Posthumous Thoughts; Rex-marriage, McDougle, and our narcoleptic DEF

Paradis

parcells said its not that hard to go from bad to good, but its very difficult to go from good to great

the jets won't be great until they land a QB

Correct. But we knew that Ryan Fitzpatrick wouldn't be it. Still I would rather watch my team win some games and feel good about things than completely bottom out.

Fins won 1 game in 2007 and added Sparano and Mighty Chadwick and won 11 in 2008..:)

because they played afcW and nfcW in 2008 - 2 of the historically worst divisions ever, AZ @9-7 was the best record, 4 of those teams had 5 wins or less, STL and KC each went 2-14, this is the Matt cassel year and this is why his inflated win total from that season does not actually support the "Belichick doesn't need Brady" argument.  It's also why chaddycakes and sporano seemed more improved year over year than they actually were.  That and we gave them that last game of the season like a bunch of chumps.

Lot of replies... not a lot of posts directly engaging the subject matter. 

--Every team deals with injuries. It's Football. 

--This roster is build to win now if we're able to execute. We're not executing.

--We have not played a complete game. Barely a complete half. And we've lost to every team with a .500 or better record.

Things are.... not good. 

Rex took us there in his first season being a head coach. Every example has its polar opposite example. 

Rex inherited a pretty stacked team, nothing like the roster Mac and Bowles had/have to deal with. The 2012,13 and 14 drafts have set us back for years.It will take some time to repair that.

parcells said its not that hard to go from bad to good, but its very difficult to go from good to great

the jets won't be great until they land a QB

This right here pretty much nails it. I don't think we are a GREAT team just yet. I do think we are a good one though. It's kind of similar to Arians's first year in Arizona, but Fitz isn't nearly as good as Palmer. If we can finish 9-7 or 10-6 this season, playoffs or not, I will be really really happy.

The jets have always been mediocre. A few highs & lows, but think about it -- if there was an award for hovering around 9-7 we wouldn't have any competition.

This year, it's different.  Wait..my bad, no it's not.

Go back and include  pre-98 and I bet 9-7 is above average for us.  The entire 70's we were terrible, half the 80's, half the 90's and with 6 years of REX we won more than nine only once.

Rex inherited a pretty stacked team, nothing like the roster Mac and Bowles had/have to deal with. The 2012,13 and 14 drafts have set us back for years.It will take some time to repair that.

This roster is for real. Bowles too walked into a good situation, once our roster transformation was complete. The NFL doesn't give you much time to repair unless your a team that works through the draft. We're not.

This roster is for real. Bowles too walked into a good situation, once our roster transformation was complete. The NFL doesn't give you much time to repair unless your a team that works through the draft. We're not.

This situation is nowhere near Rex level of inheritance. Bowles and Mac haven't even been given a chance to hand select a blue chip QB prospect like fatso did. This team is built on mostly older guys at important positions to pretty much hold the fort and compete while we rebuild.

Rex walked into enough talent to win a Super Bowl two years in a row with a Rookie QB.

This situation is nowhere near Rex level of inheritance. Bowles and Mac haven't even been given a chance to hand select a blue chip QB prospect like fatso did. This team is built on mostly older guys at important positions to pretty much hold the fort and compete while we rebuild.

Rex walked into enough talent to win a Super Bowl two years in a row with a Rookie QB.

Doesn't matter if Bowles got to select a "blue chip QB" or not. Fitzpatrick is his guy, and Fitzpatrick is a better QB than Sanchez was. 

Doesn't matter if Bowles got to select a "blue chip QB" or not. Fitzpatrick is his guy, and Fitzpatrick is a better QB than Sanchez was. 

Fitzpatrick wasn't even his original choice for the job. Fitzpatrick couldn't even beat out Geno in a training camp competition and his limitations continue to be an issue. By all accounts we wanted to draft a big QB prospect (Jameis/Mariota) but couldn't pull it off, and we are pretty much worse at every other position now then we were back then. It isn't even close.   Whether it's Petty or someone else, Mac and Bowles should at least be given the chance to put their TRUE guy under center before being compared to the last few morons.

Archived