STOP defending a max 6 win QB

Villain The Foe

I said during the offseason and in the preseason. And though I supported Fitz when the season started, it was because he's a Jet. 

I said it time and time again, no matter how great this guy starts a season he has NEVER....EVER, had more than 6 wins in a season in his 11 year career. The man went 4-1 and all of the Anti-Geno guys (because they're really not Fitz fans, lets be serious here) was living it up. Even then I said it, and though I was being sensible people said that I and others were hating and all this other crap. I went as far as even showing the guys professional history and showed how this isnt the first time he went 4-1 and ended the season losing the rest of the games except 1. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick is NOT the guy currently on this football team. Geno Smith needs to start, period. You dont have to like it. Fitzpatrick provided the naysayers with their opportunity and the Jets are 1-4 after the hot 4-1 start. This should not have been a surprise to anyone who would just LOOK. In comparison to Fitz/Geno, people trashed Geno who's been in the league for just 2 full seasons yet overlook a decade worth of mediocrity because it was in a different NFL Jersey. 

To end this, we should have traded for Mike Glennon. 

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you and I don't really like Geno. No way Fitz isn't under center next week.

Which is a damn shame. Fitz was obviously not right after that TD run yet the coaching staff sent him back out there to throw 2 consecutive INT's. They sent him out there after he broke his hand then sent him out there after surgery. 

NOTHING this coaching staff has done the past month has been correct. 

Fitz is the best we have on the Roster. we were missing our top 3 players for the majority or all of the game. we don't need multiple fire fitz threads every single week.

We don't know if he's the best we have on the roster.  Hopefully they'll make the switch to Geno if for nothing else to decide what needs to be done in the off season.

I said during the offseason and in the preseason. And though I supported Fitz when the season started, it was because he's a Jet. 

I said it time and time again, no matter how great this guy starts a season he has NEVER....EVER, had more than 6 wins in a season in his 11 year career. The man went 4-1 and all of the Anti-Geno guys (because they're really not Fitz fans) was living it up. Even then I said it, and though I was being sensible people said that I and others were hating and all this other crap. I went as far as even showing the guys professional history and showed how this isnt the first time he went 4-1 and ended the season losing the rest of the games except 1. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick is NOT the guy currently on this football team. Geno Smith needs to start, period. You dont have to like it. Fitzpatrick provided the naysayers with their opportunity and the Jets are 1-4 after the hot 4-1 start. This should not have been a surprise to anyone who would just LOOK. In comparison to Fitz/Geno, people trashed Geno who's been in the league for just 2 full seasons yet overlook a decade worth of mediocrity because it was in a different NFL Jersey. 

To end this, we should have traded for Mike Glennon. 

He only worse as the weather gets colder, too.  There's no turning this thing around.

Our best QB on the roster who couldnt beat out Geno smith without IK. 

okay buddy. 

Geno has been healthy for a few weeks now...they decide to play Fitz over Geno 9 days after Fitz has thumb surgery...do you really think Geno is the better QB? because obviously the people who get paid to evaluate talent and the people who see these guys every day think Fitz is better.

Geno has been healthy for a few weeks now...they decide to play Fitz over Geno 9 days after Fitz has thumb surgery...do you really think Geno is the better QB? because obviously the people who get paid to evaluate talent and the people who see these guys every day think Fitz is better.

Caoching staff sucks Bowles Gailey special teams clown dont even know his name 

He just hits a wall.  I flipped.  Was in the Geno boat but Fitz won me over.  The guy we talked about preseason is now here and I agree, I'd let Geno get the rest of the season.  The offense needs to find a spark and this season was supposed to be about seeing what Geno has in a new system with better weapons.

Dropping 4 of 5 and Fitz being terrible in most them, especially the last 2, see if you can catch lightening I'ma bottle with a more dynamic player in Geno. 

Fitz is head and shoulders the best quarterback on this. If the season takes a disastrous turn (today was a great start) then I wouldn't be opposed to Petty getting some starts.

The only team Geno should quarterback is a Canadian league team. Although I see him more effective on the maintenance team at a local supermarket.

He just hits a wall.  I flipped.  Was in the Geno boat but Fitz won me over.  The guy we talked about preseason is now here and I agree, I'd let Geno get the rest of the season.  The offense needs to find a spark and this season was supposed to be about seeing what Geno has in a new system with better weapons.

Dropping 4 of 5 and Fitz being terrible in most them, especially the last 2, see if you can catch lightening I'ma bottle with a more dynamic player in Geno. 

fitzy looks like a UF QB lol, hopefully bama will be there  in atlanta to play you

Fitz is the best we have on the Roster. we were missing our top 3 players for the majority or all of the game. we don't need multiple fire fitz threads every single week.

All teams have to deal with injuries ... it's part of the game, not an excuse.

If we can't play on offense because Mangold is out, then we really have a problem.

D Line had Williams, Wilkerson and Harrison, even without Richardson.

Revis wasn't exactly playing his best before he left either.

