Posthumous Thoughts; Rex-marriage, McDougle, and our narcoleptic DEF

Paradis

Don't know about many of you, but I was 0% surprised we lost the game last night. We have not beaten a .500 team as of yet, and quite honestly, haven't played 4 quarters of football in a single game yet. Not ready to put this on Bowles yet, but there's definitely a disconnect between the players and the play. Execution and hunger just isn't there 50% of the time.

1) Have you ever seen anything like the Rex/NY saga? Everything Rex said, sounded like someone who has not moved on, and wants to be back here. It's like he's still our coach. F*cked up.

2) Can anyone explain to me why, our "secret" 3rd round pick from Maryland last year who was taken because he's a pass-coverage savant (apparently) has not been on the field and can't beat someone named Williams?

3)  Just what in gods name does this team need to do to light a fire under its ass? I can't believe we have a defensive line featuring 4 first round picks and $120 million dollar secondary - and still look this fat and lethargic half the time... I know, I know - Pryor's out and guys are banged up... so what? big fcking deal. Every team has to fight through adversity. 

So much undisciplined football being played by the Jets right now. It's something i would have expected from Rex, but Bowles? 

Certainly a rookie coach, a bunch of FA's, more injuries to starters than usual, & a new leader as QB would have me expect more high/low performance variance at this time than I expect at the end of the year ... Make it so NYJ

Bad drafting has followed this team for decades. Blaming the coaching staff and the current FO is a bit unfair. This is not what they want on the field yet. 

No depth has Bowles patching the holes with players who do not fit what he wants yet. The loss to the Bills was very frustrating. Poor QB play. Poor ST play and 4 TO's will put most teams in the L space.

time to heal now. Time to get players back and position this team for the stretch run. Games like this the Jets will win next season as better players will be drafted and signed. This season is already more successful than last season. The Jets have to continue to move forward. I am confident that they will.

Todd Bowles benches players who don't perform well when the are capable replacements. Right now there are not enough players who can perform at the level that Todd Bowles likes. Give this staff some time to get things right. 

This team won 4, repeat 4, damn games last year. Two of those were at garbage time in the season. We probably had the worst talent in the league from top to bottom on the roster of any team in the league. They have made tremendous strides this year, but you can't turn a team around in one year, especially when you don't have a good QB. People have to get over the "fan duel" mentality and realize it takes time to get good.

Injuries on the scale that the Jets are dealing with right now simply take away the aggression that players need to win the small battles on every play. Errant throws from Fitz, Marshall just not fighting for the ball with the same intensity, Decker lacking that extra step, Ivory nursing a hamstring. Mangold's neck... it just goes on and on. There were so many apparent "miscommunications in the passing game that it has to be a problem at both ends of the play. Add to that what can only be labeled stupid turnovers -- throwing into coverage, running the ball of the corner of the end zone on a hanging kick, etc. It doesn't wash to simply say everybody is banged up. You can see the impact of all these nagging injuries just piling up on overall team play. It's real. And it's unfortunate.

Injuries on the scale that the Jets are dealing with right now simply take away the aggression that players need to win the small battles on every play. Errant throws from Fitz, Marshall just not fighting for the ball with the same intensity, Decker lacking that extra step, Ivory nursing a hamstring. Mangold's neck... it just goes on and on. There were so many apparent "miscommunications in the passing game that it has to be a problem at both ends of the play. Add to that what can only be labeled stupid turnovers -- throwing into coverage, running the ball of the corner of the end zone on a hanging kick, etc. It doesn't wash to simply say everybody is banged up. You can see the impact of all these nagging injuries just piling up on overall team play. It's real. And it's unfortunate.

As much as Thursday sucked, it's nice that the team has almost 10 days off before the next game. The amount of injuries the team is dealing with is higher than usual and, as good or bad as Bowles may turn out to be, he is still a rookie head coach and he is going to have to go through his own growing pains. 

Too much finger pointing and teeth grinding.  People we lost the game because of mindless

turnovers!!!  We're 5-4 but we haven't been good enough with our ball security.  In two

of our losses (PHI & BUF) we turned the ball over EIGHT times and yet we could've won

both of those games.  Let's not complicate the issue

Bad drafting has followed this team for decades. Blaming the coaching staff and the current FO is a bit unfair. This is not what they want on the field yet. 

No depth has Bowles patching the holes with players who do not fit what he wants yet. The loss to the Bills was very frustrating. Poor QB play. Poor ST play and 4 TO's will put most teams in the L space.

time to heal now. Time to get players back and position this team for the stretch run. Games like this the Jets will win next season as better players will be drafted and signed. This season is already more successful than last season. The Jets have to continue to move forward. I am confident that they will.

Todd Bowles benches players who don't perform well when the are capable replacements. Right now there are not enough players who can perform at the level that Todd Bowles likes. Give this staff some time to get things right. 

Thank you ^^^

What happened to all that depth we supposedly had. 

What happened to all that depth we supposedly had. 

Thursday we were missing one starting CB, our starting SS, our backup SS, our backup backup SS and I think a backup backup backup SS. Plus our OL was down one starter.

None of these positions were problems for us.

