Peyton Manning off the grid. Leaves the Broncos

Matt39

Peyton Manning is out of the lineup and off the grid for the Denver Broncos.

Palmer has spoken to more than two dozen Broncos players. Each one has said they've heard of no timetable for a potential Manning return. Teammates don't even know the specifics of Manning's injury issues, though several assumed the foot is the primary concern.NFL Media's James Palmer reported on NFL Network's TNF Gameday that Manning, who has been ruled out of Sunday's matchup against the Bears, hasn't attended any practices or meetings this week and hasn't had a single conversation about Sunday's game plan with Brock Osweiler, the fourth-year quarterback set to make his first career start.

According to Palmer, Broncos coach Gary Kubiak prefers Manning puts his full focus on treatment and getting healthy. Denver officials haven't decided if Manning will make the trip to Chicago this weekend.

On the Monday, Kubiak and Manning will sit down and determine whether he is healthy enough to play against Tom Brady and the undefeated New England Patriots on Nov. 29.

I have always loved that Manning could keep it the talk about Brady in check "some" but I don't want the guy either seriously injured or just hanging on. 

I want Manning happy and going out or continuing on his own terms.  He has been one of the truly great QBs of all time and always, IMO, conducted himself with a great deal of dignity and respect for the game.

I really hope that he is ok.....

I have always loved that Manning could keep it the talk about Brady in check "some" but I don't want the guy either seriously injured or just hanging on. 

I want Manning happy and going out or continuing on his own terms.  He has been one of the truly great QBs of all time and always, IMO, conducted himself with a great deal of dignity and respect for the game.

I really hope that he is ok.....

unlike the scumbag and the cheater

Doesnt sound like hes taking his benching very well.  Hes delusional if he cant realize that he cant play the position anymore.

yeah because after throwing 95 TD the past 2 years he finally fell off a cliff ? Give me a break .Kubiack is the issue and he should have just let Manning run the offense the same way he's been running it for the past 18 years. Kubiak is an Idiot and a team that was built to win the SB now has to **** with a proven vet that could have got them there quite easily with that defense. No word on how Kubiacks wonderful running game stinks

yeah because after throwing 95 TD the past 2 years he finally fell off a cliff ? Give me a break .Kubiack is the issue and he should have just let Manning run the offense the same way he's been running it for the past 18 years. Kubiak is an Idiot and a team that was built to win the SB now has to **** with a proven vet that could have got them there quite easily with that defense. No word on how Kubiacks wonderful running game stinks

So its Kubiak's fault that Manning's passes have more air under them than punts?

It was always more about the blocking schemes that Kubiak employs-borderline crooked on EVERY play. It's actually a smart way to do business, if you're into finding ways to beat the system (IOW=cheat) you either hold use cutbacks or block low on EVERY offensive play and it's almost like a pitcher figuring out an ump's strike zone because they can't call a penalty on EVERY play. New England as we all well know holds on pretty much every play and they get away with it. Same thing with Kubiak, how can any back he plugs in back there, how is it that they ALWAYS rush for a grand-I mean he picked a guy up from the army and HE ran for a thousand  

So its Kubiak's fault that Manning's passes have more air under them than punts?

they have been that way for 5 freakin years its why Manning started going more with the ball control short pass/Slant type offense..... he knew his limitations and adapted

It is really Elway. Elway wants them to play the offense he won two super bowls with despite the fact it really does not translate to the modern NFL. And Manning DID sort of fall off a cliff at the end of last year and has not seemed to recover.

Archived