OuttaSightPF has a melt down, launches personal attack, gets banned for life thread

What the heck!?! I miss everything. 

I'm as negative as many jets fans, but  give me a break- Bowles and Mac suck now?

The poster that said this is typical "chicken little sh*t" is right. This isn't like the Pats losing 4 straight - it's the Jets. We have issues. We were 4-12 last year. We have no pass rush. Our OLine is waaay overrated..or waaay underperforming..

we have issues -  lots of em. Our first year HC and first year GM ain't one of em.

the Porsche comment was made by one guy and was stupid , going into the season with Geno/Fitz as QB our ceiling was 9-10 wins ....which is still in reach ....your expectations were greater than 9-10 wins ? If so then your the one not paying attention .

Lets see. We had three major weaknesses last year. Secondary, WR group and QB. We upgraded all three (yes, including QB by default). And speaking of "not paying attention", we were a blocked FG away from defeating the eventual SB winners last year...twice.

So yes, we didn't spend $200 to buy a Kia. And I did expect us to be a 10 win team with our schedule and our off season moves. Do you really think Woody opened up his checkbook to bring back Revis and Cro and traded for Marshall to be an 8-8 team?

We may possibly have the most talented roster in recent Jet memory, which isn't saying much, but we have made the playoffs a number of times in the last 15 years.

No no, I'm not saying that. We won't know for a while.

I'm just saying we need a really special person to turn it around.

As for Mac....

I like that he had the balls to basically say "I'm signing Revis, no matter what." He wasn't afraid to spend.

I don't like the way he has structured contracts. WAY too much guaranteed cash. But players aren't exactly lining up to play here right now.

I don't like that he wasn't able to get anyone better at the QB spot especially considering everything else he did made it seem like we are in win now mode. Revis, Marshall, Harris, Pace, Mangold, D'Brick..... all key players. All getting old.

I also didn't love the draft. I know I am in the minority.

If Williams develops into an elite player, Mauldin becomes a contributor and Petty actually becomes a starter, then it's a great draft. But so far Smith has bust written all over him, and the Williams pick gave us four 1st round DE's in 5 years. I don't see him as a luxury we could afford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

who would you have gotten at QB? Hoyer? Bradford? Foles? Murderers row right there. 

We played some teams with real issues during the first quarter of the season. We snuck away with 4 wins in 5 games. We were 4-1 and the media was raving about the Jets. This was the real turning point of the season.

We played New England in their house, and overall we played hard. Brandon Marshall, who has been outstanding for us so far this season, truly sh#t the bed in that big game. #15 brings an awful lot to the table as a true #1 receiver. Without him we are 3-6 at best right now. So by trading a 5th round draft pick it has bought us 2 extra wins during the first half of the season. That's nothing to sneeze at. BUT, the one thing he lacks is big game experience. And it showed in Chowderville.

Since then this team has simply mailed it in. A disastrous game vs. our #1 non-division threat for a wildcard spot in Oakland. Our coach said our defense was "loafing". He was 100% accurate. Then we faced Jacksonville, consistently the worst team in the league for a decade. We struggled and barely squeaked out a win. Next was the show down with Rex Ryan and The Bills. We all know how that went.

They play hard when they feel like it, and they sit back and put their feet up when the going gets tough. Rex Ryan cultivated this environment, most especially during his last year here. He and his staff decided early on that they didn't have enough talent and they quit about 3 weeks in. He also cultivated a culture of ZERO accountability and very little discipline.

We have had a bunch of trades, free agent signings and terrible draft picks since 2011. 4 plus years of terrible mismanagement can't be fixed in 1 season. The free agent miscues are easy enough to move on from when the contracts are structured properly. Idzik only did one thing well during his short tenure, he didn't lock up long term money on anyone. But Tannenbaums last few drafts, both of Idziks drafts and our new GM's first draft are all heavily flawed. The 2014 draft alone.... 12 picks and we have a HUGE maybe that eventually Pryor can become a solid contributor. That's devastating.

We need a Pete Carroll, Ozzie Newsome, Bill Parcells type of culture changer to step in and get this organization back on track. A guy with a rare vision. I love Bowles as a head coach, but he needs a real game changer at GM, and I just don't think Mac is that guy.

What we need to do, we can't do in todays NFL. A message needs to be sent to this roster. Guys with bad attitudes and inconsistent effort need to go.

Parcells did it in 84' after suffering through a disastrous 1st year as head coach. He dumped the big name players with little fire in their bellies and found 'his' guys to fill their roles.

Jimmy Johnson did it in Dallas. When he arrived as the new head coach his former college player Michael Irvin came to his office with a list of the guys in the locker room who were simply coming to work for a pay check. These lazy vets would criticize the young Irvin after big losses for being so upset. They would tell him to calm down, he was getting paid either way. Johnson turned over almost the entire roster and landed hungry players who NEEDED to win.

Unfortunately in 2015, in the NFL's biggest media market we are handcuffed. 16 bad games and your ass can be fired. There are no more 3 or 4 year rebuilds in this league anymore (outside of Jacksonville LOL).

