STOP defending a max 6 win QB

Villain The Foe

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's worse, the original post or all of those likes?

Jesus wept. Fitz has put this team on his back. He's been better than I thought he'd be and I was talking him up the second he was available.

For a guy who knew he was coming in as a short term fix, he's been absolutely phenomenal. Impossible not to really like the guy too. Leaves it all out there, throwing himself forward for extra yards and making clutch plays. Gamer. 

It's fair. But this performance leaves no doubt. Ryan Fitzpatrick is the starting QB for this team. He has the popular vote in that clubhouse. His performance has been fantastic the last two weeks when we have needed it.

His performance is still suspect to me. Has he has a great 2 weeks? Yeah. Is all 7 wins the Jets have against teams with losing records? Yes. Every team that we played that either had a winning record or was in direct competition with us for a playoff spot we lost to. 

Next week Fitz could have very well have a great game against a 3-9 Titans team next week and get his 8th win and I will receive another "bump" on this thread from my troll friend. And I will sit here and not be surprised that we beat 8 poor teams on our schedule. Fitz could have a good team the following week against the 3-8 Cowboys, then I will get a bump on my thread. 

My problem is this, we need to beat "good" teams, which we havent beaten a good team this year. Record wise we probably had the easiest schedule in the NFL and with that still had a stint where we went 1-4 (when playing either good teams or teams seeking a AFC playoff). 

Until I see Fitz win these games then I will continue to have my doubts. Going 7-5 against sub .500 teams is good for our record, but nothing that I can say im impressed about in regards to this particular conversation. 

It is what it is. 

"Start Geno. Fitz can't won't more than 6 games"

Ouch. Just enjoy the games OP, and stick to Madden

Madden sucks, but not as bad as the 7 teams with the losing records that the Jets have beaten. Atleast we have the 3-9 Titans and 3-9 Cowboys for our next two games. 

Still waiting for us to get a victory against a team worthy of the current hype and thread bumping that im currently seeing. You know, like a team better than .500

His performance is still suspect to me. Has he has a great 2 week? Yeah. Is all 7 wins the Jets have against teams with losing records? Yes. Every team that we played that either had a winning record or was in direct competition with us for a playoff spot we lost to. 

Next week Fitz could have very well have a great game against a 3-9 Titans team next week and get his 8th win and I will receiver another "bump" on this thread from my troll friend. And I will sit here and not be surprised that we beat 8 poor teams on our schedule. Fitz could have a good team the following week against the 3-8 Cowboys, then I will get a bump on my thread. 

My problem is this, we need to beat "good" teams, which we havent beaten a good team this year. Record wise we probably had the easiest schedule in the NFL and with that still had a stint where we went 1-4 (when playing either good teams or teams seeking a AFC playoff). 

Until I see Fitz win these games then I will continue to have my doubts. Going 7-5 against sub .500 teams is good for our record, but nothing that I can say im impressed about in regards to this particular conversation. 

It is what it is. 

"You are what your record says you are."

Bill Parcells

I couldn't care less that we haven't beaten a winning team. The schedule is what it is. And you have to play the teams that are on there.

"You are what your record says you are."

Bill Parcells

I couldn't care less that we haven't beaten a winning team. The schedule is what it is. And you have to play the teams that are on there.

This is true, but when we're talking about a "QB" and not our record, then I must take into consideration the competition that QB is playing against. And im not impressed. 

But like I said, Its good to see that Fitz finally surpassed 6 wins in a season. 

Madden sucks, but not as bad as the 7 teams with the losing records that the Jets have beaten. Atleast we have the 3-9 Titans and 3-9 Cowboys for our next two games. 

Still waiting for us to get a victory against a team worthy of the current hype and thread bumping that im currently seeing. You know, like a team better than .500

Come on man. You're sounding so bitter. The quarterback play has been much better than any fan could have expected. That, and the team performing well (yes, they have), is more important than your ego and being "right". 

J-E-T-S

Archived