STOP defending a max 6 win QB

Villain The Foe

What's worse, the original post or all of those likes?

Jesus wept. Fitz has put this team on his back. He's been better than I thought he'd be and I was talking him up the second he was available.

For a guy who knew he was coming in as a short term fix, he's been absolutely phenomenal. Impossible not to really like the guy too. Leaves it all out there, throwing himself forward for extra yards and making clutch plays. Gamer. 

Holy sh*t. I liked it...

I'm a dick.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

going to be expensive to resign him and Ivory at this point..

I don't think it'll be too bad, and if forced to choose, I think the QB is the easy choice.

Fitz isn't going to give a "hometown discount" but it's advantageous to him to stay put unless someone gives him preposterous money, which I don't see happening, as there aren't many teams that are Ryan Fitzpatrick away from a Super Bowl.

Ivory... What's the market for what will be a 28 year old RB who struggles to stay on the field?  Nice player, but don't see anyone giving him enough money that it makes leaving make sense, should the Jets want to keep him.

Yuk.  This team is notorious for reading its own press and laying a turd the next game.  We are much better when they hate on us or even better when we are dismissed.

I normally subscribe to this notion, but the Giants game was different.  This was really the first time they came back from a legitimate deficit, and they were pretty much pegged as a team that could not come back if they fell behind early.  There were countless opportunities for the Giants to really put us away besides the obvious Coughlin blunder.  Other than a couple really big mistakes in covg on defense they played stout under some immense pressure thanks to piss poor special teams and Ivory's turnover.  This felt more like a team who actually found they are capable of overcoming, which may just be that last boost of confidence they need to really start believing in themselves and begin playing great football.  I like Bowles a lot, but one admission I do have is the feeling that the team really doesn't have a pulse at times overall.  I know emotion can be a double edge sword, but it is also a powerful weapon when used in the right doses, and I felt like the Giants game gave this team a good shot of it to start feeling "big" when it really counts now in December. 

I don't think it'll be too bad, and if forced to choose, I think the QB is the easy choice.

Fitz isn't going to give a "hometown discount" but it's advantageous to him to stay put unless someone gives him preposterous money, which I don't see happening, as there aren't many teams that are Ryan Fitzpatrick away from a Super Bowl.

Ivory... What's the market for what will be a 28 year old RB who struggles to stay on the field?  Nice player, but don't see anyone giving him enough money that it makes leaving make sense, should the Jets want to keep him.

Ivory's last deal was 3/10 I believe. Another like that should be easy to do. Considering the Jets have zero RBs under contract after this year, it's pretty plausible they bring back both Powell, Ivory and then draft someone.

I've flipped back and forth on this topic.  Before the season, I wanted to see what Geno could do with a totally revamped offense.  After the first 6 games, huge man crush on Fitz. Then the offense, team and him started slipping so I thought giving Geno a look would be a good idea.  I'm glad Todd Bolwes stuck with his guns and the leader of this team and doesnt listen to knee jerk idiot fans like myself.  Fitz has balled that past few weeks and was as clutch as I've ever seen a Jets QB yesterday.

When was the last time you watched a Jets team overcome a 10 point deficit with 10 to go? 

Fitz is the man.  Bottom line.  I'm all for watching another season or 2 of Fitz while we search for a QB.  He's just a gamer and puts it all on the line.  He's impossible not to root for and I honestly feel like the Jets can go toe to toe with anyone with Fitz under center.  Not because he's some great player or anything like that but because he's what this team needs right now.  He's an extension of his Head Coach.  Cool, calm and collected.  Perfect leader for this team.  Do I wish he had a better skill set?  Hell yes.  But with the state of the AFC, Fitz is good enough as long as everything else is clicking on this team.  And apparently, he does have a little magic in him and can put the team on his back. And yesterday wasnt the first time we've seen it.

Go Jets!!!  Go Fitzmagic!!!

This isn't the same old Jets give them the props they deserve. 

Before Sunday the Giants were inferior in every dept not QB, according to numerous posts and threads around here.

Jets got manhandled all day and won on a HC's brainflub and a shanked FG. 

Just some perspective ...

Before Sunday the Giants were inferior in every dept not QB, according to numerous posts and threads around here.

Teams make mistakes the Giants did yesterday good teams take advantage of those mistakes and win games. 

For years QB play has cost us many games. 

Fitzpatrcik might not be the flashy QB type but he is getting the job done. 

Teams make mistakes the Giants did yesterday good teams take advantage of those mistakes and win games. 

For years QB play has cost us many games. 

Fitzpatrcik might not be the flashy QB type but he is getting the job done. 

Fitz is a winner when he wants to be. He proved that years ago in Buffalo. 

Just seemed that after he signed the $59M deal in 2011 his mission was accomplished and his goal was to stay employed, nothing more.

I definitely appreciate him over Geno, Sanchez, Pennington, ...

Manhandled?

100 more yards, more yards passing, more yards rushing.  10 minutes more TOP.  Manhandled?  The Jets should have crushed them.  We are all killing Coughlin today, but if the Jets didn't pull that out, Bowles would deserve some serious scrutiny.

Fitz + plus the defense go hand in hand for our success.  Fitz cannot move the offense down the field quickly so in a case like yesterday our drives take a little bit of time to get us in the redzone.  When we got the fg it was up to the defense to get us the ball back quickly,  

It was a great win.  Although we were down 10 it just seemed like it was more.

lol lame bump. 

Fitz's record against .500 teams is like 3-30, and this season he's done nothing to change. Lets shelve the "Fitzmagic" talk for another 2 weeks. NE in our house. Then let's revisit. 

Yeah, lets not get excited about our QB staging a 4th quarter comeback, down 10 with 10 to go.  Jets fans see that sh*t all the time.  Especially vs. the Giants, who they havent beaten since 1993.

Go weep somewhere else.  

With the number of QB FA available, I think we can resign him at a reasonable rate; especially as he is relatively up there; also, he plays better under Gailey and will likely want to stay, but who knows.

Archived