Gary Meyers Daily News says 1 NY team will make the playoffs

joewilly12

One team in and one team out, no deep playoff runs, but a mini-New York Super Bowl on Dec. 6.

As a less-than-thrilling NFL season heads into the stretch drive, here is my forecast:

The Giants will beat the Jets 27-17 at MetLife in a few weeks, they will go on to win the very bad NFC East at 9-7 and make it into the Super Bowl Tournament for the first time since 2011.

The Jets, with their underachieving, big-name defense, will finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs for the fifth straight year, losing the wild-card spots to the Steelers and Chiefs.

Take that to the bank – at your own risk.

One team in and one team out, no deep playoff runs, but a mini-New York Super Bowl on Dec. 6.

As a less-than-thrilling NFL season heads into the stretch drive, here is my forecast:

The Giants will beat the Jets 27-17 at MetLife in a few weeks, they will go on to win the very bad NFC East at 9-7 and make it into the Super Bowl Tournament for the first time since 2011.

The Jets, with their underachieving, big-name defense, will finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs for the fifth straight year, losing the wild-card spots to the Steelers and Chiefs.

For some reason the Jets allow Myers an obvious Giants loving schmuck to be involved in their preseason TV local broadcasts

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

No matter his motives, I can't say I disagree with his predictions.

In fact, if all it took was an upset at the Giants to get to 9-7 and a wildcard I'd be ecstatic considering our injuries, level of play, coaching brainfarts, etc.

SAR I

when I travel to other cities I am amazed at how the home team gets treated.  I'm so used to the trolls we have it seems so out of place.  Today I heard a reporter breathlessly ask Texans coach O'Brien about what a big win that was and how the guys must be so excited !!!!

lol

when I travel to other cities I am amazed at how the home team gets treated.  I'm so used to the trolls we have it seems so out of place.  Today I heard a reporter breathlessly ask Texans coach O'Brien about what a big win that was and how the guys must be so excited !!!!

lol

haha! Me too. Its almost like we can't be happy. "we" being this general geographic area. I got on an elevator in Virginia, wearing a Jets cap. Some guy comments "you a jets fan huh! How bout them patriots"..and I just naturally said "f--- the pats"..he looked shocked. 

Awwww, he gave it away. I wanted it to be a surprise. Shucks!

haha! Me too. Its almost like we can't be happy. "we" being this general geographic area. I got on an elevator in Virginia, wearing a Jets cap. Some guy comments "you a jets fan huh! How bout them patriots"..and I just naturally said "f--- the pats"..he looked shocked. 

I'm shocked you didn't punch him in the face for being an obvious troll.

So he's basically calling for a repeat of 2011 all over again.  Giants are ok in the regular season, fight the Pats down to the wire in a mid-season game.  Throttle the Jets, get hot and knock the Pats out in the Super Bowl.

Not a very imaginative prediction but I could see it.

What records is he setting? 

Mariota gained a perfect passer rating of 158.3, making him the first quarterback in NFL history to attain a perfect passer rating in his first regular season game. Mariota became the first quarterback in NFL history to throw 4 touchdown passes in the first half of his NFL debut.[53] He is also the youngest quarterback to reach the perfect passer rating (21 years, 318 days), surpassing Robert Griffin III. In Week 2 against 2012 Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel and the Cleveland Browns, Mariota completed 21 of his 37 passes for 257 yards and 2 touchdowns in the 28-14 loss. In week 3 Mariota played his first regular season home game. Against the Indianapolis Colts, Mariota completed 27 out of 44 passes for 367 yards with 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions in the 35-33 loss. Mariota became the Tennessee Titans youngest quarterback to throw for over 300 yards in a game. He also holds an NFL record for touchdown passes in his first 3 games (8). On November 8th, Mariota picked up his second career win and his first fourth-quarter/OT comeback in a 34-28 overtime win over the New Orleans Saints, a game in which Mariota threw for a career high 371 yards and four touchdowns. He also became the first rookie quarterback in NFL history to have 2 games with 4 touchdowns and no interceptions.

Hes completed 66%, 13 TDs, has 2xs the TDs to INTs. And  98 QB rating.  Not bad for a project pick

So he's basically calling for a repeat of 2011 all over again.  Giants are ok in the regular season, fight the Pats down to the wire in a mid-season game.  Throttle the Jets, get hot and knock the Pats out in the Super Bowl.

Not a very imaginative prediction but I could see it.

2007 and 2011.   Both years we played the Giants and lost. Had we won, they miss the playoffs. 

