STOP defending a max 6 win QB

Villain The Foe

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before Sunday the Giants were inferior in every dept not QB, according to numerous posts and threads around here.

Jets got manhandled all day and won on a HC's brainflub and a shanked FG. 

Just some perspective ...

Really what game were you watching. The Giants had two big plays (punt return, 10 yard slant taken 77 yards). Otherwise the Jets dominated the game.

lol lame bump. 

Fitz's record against .500 teams is like 3-30, and this season he's done nothing to change. Lets shelve the "Fitzmagic" talk for another 2 weeks. NE in our house. Then let's revisit. 

lol. Its futile to even try at this point. There's plenty of GIF's floating around saying that I was wrong yet it seems like you're the only one who also notices the record lol. As I told JIF a second ago, they're like piranhas right now. Everyone waiting in line to get their turn at the sh*t talk meanwhile Fitz and the Jets havent beaten an above .500 yet.  Fitz has had the easiest schedule I've ever seen the Jets have as a fan, yet with that we're 7-5, lost to every above .500 team as well as every team battling for a playoff spot. 

I dont think Fitz is giving out magic, but more like cocaine because these guys are obviously high. Its one thing to root for your team but when you're talking about a specific player, in particular your QB nothing here gives indication that this guy has changed a thing. We've beat up on bad teams, even lost to bad teams and lost to every good team. 

We have 4 more games left, hopefully Fitz can put together a way to beat the Pats and Bills. I really dont care if he throws 290 yards and 3 TD's against the Titans and a injury riddled Cowboys team. 

lol lame bump. 

Fitz's record against .500 teams is like 3-30, and this season he's done nothing to change. Lets shelve the "Fitzmagic" talk for another 2 weeks. NE in our house. Then let's revisit. 

He is 2-1 against teams leading their divisions.  I am cool with shelving Fitzmagic.  They are not that great and it's pretty lame anyway, but the talk was he can't win more than 6 games.  He has won 7.  It would appear that alleged curse has been lifted.

The Jets have several holes to fill for 2016; one of them is the starting/future QB (if it isn't Petty).  Yes we beat weak teams and lost to weak teams, but he has played his heart out.  And, playing within his limitations has helped us win 7 games.  Most importantly, he has never given up, he played us back from behind (with a critical run), and hasn't panicked.  We don't have Brady/Rodgers/Ben; this is what we are right now, and winning the games we can is all we can do.

He is 2-1 against teams leading their divisions.  I am cool with shelving Fitzmagic.  They are not that great and it's pretty lame anyway, but the talk was he can't win more than 6 games.  He has won 7.  It would appear that alleged curse has been lifted.

The talk actually was he "hasnt" won more than 6 games.....ever (prior to yesterday) yet you guys bailed on Geno though he's won more games in his rookie season than Fitz has yet to amass. 

That was actually the talk. 

Manhandled?

100 more yards, more yards passing, more yards rushing.  10 minutes more TOP.  Manhandled?  The Jets should have crushed them.  We are all killing Coughlin today, but if the Jets didn't pull that out, Bowles would deserve some serious scrutiny.

Really what game were you watching. The Giants had two big plays (punt return, 10 yard slant taken 77 yards). Otherwise the Jets dominated the game.

Jets never lead after the 1st QTR. They really "dominated" ... LOL

Did either one of you watch the game or just read the boxscore?

This year the team was built to play great defense, run the ball and have a QB who can manage the game and not make the mistakes that our previous QB's were making.  In comes Fitz.  A limited armed QB but a smart guy who can manage an offense in a familiar scheme.  What has gone wrong is that our defense has looked really bad in some games and our running game has stalled.  Fitz was not brought here to throw 50 passes a game. Hoping for 20td's would have been a stretch.  Look at him now.  

I've flipped back and forth on this topic.  Before the season, I wanted to see what Geno could do with a totally revamped offense.  After the first 6 games, huge man crush on Fitz. Then the offense, team and him started slipping so I thought giving Geno a look would be a good idea.  I'm glad Todd Bolwes stuck with his guns and the leader of this team and doesnt listen to knee jerk idiot fans like myself.  Fitz has balled that past few weeks and was as clutch as I've ever seen a Jets QB yesterday.

When was the last time you watched a Jets team overcome a 10 point deficit with 10 to go? 

Fitz is the man.  Bottom line.  I'm all for watching another season or 2 of Fitz while we search for a QB.  He's just a gamer and puts it all on the line.  He's impossible not to root for and I honestly feel like the Jets can go toe to toe with anyone with Fitz under center.  Not because he's some great player or anything like that but because he's what this team needs right now.  He's an extension of his Head Coach.  Cool, calm and collected.  Perfect leader for this team.  Do I wish he had a better skill set?  Hell yes.  But with the state of the AFC, Fitz is good enough as long as everything else is clicking on this team.  And apparently, he does have a little magic in him and can put the team on his back. And yesterday wasnt the first time we've seen it.

Go Jets!!!  Go Fitzmagic!!!

So, wait a minute... You changed your opinion and your mind as the situation evolved and new evidence presented itself?!?!?!?!?

