, going out to Denver and getting trounced? The 22nd pick in the draft? 

I'm only interested in two outcomes to any season: at least 1 home playoff game or a chance at a franchise QB (finally) in the next draft. Anything in between is a complete failure, dooming us to a perpetual state of mediocrity. I consider 2015 a lost season, and probably 2016 as well. Only hope I have is that Petty can become something. But even that is unlikely.

This is what I have been saying,  exactly!

I don't really have hope for Petty. His best trait is a quick release.  Looking at the history of 4th round QBs is nothing but fails.  All of them.

Any team that goes to denver has a great chance to win.  Manning is late december will be throwing ducks all over.  No matter who gets the wildcard, i pick that team to beat denver.

then, u could get the bengals in round 2.  Lewis and dalton are a disaster come playoff time.

if a wildcard team can draw denver then cincy, they have a great shot to get to the afc championship game.

Not only him the last time the Bengals won a playoff game was 1990 or Jan 6 1991 if you want to be technical..:)

Bills schedule between now and Week 17 : @ Pats, @ Chiefs, Texans, @ Eagles, @ Redskins, Cowboys

If we assume 10 wins is a play-off lock and 9 is a chance w. tie-breakers, then they need to win at least 3, likely 4 of those to make the Week 17 Jets match up relevant to their play off hopes.

I'm going to be somewhat bold and assume a loss @ NE. :)

Can they win 4 of those other 5? I'm not sure they can. 3 would be more realistic, but if they can continue their momentum then 4 is possible. A lot could depend on their KC game ... 3rd consecutive road game, short week off a Mon night game against Rex's arch-nemesis. Losing both would be very bad for them.

Jets schedule between now and Week 17 : @ Texans, Dolphins, @ Giants, Titans, @ Cowboys, Patriots

I'm going to be somewhat bold and assume a loss vs. NE. :)

Although we're technically the away team vs. the Giants, it's essentially 3 home games which, combined with a visit to the Texans constitutes the easier part of our remaining schedule. For us to have realistic play-off hopes ourselves, I think we need to win at least 3, if not all 4, of these. If we come out of this stretch at 8-5, we have a chance at 10-6 if we can beat both Dallas and Buffalo. 9-4 and we will only have ourselves to blame if we DON'T make the play-offs.

Question is - can we get out of recent slump, get healthy and start playing like the early season Jets, or are we going to stumble through these upcoming games and render the end of December meaningless (other than the insufferable debates about playing to lose so we get a higher draft pick)?

Overall I'd still say the schedule favours us more than Buffalo before our Week 17 match up. But right now Buffalo are healthier, playing better football and have momentum. We'll see how their visit to Foxboro affects each of those three things.

I agree with this, but we have to look out for the steelers and raiders, the have the best QB's left in the WC hunt.  with 4 teams chasing 2 spots it will come down to tie breakers, and lets face it, week 17 vs fatboy

People who write that it's better to not make the playoffs and get better draft picks instead of being a 6th seed and actually make it are the ones who completely scare me from a society point of view going forward. 

I think I will go in the Safe Zone selling Biz..:lol:

People who write that it's better to not make the playoffs and get better draft picks instead of being a 6th seed and actually make it are the ones who completely scare me from a society point of view going forward. 

Agree as do fans who hope a jets player doesn't play at elite level because he will cost too much. Wtf is with this logic

I agree with this, but we have to look out for the steelers and raiders, the have the best QB's left in the WC hunt.  with 4 teams chasing 2 spots it will come down to tie breakers, and lets face it, week 17 vs fatboy

Steelers schedule : Browns, @ Seahawks, Colts, @ Bengals, Broncos, @ Ravens, @ Browns

To get to 10 wins they'd need 2 wins vs. Browns, Ravens, Colts and one from Seattle, Cincy and Denver

Raiders schedule : Vikings, @ Lions, @ Titans, Chiefs, @ Broncos, Packers, Chargers, @ Chiefs

To get to 10 wins they'd need to beat Chargers, Chiefs twice, Lions, Titans and one of Vikings, Broncos and Packers

So no-one has an easy ride as things stand

the texans are playing monday night on the road, the jets played thursday night at home

wow, you don't see that very often

if houston beats cincy, they will be 4-5 playing at home to catch the jets at 5-5

I really don't want to see that, lol

We cant beat the Raiders or the Bills, this is not a playoff team. 

Raiders couldn't beat the Bears

Bills couldn't beat the Jags

... and so on. We get another shot at Buffalo in Wk 17, hopefully it'll be a meaningful one. In the meantime, we've got to beat the Texans next week.

Archived