Mariota gained a perfect passer rating of 158.3, making him the first quarterback in NFL history to attain a perfect passer rating in his first regular season game. Mariota became the first quarterback in NFL history to throw 4 touchdown passes in the first half of his NFL debut.[53] He is also the youngest quarterback to reach the perfect passer rating (21 years, 318 days), surpassing Robert Griffin III. In Week 2 against 2012 Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel and the Cleveland Browns, Mariota completed 21 of his 37 passes for 257 yards and 2 touchdowns in the 28-14 loss. In week 3 Mariota played his first regular season home game. Against the Indianapolis Colts, Mariota completed 27 out of 44 passes for 367 yards with 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions in the 35-33 loss. Mariota became the Tennessee Titans youngest quarterback to throw for over 300 yards in a game. He also holds an NFL record for touchdown passes in his first 3 games (8). On November 8th, Mariota picked up his second career win and his first fourth-quarter/OT comeback in a 34-28 overtime win over the New Orleans Saints, a game in which Mariota threw for a career high 371 yards and four touchdowns. He also became the first rookie quarterback in NFL history to have 2 games with 4 touchdowns and no interceptions.

Hes completed 66%, 13 TDs, has 2xs the TDs to INTs. And  98 QB rating.  Not bad for a project pick

So, 1 record for 1 game.  I thought you meant he was actually breaking significant rookie records not just one flukey game.

He has been decent though.  Definitely a lot better than I expected. 

A lot of QB's look good until the league gets film on them.  Too early to tell but that record means nothing going forward. Good for the GM and scouts to pat themselves on the back for a couple days. .  Now it's meaningless. 

So, 1 record for 1 game.  I thought you meant he was actually breaking significant rookie records not just one flukey game.

He has been decent though.  Definitely a lot better than I expected. 

the record for 1 game-youngest to have a perfect rating, record for 4 TDs in the first half of his first game, record for most passes in his first three games, first rookie QB to have 2 games with 4 TDs and 0 picks. 

Thats not one record for one flakey game.  It's fairly significant given the knock of his lack of exp in a NFL type offense.  Especially since we're talking after only 7 games

A lot of QB's look good until the league gets film on them.  Too early to tell but that record means nothing going forward. Good for the GM and scouts to pat themselves on the back for a couple days. .  Now it's meaningless. 

if it's easy and a product of being young and unknown why is he setting records that other QBs, who were just as unknown after 7 games didn't set? 

The first TD Mariota threw against the Saints was pathetic.  I watched the "highlight" and it should have been intercepted.  It was pure luck, Tipped ball goes for long TD to Delanie Walker.  I was shocked he went on to have a good game.

ok, now we're into the quality of the TDs.  And luck. As if this never happens to others.  

if it's easy and a product of being young and unknown why is he setting records that other QBs, who were just as unknown after 7 games didn't set? 

Never said it was easy I just said it was meaningless.  The NFL keeps track of every stat and variety of a stat to make the game interesting and to  to feed fantasy football players (ie. new generation stats).  I'm sure Sanchez set some records his first two years with us winning playoff games or some blah blah blah shit.  Meant nothing about him going forward as a QB.  Its a neat thing for the player and the family but going forward means nothing about the player he will be.  Plus Im hateful of any team with a young potential franchise
QB so there is that.  LOL

the record for 1 game-youngest to have a perfect rating, record for 4 TDs in the first half of his first game, record for most record for most passes in first three games, first rookie QB to have 2 games with 4 TDs and 0 picks. 

Thats not one record for one flakey game.  Especially since we're talking after only 7 games

Not impressed with having a perfect rating. Geno Smith has one of those.

Not impressed with record for most passes.  So what? 

The 4 TD games are impressive for a rookie but can definitely be flukey.  First off, both of those games were vs. 2 of the worst pass D's in the league.  Everyone throws for 4 TD's vs. the Saints and one of those was a gift that should have been picked.  

He's hasnt looked very good when facing a good D but he's a baby.  Like I said, he's better than I expected. 

Not impressed with having a perfect rating. Geno Smith has one of those.

Not impressed with record for most passes.  So what? 

The 4 TD games are impressive for a rookie but can definitely be flukey.  First off, both of those games were vs. 2 of the worst pass D's in the league.  Everyone throws for 4 TD's vs. the Saints and one of those was a gift that should have been picked.  

He's hasnt looked very good when facing a good D but he's a baby.  Like I said, he's better than I expected. 

OK then.  Because you don't like him it's the one fluky record for one game.  It was a simple comment I wrote.  The same rule works for QBs and teams, you don't control your schedule.  And 99% of all high pick rookie QB are on shlt teams playing a weak schedule.  Yet only Mariota has these records. He looks a lot better than the project he was predicted to be. Has looked pretty damn good, he a rookie, not a vet.  Looked at least as good, if not better than Fitz against not the Bills, had his team winning late.

giving the kid some credit, not saying he'll be a HOFr

Archived