WHAT IS THIS DEMONRY?!?!?!

lol. Its futile to even try at this point. There's plenty of GIF's floating around saying that I was wrong yet it seems like you're the only one who also notices the record lol. As I told JIF a second ago, they're like piranhas right now. Everyone waiting in line to get their turn at the sh*t talk meanwhile Fitz and the Jets havent beaten an above .500 yet.  Fitz has had the easiest schedule I've ever seen the Jets have as a fan, yet with that we're 7-5, lost to every above .500 team as well as every team battling for a playoff spot

I dont think Fitz is giving out magic, but more like cocaine because these guys are obviously high. Its one thing to root for your team but when you're talking about a specific player, in particular your QB nothing here gives indication that this guy has changed a thing. We've beat up on bad teams, even lost to bad teams and lost to every good team. 

We have 4 more games left, hopefully Fitz can put together a way to beat the Pats and Bills. I really dont care if he throws 290 yards and 3 TD's against the Titans and a injury riddled Cowboys team. 

The Redskins, Giants and Colts are all "battling for a playoff spot"  In fact, the Redskins and Colts are currently leading their divisions.  This may not be anything to be so proud of, but they have won more than six games.  If that's a fact, tell me.  Am I lying?

lol lame bump. 

You're right.  No reason to be excited for a QB that's on pace for 4000 yards and 30 TD's.  Not at all.  You remind me of people on FB talking politics.  No matter which side you're on, no matter how good something someone from the other side does, you have to consistently hate it because that's the stance of your party.  You are in the staunch "I hate Fitzpatrick" party.  Nothing is going to change that for you, just like your rants are not going to change anyone's opinions.  To be honest there was never an "I love Fitzpatrick" party either.  It's more of the "my God I may become violently ill if I ever see Geno again" party. 

The Redskins, Giants and Colts are all "battling for a playoff spot"  In fact, the Redskins and Colts are currently leading their divisions.  This may not be anything to be so proud of, but they have won more than six games.  If that's a fact, tell me.  Am I lying?

No you're not lying, but my bad, I should have been more specific for you. I've said it prior times but maybe you didnt read those. I specifically meant AFC playoff spots and our losses to AFC teams either looking to take our spot or maintain their own. 

We lost to the Bills, Oakland, Patriots and Texans. All games coming after October 25th (pretty much November) during the time where the playoff picture really begins to take form. 

Redskins/Giants are NFC Teams, we beat the Colts week 2 of the season. Generally speaking, the Playoff picture isnt even thought about until the month of October. 

We beat the Fins twice, but it's pretty obvious that they're not in the playoff picture, if they were you would have mentioned them....but you mention a week 2 victory in mid September?  

No you're not lying, but my bad, I should have been more specific for you. I've said it prior times but maybe you didnt read those. I specifically meant AFC playoff spots and our losses to AFC teams either looking to take our spot or maintain their own. 

We lost to the Bills, Oakland, Patriots and Texans. All games coming after October 25th (pretty much November) during the time where the playoff picture really begins to take form. 

Redskins/Giants are NFC Teams, we beat the Colts week 2 of the season. Generally speaking, the Playoff picture isnt even thought about until the month of October. 

Actually the playoff picture really doesn't start taking shape until December, but you go ahead keep trying to save the anchor on your sinking ship.

This is so ridiculous.

We'd all like a QB that's better than Fitzpatrick.  But, that feeling is not mutually exclusive to recognizing that he's doing a reasonably good, and better than expected job this year, and especially over the last two games since a particularly poor one in Houston.

Also, we'd all like to be in the conversation of best teams in the league.  But, that feeling is not mutually exclusive to enjoying the fact that we're playing meaningful football in December.  Even if we don't make the playoffs, or even if we do and can't reasonably stack up with the true Super Bowl contenders.

Are we done here?

This is so ridiculous.

We'd all like a QB that's better than Fitzpatrick.  But, that feeling is not mutually exclusive to recognizing that he's doing a reasonably good, and better than expected job this year, and especially over the last two games since a particularly poor one in Houston.

Also, we'd all like to be in the conversation of best teams in the league.  But, that feeling is not mutually exclusive to enjoying the fact that we're playing meaningful football in December.  Even if we don't make the playoffs, or even if we do and can't reasonably stack up with the true Super Bowl contenders.

Are we done here?

I didnt bump the thread, Im just not running from what I said, so I hope you're not directing that towards me. Im not the dozens of people here taking their turn to give out shots. 

Im just here standing my position, but I was in the game thread given out praise and respect when it was due. Not my fault Rutgers had to wait the entire month of November given our 1-4 downturn to finally get his opportunity to troll. lol.

Yeah, lets not get excited about our QB staging a 4th quarter comeback, down 10 with 10 to go.  Jets fans see that sh*t all the time.  Especially vs. the Giants, who they havent beaten since 1993.

Go weep somewhere else.  

You mean a QB doing their job? What about against the Eagles? F*ck 1993, we've never beaten them.

I don't know if it's just dillusional, or maybe its an indication of how long it's been since we've had a QB - but some of you guys are high as a motherf*cker.