This team won 4, repeat 4, damn games last year. Two of those were at garbage time in the season. We probably had the worst talent in the league from top to bottom on the roster of any team in the league. They have made tremendous strides this year, but you can't turn a team around in one year, especially when you don't have a good QB. People have to get over the "fan duel" mentality and realize it takes time to get good.

Fins won 1 game in 2007 and added Sparano and Mighty Chadwick and won 11 in 2008..:)

The NFL is a win now league. This idea of building and building rarely works, unless you're the Packers. We spent the money, have the talent, expecting to win and win often isn't outlandish. 

Ah but that roster was already pre filled. The team had gone 8-8 the season prior.  This roster and Parcells roster was not.

Come on now. This roster has plenty of talent, and could be considered "pre filled". Rex took Sanchez as his starting QB, and his numbers were horrendous. Prior season doesn't mean much to me considering the upgrades all over the field and the money spent. We have fallen short at moments that we shouldn't have. Coaching has not been very good. 

Come on now. This roster has plenty of talent, and could be considered "pre filled". Rex took Sanchez as his starting QB, and his numbers were horrendous. Prior season doesn't mean much to me considering the upgrades all over the field and the money spent. We have fallen short at moments that we shouldn't have. Coaching has not been very good. 

One lesson in sports that people should learn: Money means sh*t. Ask all the baseball and football teams that "won the offseason" and ask them how they did. Ask Vince Young and the Eagles how that went.

Too much finger pointing and teeth grinding.  People we lost the game because of mindless

turnovers!!!  We're 5-4 but we haven't been good enough with our ball security.  In two

of our losses (PHI & BUF) we turned the ball over EIGHT times and yet we could've won

both of those games.  Let's not complicate the issue

The Jets lost because the HC does not have faith in them. Especially on defense. You can't 'go for broke' with three minutes left trailing by five points. You kick the FG and rely on the defense, which had done well in the second half, and then drive for a game winning FG. By failing on fourth down you play right into Buffalo's hand. Now you get the ball back but you still NEED a TD. Big advantage for Buffalo. Jets had all the momentum and Bowles just gave it away with a reckless gamble. To get outcoached by Rex Ryan - even if you are a rookie HC - is inexcusable.

One lesson in sports that people should learn: Money means sh*t. Ask all the baseball and football teams that "won the offseason" and ask them how they did.

Money means something. Without it we are fielding Clyde Gates and Greg Salas with Kyle Wilson playing corner.

Money means something. Without it we are fielding Clyde Gates and Greg Salas with Kyle Wilson playing corner.

At the same time though - paying Clyde Gates, Greg Salas and Kyle Wilson more wouldn't make them any better.

Some of the money we spent got us value ... some didn't.

At the same time though - paying Clyde Gates, Greg Salas and Kyle Wilson more wouldn't make them any better.

Some of the money we spent got us value ... some didn't.

No one hits on 100% of the chances they take. Overall, we hit on our choices than not. You can't say we didn't clearly upgrade our defense and our receiving corp. We have the talent. We should be winning.

oh and the defense gave up 1 TD, and a few field goals and forced the bills to give it back 5 straight possessions in the second half which allowed the jets to get back in the game.

they held the bills to 280 total yards

they held them to 5 of 16 on 3rd down, 0-1 on 4th

and calling out mcdougle is just weird. 

the real draft bummers are coples, milliner, amaro, geno, Hill oh sh*t it gets so depressing so fast

Rex took us there in his first season being a head coach. Every example has its polar opposite example. 

Don't remind me. I'm still pissed we didn't take Burfict for basically nothing. Or Honey Badger.

Not really. Both are great coaches

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

The Jets lost because the HC does not have faith in them. Especially on defense. You can't 'go for broke' with three minutes left trailing by five points. You kick the FG and rely on the defense, which had done well in the second half, and then drive for a game winning FG. By failing on fourth down you play right into Buffalo's hand. Now you get the ball back but you still NEED a TD. Big advantage for Buffalo. Jets had all the momentum and Bowles just gave it away with a reckless gamble. To get outcoached by Rex Ryan - even if you are a rookie HC - is inexcusable.

This is what Rex would have done and you would have killed them.

Our defense was also on the field to make a stop at the end of the game and couldn't get off the field

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

Thursday we were missing one starting CB, our starting SS, our backup SS, our backup backup SS and I think a backup backup backup SS. Plus our OL was down one starter.

None of these positions were problems for us.

Ivory needs a breather we have nobody RB depth non-existent even with Powell healthy TE we really have none decent 

No one hits on 100% of the chances they take. Overall, we hit on our choices than not. You can't say we didn't clearly upgrade our defense and our receiving corp. We have the talent. We should be winning.

Our opponents spent a lot of money too. We can't all win just because we spend money.

Ivory needs a breather we have nobody RB depth non-existent even with Powell healthy TE we really have none decent 

Last year we struggled mightily to field a credible starting 22. We're better this year, plus depth at some positions (OL, DL, DB ) ... Rome wasn't built in a day.

Last year we struggled mightily to field a credible starting 22. We're better this year, plus depth at some positions (OL, DL, DB ) ... Rome wasn't built in a day.

parcells said its not that hard to go from bad to good, but its very difficult to go from good to great

the jets won't be great until they land a QB

Archived