Injuries are not the reason we lose, we lose because we're still lacking talent in too many places.

who is defending him? Everyone is just saying he is the best available, there are a lot of problems with this team, QB is one of them.

At this point, I think its time to play Geno and see if he is just complete garbage, or has any future whatsoever. The season is over, most this team is winning at this point is 7 game, put Geno in and either hope he shows some maturity, or tanks the season and get a better draft pick.

Coaching is a big problem too, Gailey is AWFUL, and Bowles takes plenty of blame for hiring him and his own crap.

So it must ultimately be that its because Fitz is better and not it being bad decision making? Let me ask you, what has these decisions done for the Jets since mid october? 

I agree. 

Furthermore, if this was Geno Smith at the helm the ENTIRE JETS NATION would be calling for Fitz/Petty/anyone to start right now. Fitz did what he had to do in the beginning. I felt that we should have put in Geno even when we were 4-1, but I understood that you dont mess with chemistry. 

Today however, where is the chemistry? So if Chemistry was the excuse then then chemistry should be the same exact excuse from moving on and trying something different. 

who is defending him? Everyone is just saying he is the best available, there are a lot of problems with this team, QB is one of them.

At this point, I think its time to play Geno and see if he is just complete garbage, or has any future whatsoever. The season is over, most this team is winning at this point is 7 game, put Geno in and either hope he shows some maturity, or tanks the season and get a better draft pick.

Coaching is a big problem too, Gailey is AWFUL, and Bowles takes plenty of blame for hiring him and his own crap.

Saying that he is the "best available" is the defense. He's not. He didnt show it during the offseason because Geno Smith was noticeably better via reports. When Geno went into that oakland game he put up Fitz-type numbers, the difference is that he was cold coming into the game and had zero reps the entire season with the starting group....yet he played just as well as what we've seen from Fitz in that circumstance, so how is Fitz obviously the "best available"???

That's a term used to defend this guy in order not to see another guy play. Thats all it is. Im not saying that you do it, Im saying that its being done.  

We need a QB.  We don't have one.  Geno sucks.  Fitz is a warrior but he's mediocre on his best day.  Who knows what Petty is.  I personally would like Geno to start just to shut up the minions that think he's an NFL QB. 6 games left and if Geno starts all 6 we will win maybe 1.  WE NEED A QB!

Fitzpatrick is the WORST QB in the NFL those that support him have 0 football knowledge

Close

Yes. The absolute worst QB in the NFL IS on the Jets but fortunate Gackass Geno, the love of your life is on the bench where he belongs

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Fitz is head and shoulders the best quarterback on this. If the season takes a disastrous turn (today was a great start) then I wouldn't be opposed to Petty getting some starts.

The only team Geno should quarterback is a Canadian league team. Although I see him more effective on the maintenance team at a local supermarket.

head and shoulders? How did you get to that conclusion? I seen Geno put up "Fitz-like" numbers going into that oakland game cold and with zero reps with the first team the entire year. I didnt see Fitzpatrick separate himself during the offseason, all of the reports stated that Geno looked noticeably better did it not? 

Where are you getting this, or are you just not interested in seeing Geno Smith? 

I'm not defending him. He's an average QB. He's not great, not even good.

But I prefer him as a leader over Geno Smith. I would go to war with Fitz over Geno. Might lost with both, but I would feel more safe with Fitz than Geno.

It's not about the ability. Geno has better ability. It's about the leadership

Saying that he is the "best available" is the defense. He's not. He didnt show it during the offseason because Geno Smith was noticeably better via reports. When Geno went into that oakland game he put up Fitz-type numbers, the difference is that he was cold coming into the game and had zero reps the entire season with the starting group....yet he played just as well as what we've seen from Fitz in that circumstance, so how is Fitz obviously the "best available"???

That's a term used to defend this guy in order not to see another guy play. Thats all it is. Im not saying that you do it, Im saying that its being done.  

Fitz was hurt coming into camp, Geno was healthy. Geno lost the job due to his own fault, which is part of the reason Fitz is the best option available. Basing your opinion on the Oakland game when he played like crap and showed his normal moronic ways again, and happened to move the ball against a prevent D who was up by a huge amount, is a ridiculous argument.  Geno sucks, he always has sucked. Its time to play him to verify he still sucks, not to save the season, The reality is the team has a lot of problems, Geno does not fix those problems. Marshall is clearly hurt, Ivory is not the same, the Oline sucks, and the offensive playcalling is offensive. If you think Geno is going to come in under those circumstances and succeed, I have a  guy from Nigeria who emailed me trying to give me $100k in paypal, I can point him in your direction.

I'm not defending him. He's an average QB. He's not great, not even good.

But I prefer him as a leader over Geno Smith. I would go to war with Fitz over Geno. Might lost with both, but I would feel more safe with Fitz than Geno.

Fitz would be packing your fudge in a fox hole cowering down shaking and trembling crying asking you if his beard looks good.

Archived