Dude, did you hack your own profile to change your neg rep number like that? 

That sh*t is awesome! ;)

• Upvote 2

Yeah I didn't give him a hard time about anything he wrote, even though I strongly disagreed with it. I was just tired of reading cancer so I changed that. Oh well.

Well done Max. That word is horrible. My son had a reoccurrence of his cancer and finished his chemo in March and has passed his subsequent tests, but it's hard. So I'm with you.

• Upvote 4

Well done Max. That word is horrible. My son had a reoccurrence of his cancer and finished his chemo in March and has passed his subsequent tests, but it's hard. So I'm with you.

Good luck to you and your son.  I've fought off Renal Carcenoma twice, that word isn't cool, shouldn't be tossed around lightly. 

• Upvote 2

I don't like the way he has structured contracts. WAY too much guaranteed cash. But players aren't exactly lining up to play here right now.

I don't like that he wasn't able to get anyone better at the QB spot especially considering everything else he did made it seem like we are in win now mode. Revis, Marshall, Harris, Pace, Mangold, D'Brick..... all key players. All getting old.

I also didn't love the draft. I know I am in the minority.

If Williams develops into an elite player, Mauldin becomes a contributor and Petty actually becomes a starter, then it's a great draft. But so far Smith has bust written all over him, and the Williams pick gave us four 1st round DE's in 5 years. I don't see him as a luxury we could afford.

Just curious, how is the pick if we can't resign Wilkerson, and Richardson gets suspended for a long time?  

What players has Mac given too much guaranteed money that show they are there for a paycheck or aren't playing because they need to win?  

Who should we have brought in at QB?  We already know that he went after Cousins, and couldn't make the trade.  How would Cousins have been on this team?  

Edited by hawk

Boy, you sure showed him.

Sure did thanks for noticing.

I was a big advocate for Foles, personally.  But, that ain't lookin so great right now.  (Although I wonder how he would fare with Marshall and Decker)

Fitz was best available. Pretty clear now. Mac > wannabe GMs on this board.

• Upvote 1

The Jets have failed to draft an impact player on offense for 10 + years. Every week you tune in and see rookies scoring long TD's etc. Its really unbelievable how bad this organization has been in terms of identifying talent on offense. 

Yeah but there was that time we traded a 1st for Doug Jolley

Fitz was best available. Pretty clear now. Mac > wannabe GMs on this board.

Possibly yes, possibly no. They're not in similar situations. It's a lazy game to suppose every player would perform the same in different situations than they're in. I'm not saying it's a given Foles would have been as good, but he would surely be doing better on the Jets and Fitz surely would have done worse on the Rams. 

You should get off the soapbox with the relative dolt-ness of everyone here but you, no? At that same time this past offseason, you were bitching quite a lot on the no-brainer wisdom of keeping Percy Harvin at like $10.5M and surrendering our 4th round pick for the privilege. ;) 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Terrible.  I can't imagine what that must be like to watch your child go through.  Hopefully he's finished his last cycle.

Good luck to you and your son.  I've fought off Renal Carcenoma twice, that word isn't cool, shouldn't be tossed around lightly. 

Had no idea. Glad you were able to get through it, buddy. No wonder you're a nut; I would be, too (even more so than I already am). 

• Upvote 2

Terrible.  I can't imagine what that must be like to watch your child go through.  Hopefully he's finished his last cycle.

Had no idea. Glad you were able to get through it, buddy. No wonder you're a nut; I would be, too (even more so than I already am). 

thank you sir for the kind words, appreciate it.  Appreciate the opportunity to continue being a nut 

Possibly yes, possibly no. They're not in similar situations. It's a lazy game to suppose every player would perform the same in different situations than they're in. I'm not saying it's a given Foles would have been as good, but he would surely be doing better on the Jets and Fitz surely would have done worse on the Rams. 

You should get off the soapbox with the relative dolt-ness of everyone here but you, no? At that same time this past offseason, you were bitching quite a lot on the no-brainer wisdom of keeping Percy Harvin at like $10.5M and surrendering our 4th round pick for the privilege. ;) 

So if you're wrong once you can never be right again. Is this my wife?

By the way, Ryan Leaf might've been a stud in Indy. Lazy to say Polian made right choice with Peyton. Your attempts to be a naysayer for the sake of it has just jumped the shark.

Edited by jgb

So if you're wrong once you can never be right again. Is this my wife?

By the way, Ryan Leaf might've been a stud in Indy. Lazy to say Polian made right choice with Peyton. Your attempts to be a naysayer for the sake of it has just jumped the shark.

Nice try to deflect. Like the most extreme example you could think of - Ryan Leaf - bears any similarity to any normal scenario.

And I'm just saying for someone who was going on and on and on, who wasn't at all screaming for us to pick up Fitzpatrick, and who was screaming for us to unnecessarily retain Percy Harvin for an ungodly fortune, you often paint people here en masse with a "not smart like I" brush. That is only acceptable when the subject is Mark Sanchez. Or Herm Edwards.