If we can't be Yates we don't deserve playoffs!

johnnyjet

cmon now TJ Yates .....really.  If we can t be him  we don't deserve the post season.  He was parking cars 3 weeks ago. 

no he wasn't? Didn't he take them to the playoffs in 2011? Yes... And they just beat the at the time undefeated Bengals equipped with WAYYY more weapons than us. Anything can happen any Sunday. If you watch football enough, you know this.

• Upvote 1

no he wasn't? Didn't he take them to the playoffs in 2011? Yes... And they just beat the at the time undefeated Bengals equipped with WAYYY more weapons than us. Anything can happen any Sunday. If you watch football enough, you know this.

To be fair, that win was much more down to the Houston D than the offense ... winning when you only score 10 is rare these days. (Rex would have loved it :)).

I'm more interested to see how our O plays in this game ... there were real signs of life in the Bills game that our run game was getting back on track, I want to see that continue, but we HAVE to limit the turnovers.

To be fair, that win was much more down to the Houston D than the offense ... winning when you only score 10 is rare these days. (Rex would have loved it :)).

I'm more interested to see how our O plays in this game ... there were real signs of life in the Bills game that our run game was getting back on track, I want to see that continue, but we HAVE to limit the turnovers.

our defense needs to make some plays this week.  While our defense was very solid vs the bills...their D made things happen and ours didn't.  I'd like to see 1-2 turnovers because I know we are good for that many...

They backed into the playoffs under Yates in 2011.  He lost in Weeks 15 and 16 that season, with the offense only putting up 13 and 16 points in those games.  He was benched for Jake Delhomme in Week 17.  Delhomme got hurt late in the game, forcing Yates into action for the playoffs.

Then, in his 2 postseason games that year, he completed just 28 of 55 throws (50.9 %) for 343 yards, with 1 TD and 3 picks.  

He's been reduced to a backup role in Houston ever since.  When he filled in against Cincinnati on Monday night, he only completed 5 of 11 throws.  His defense won that game, not T.J. F-ing Yates.

• Upvote 2

Just read this too:

Yates and the Texans coaching staff spent parts of Tuesday and Wednesday picking plays from the team's playbook with which the quarterback's most comfortable, the Texans' official site reports. "Me and Coach O'Brien and Coach Godsey talked already this week of plays that I'm comfortable with, plays I've run in the weeks past and stuff, trying to put together a game plan I'm comfortable with," Yates said.

I know this is basically standard procedure when a guy gets thrust in there.  But it also sounds very Sanchez-esque nonetheless.

Bengals couldnt beat him but beat everyone else...do they not deserve to make the playoffs either?

A little different with the Jets having a week to prepare and the Jets having extra rest (playing last thursday) and the Texans playing on short rest. There is really ZERo excuse for the Jets to lose this game. Even Hopkins is missing practice this week. 

Interesting. A lot of experts are taking the Jets this week. Vegas has them 2.5 point favorites on the road. 

Very odd, because I thought people would be jumping on the Texans bandwagon. I guess the thinking is the same after we beat Indy. Banged up, short week. Jets coming off of an extended break. Texans offense did not do well against Bengals defense.

I also wonder if without Hoyer, they will be more conservative with their game plan. Yates is a solid backup, but...

Edited by UnitedWhofans

A little different with the Jets having a week to prepare and the Jets having extra rest (playing last thursday) and the Texans playing on short rest. There is really ZERo excuse for the Jets to lose this game. Even Hopkins is missing practice this week. 

wait, wait, wait...the 8-0 bengals hold the Texans to 10 points and lose...despite Miami hanging 44 points on the same defense a couple weeks earlier, and it's okay that they lost to the Texans with TJ Yayes at QB...but there's no excuse for the Jets?  Huh, makes sense to not me...

wait, wait, wait...the 8-0 bengals hold the Texans to 10 points and lose...despite Miami hanging 44 points on the same defense a couple weeks earlier, and it's okay that they lost to the Texans with TJ Yayes at QB...but there's no excuse for the Jets?  Huh, makes sense to not me...

I actually lean on the side of the opposite. Yates was 5/11 for 69 yards and a TD (which was a spectacular catch by the WR Hopkins) against Cincy. 

We should be able to stop Yates and their offense. The question should be whether we can score on the Texans stout defense. 

• Upvote 2

I actually lean on the side of the opposite. Yates was 5/11 for 69 yards and a TD (which was a spectacular catch by the WR Hopkins) against Cincy. 

We should be able to stop Yates and their offense. The question should be whether we can score on the Texans stout defense. 

why are you concerned?  Haven't you blindly bought into Fitzmagic, Especially after last week's spectacular showing?

im going to have a hard time watching another week of a 86 year vet staring down WRs, missing decker run wide open on a clear out route (shouldnt you throw it to the guy the middle of the field was cleared out for, not force the ball to an injured well covered Marshall), and essentially look like Geno Smith 2.0 much longer...we're seeing some bad habits from Fitz lately...

All I have to say is: with Pryor back, Cro healthy, and the extra rest, this defense better SHUT DOWN the Texans.  I'm talking less than 200 total yards of offense.  There is no reason the crap the Texans have at QB and with Hopkins banged up and no Arian Foster that they should put up decent yardage or points.

why are you concerned?  Haven't you blindly bought into Fitzmagic, Especially after last week's spectacular showing?

im going to have a hard time watching another week of a 86 year vet staring down WRs, missing decker run wide open on a clear out route (shouldnt you throw it to the guy the middle of the field was cleared out for, not force the ball to an injured well covered Marshall), and essentially look like Geno Smith 2.0 much longer...we're seeing some bad habits from Fitz lately...

He's having a very solid season.

All I have to say is: with Pryor back, Cro healthy, and the extra rest, this defense better SHUT DOWN the Texans.  I'm talking less than 200 total yards of offense.  There is no reason the crap the Texans have at QB and with Hopkins banged up and no Arian Foster that they should put up decent yardage or points.

Forget yardage. Yardage means nothing in today's NFL. Points are what matters.

He's having a very solid season.

that's what fins fans say about Tannehill every year...then December comes.

well, if the fact he hasn't beat a team with a winning record since 2011 doesn't bother you, and he continues to under perform in big moments doesn't bother our easy to please fan base (sarcasm), I guess he's fine...

Why do I feel like we will not win another game this year?

Because we both know how historically, the Jets have always allowed backup quarterbacks to shine. I always remember the year we we were going to be playing the Seahawks and we always had trouble with lefty Jim Zorn, the guy would KILL us it seemed. Then, we finally get a break and Zorn is going to miss the Jets game and the guy who is going to fill in for him was the rookie, and once starting QB for "Little Milton College", a nobody named Dave Krieg. Turns out the back-up KILLS the vaunted Jets' defense on his way to a hall of fame career. That's why-these are 'our" beloved Jets Sal-the lovable losers

• Upvote 1

that's what fins fans say about Tannehill every year...then December comes.

well, if the fact he hasn't beat a team with a winning record since 2011 doesn't bother you, and he continues to under perform in big moments doesn't bother our easy to please fan base (sarcasm), I guess he's fine...

HE BEAT THE BILLS LAST YEAR WHEN THEY WERE 2-1 and went 9-7. I already disproved this before.

• Upvote 1