Giant fans ain't laughing now

Jetster

I have to admit I wanted to see the Pats lose finally, but quite honestly, as a Jet fan I'm not one of those fans that likes all NY teams, in fact I can't stand the Giants & their giant shadow over us. I'm positive all Giant fans were laughing at the Jets on Thursday night saying SOJs.

That loss today to the Patriots was disgusting. The Pats had the most injuries they've had on their Oline all season & that's saying something since they've been short there all year. Then Edelman gets knocked out. They have 20-10 lead, they stall for a quarter, they give up a huge Punt return, they get back in the game, they don't use the clock, but they still take the lead. Then they let the Pats get in FG position and they have to watch the best FG kicker in the game attempt a 54 yarder,lol. Was there any doubt in your minds Jet fans that Gostkowski was gonna make that kick? My wife was like, that's a long kick, I was like THIS GAME IS OVER, Pats win. That loss was worse than ours, we never had a lead.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I LOL when the kick went through. 

I did too, it was really unbelievable how the Pats came out of that game with a win. They pretty much sucked for most of the game. I just can not believe how lucky the Pats are. So many things go there way they have zero control over like Collins dropping that throw, or fumbling in the 3rd quarter & there's 4 Giants in the area & it bounces towards Stork. Even the TD to Gronk, the Giants player is a pubik hair away from knocking it down but takes out his own teammate & Gronk rumbles in for a TD. Like Marshall just dropping that TD, I mean it had zero to do with the Pats making a play, our great receiver just flat out dropped it, so strange the breaks they get.

Mind numbing play calling

meh, I don't get too wrapped up in that. it's always the players. the players decide the game.  every football game ever played comes down to blocking and tackling, throwing, kicking and catching

fans get to caught up in play calling.  you can't say what would have happened if they called a run, maybe the guy scores and leaves the pats with even more time or maybe he fumbles

you can't say

this was the game right here

• 4th and 10 at NE 20

(1:28 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short middle to D.Amendola to NE 32 for 12 yards (J.Casillas)

cheaters made a play, giants choked

Must be nice to throw a pick in the end zone on the next to last drive and then throw a floater that should easily have been picked on the very next throw, yet still win the game a few plays later. Can't imagine that happening to a Jets QB. 

like I said earlier that entire organization has a lucky horseshoe up their collective asses! Just look at our game Thursday, Marshall tips the ball & instead of harmlessly falling to the ground it goes to the DB that makes an incredibly nice pick. Same thing happened twice vs the Eagles. Collins has a ball come right to him...drop. 

meh, I don't get too wrapped up in that. it's always the players. the players decide the game.  every football game ever played comes down to blocking and tackling, throwing, kicking and catching

fans get to caught up in play calling.  you can't say what would have happened if they called a run, maybe the guy scores and leaves the pats with even more time or maybe he fumbles

you can't say

• 4th and 10 at NE 20

(1:28 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short middle to D.Amendola to NE 32 for 12 yards (J.Casillas)

I bleed the clock and give them no more than 50 seconds, that said Collins has to make that play

Belichick is the best NFL HC.

Brady is the best QB.

Gostowski the best Kicker

Gronk the best TE.

They hate us because they anus.

I dislike the Pats but I absolutely do respect them.  Pretty amazing what they've done the past 15 years. I can't argue w what you wrote except maybe the last line as a lot of the "hate" is from the cheating scandals. Even with them, however, I still have great respect for what they've done - especially in the salary cap era. 

Even though the giants let this game slip through their hands, credit to the pats for pulling out the win when given the opportunity.  There's a phrase about good teams "creating their own luck".  I think the pats fall into this category.

Obviously they're going to be a major force this postseason but it's Super Bowl or bust for them. If they win it all this year this team reaches a status never before reached in NFL history.  It would be a 5th title for Brady/Belichck, which has never been done (Bradshaw/Noll and Montana/Walsh each had 4 titles). 

To the credit of Brady/Belichck they had a 16 game undefeated regular season (never been done) and might possibly do it again. If they can pull it off, it's absolutely remarkable.  Would be amazing if they got so close and didn't win the Super Bowl again (which is my hunch will happen again).  

Regardless there's a real case to be made for this Pats' dynasty as the greatest ever and for Brady surpassing Montana.  Even as a Jets fan (who doesn't like the pats), I am also a football fan and thus I have a lot of respect for them. 

Having said the above I will add 2 qualifiers.  One is the cheating and two is the rules changes in the league. It's hard to say if this pats team would've done this well in the 80s or 90s.  I still think if the early 90s cowboys played in the 80s era (no cap) they would've been the best ever. That team was absolutely stacked.  This pats team it can be argued are having this level of success from an incredible QB in an era where QBs mean more than ever (due to rules changes in favor of the offense).  Basically we're in the arena league era of the NFL. For what it's worth, this is my least favorite era since I've been watching.  It's not because of patriots hate but rather how one dimensional this league has become.  Despite that, a ton of credit to Belichck/Brady and the Pats for dominating this era. It's never easy to dominate any era.  

I have to admit I wanted to see the Pats lose finally, but quite honestly, as a Jet fan I'm not one of those fans that likes all NY teams, in fact I can't stand the Giants & their giant shadow over us. I'm positive all Giant fans were laughing at the Jets on Thursday night saying SOJs.

That loss today to the Patriots was disgusting. The Pats had the most injuries they've had on their Oline all season & that's saying something since they've been short there all year. Then Edelman gets knocked out. They have 20-10 lead, they stall for a quarter, they give up a huge Punt return, they get back in the game, they don't use the clock, but they still take the lead. Then they let the Pats get in FG position and they have to watch the best FG kicker in the game attempt a 54 yarder,lol. Was there any doubt in your minds Jet fans that Gostkowski was gonna make that kick? My wife was like, that's a long kick, I was like THIS GAME IS OVER, Pats win. That loss was worse than ours, we never had a lead.

Unless we saw different games, I believe the Jets had the lead going into the fourth quarter.

This game was over the moment the Giants threw the ball twice on the last two plays of the last drive. 

2:01, two TO's and the ball. Pats win.  

It's their own fault for leaving so much time on the clock.

And **** OBJ for relaxing after he thought he caught that TD. 

Punk. 

we went into the 4th quarter in foxboro up 20-16...without Ivory (OR A LIMPING AROUND IVORY) then our D fell apart on us...

F that "we neverhad the lead" garbage.  They showed up in the 4th quarter and we didnt.

What's most frustrating - in talking to a few Giant friends...They're happy they "played well"

It's the attitude of the entire league...It's the Pats, just playing them tough is enough.  It's okay to lose as long as you don't get embarrassed.  That attitude permeates the NFL...Sucks!

you can't say

• 4th and 10 at NE 20

There were at least a few places where you could say "this was the game right here."

- Eli taking a sack that took them out of FG range.

- Dropped TD pass by Beckham.

- Either a mis-timed throw, or absent-minded route running &/or simple failure to look for the pass to arrive, on their final 2nd down. He was wide open.

- Dropping an easy interception after kicking the go-ahead FG. Seriously, how the hell can he drop that?

- Allowing that 4th and 10 completion.

Plenty of chokes to go around.

Archived