Of course Houston won.

prime21

Just as much a QB sh!tshow here as there.  Lose starting QB to player on player violence, and then start the guy Houston didn't even want.

I don't understand this.  True Fitz had to step but it's been very far from a sh$tshow.  Fitz is doing fine, better than any Jets QB in recent history.  How's it a sh$tshow for us?  I thought all along that Fitz would beat out Geno for the job once he got fully healthy along with many if not most Jets fans.  Some folks just love to dis our team I guess, geesh!   

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised but I sure was when Gruden was talking about how much he loved hoyer as a QB.  Does Gruden not love every single jag Qb in this league?

Gruden strikes me as really phony and condescending when he raves about all these crappy qbs

The team that loses that division will not make the playoffs as a WC team.

Luck is out for the next 4 games, giving the Texans a huge advantage.

Not that he's guaranteed to continue to do so, but Matt Hasselbeck has mostly been the better QB for Indianapolis this year with Luck's health issues.  When Luck is healthy he's wayyyy better than Hasselbeck.  But he hasn't been this year.  Colts may be able to win a few games and make a run while the Texans roll with TJ Yates.

Texans defense was very good, that being said, I would not surprised if we move the ball well against them. Here's why. I think the Bengals offensive strategy was horrible. They got good yardage running up the middle ( which is where the Jets like to run a lot). They also threw a lot of deep balls so that the corners could catch up and make plays. Our big WRs in short should be tougher to handle.

Momentum and motivation goes a long way in sports.

Momentum- You have won two in a row, including a win versus an undefeated team on national television.

Motivation - You should always be motivated but suddenly you are 2 games behind a wild card spot and are facing a team at home that is directly in front of you in the wild card chase.  Tie breakers come in handy..

This sounds worse than them losing and coming home dejected plus a shorter week.

You could flip it the other way around; them beating Cinn may make them all giddy and happy; plus they are coming off a short week.  Meanwhile we just came off a tough and disheartening loss but with a few extra days to prepare and a greater sense of urgency since Pittsburgh and Buffalo are both ahead of us in the WC chase.   All a matter of perspective.  I know one thing, this team better not come out flat.  

Momentum is an undeniable aspect of any sport, and the texans have it. Fortunately we are resting up while they are trying to turn around and get ready on a semi-short week. Will be a tough matchup in their house but definitely a game that we have to win if we want to be in the playoff picture at all. I think theres some areas in their game that we can exploit, particularly their run defense and safeties. Their CBs looked really good against Cincy but I think our WR's will do a better job getting open, although Im sure it'll be a tough battle all day. It also looked like Eifert would have a had a great day if not for the drops, so maybe Gailey can actually get some use out of our TEs for a change. 

Houstons defense is good, you for sure have to scheme around Watt and their pass rush  (I wanted Mercilus on the jets that draft year.)  One good thing is our gm should know that team inside and out.  Our defense has to come to play and get back to showing how good they are.  We should totally shut them down.

Our QB should know this team inside and out as well.

Archived