I didnt bump the thread, Im just not running from what I said, so I hope you're not directing that towards me. Im not the dozens of people here taking their turn to give out shots. 

Im just here standing my position. 

If it were directed at you, you'd have been quoted.  But, certainly, you apply to the thesis.

You mean a QB doing their job? What about against the Eagles? F*ck 1993, we've never beaten them.

I don't know if it's just dillusional, or maybe its an indication of how long it's been since we've had a QB - but some of you guys are high as a motherf*cker.

lol its just been that long my friend. 

If it were directed at you, you'd have been quoted.  But, certainly, you apply to the thesis.

Just making sure. I didnt want to have to thrash you. 

Dillusional?

The talk actually was he "hasnt" won more than 6 games.....ever (prior to yesterday) yet you guys bailed on Geno though he's won more games in his rookie season than Fitz has yet to amass. 

That was actually the talk. 

What is the Jets record in games that Fitzpatrick started?  The thread title describes him as a "max 6 win" QB.  What is he now?  That is all I am saying.  I didn't say he was better than Glennon or anything!

Jets never lead after the 1st QTR. They really "dominated" ... LOL

Did either one of you watch the game or just read the boxscore? 

Did I watch the game?  Did you?  The boxscore tells you the score each quarter.  Watching the actual game would tell you that the Jets were pushing them around all day.  I am not a guy who will say that it is luck.  I actually blame Bowles for much of it.  Lack of discipline, stupid penalties, horrible special teams,  blown coverage.  That is not luck, it is lack of discipline.  I never said the Jets dominated.  I said that the Jets were not "manhandled" by the Giants.  Very few teams "manhandle" their way to a -10 minutes TOP, but in your opinion I am the one that didn't pay attention.

who is defending him? Everyone is just saying he is the best available, there are a lot of problems with this team, QB is one of them.

At this point, I think its time to play Geno and see if he is just complete garbage, or has any future whatsoever. The season is over, most this team is winning at this point is 7 game, put Geno in and either hope he shows some maturity, or tanks the season and get a better draft pick.

Coaching is a big problem too, Gailey is AWFUL, and Bowles takes plenty of blame for hiring him and his own crap.

golf clap

What is the Jets record in games that Fitzpatrick started?  The thread title describes him as a "max 6 win" QB.  What is he now?  That is all I am saying.  I didn't say he was better than Glennon or anything!

The title describes people defending a max 6 win QB. It derived from another post based on Fitz/Geno talk. Thats the actual description. If it wasnt you would have been able to point to a direct quote from me stating "No way in the world Fitz wins more than 6 games". 

To give you my point exactly, its about Fitz always crumbling during the latter half of the season. We got a month left. He he goes 11-5 I'll eat my crow. if sh*t goes down the drain and we dont make the playoffs.....well, we'll just have to see. 

I dont mind people taking this out of context. People have been having their fun with this the past 24 hours at my expense. We'll see in a month. 

You're right.  No reason to be excited for a QB that's on pace for 4000 yards and 30 TD's.  Not at all.  You remind me of people on FB talking politics.  No matter which side you're on, no matter how good something someone from the other side does, you have to consistently hate it because that's the stance of your party.  You are in the staunch "I hate Fitzpatrick" party.  Nothing is going to change that for you, just like your rants are not going to change anyone's opinions.  To be honest there was never an "I love Fitzpatrick" party either.  It's more of the "my God I may become violently ill if I ever see Geno again" party. 

let's make a baby

let's make a baby

We could but we have to get over my bullheaded demands of only using Wally Pipp analogies in truly specific Wally Pipp scenarios. Many relationships have failed for less trivial things. Say you will and I'm on the first Air Singapore flight to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then why you didnt mention this to Dom when he mentioned a week 2 game? 

I know why. lol.

Must I find a picture of a bunny with pancakes on its head or would you like to explain what in the world you're talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The title describes people defending a max 6 win QB

Exactly. Your notion of "max 6" based on previous results has since been disproved. He's now min 7 with 4 games left.

What was your entire premise here anyway? That because Fitz was a max 6 win QB for his career, he won't get better and isn't capable of achieving more than that?

Using that logic, Geno is a max 8 win QB, and Petty is an unknown, yet you want to settle for .500? 

Glennon is a max 4 win QB, including 1 win last year and 0 wins this year. Yet you want to trade for him?

Nice subtle Dennis Hopper quote..

Not my fault Rutgers had to wait the entire month of November given our 1-4 downturn to finally get his opportunity to troll. lol.

True. Also not @RutgersJetFan fault that he had to wait for you to wait the entire month of November for the team you root for to go 1-4 to finally start a thread about how you were "right" about Fitz. I'm sure if you started the thread in the beginning of November when the Jets were 4-1, he would have trolled you then as well. 

Actually the playoff picture really doesn't start taking shape until December, but you go ahead keep trying to save the anchor on your sinking ship.

I'll do so. 

Oh, we know. We all know. This is your MO. All of your posts are sinking ships, and everyone is fully aware that you'll be going down with each and every one of them. 

Exactly. Your notion of "max 6" based on previous results has since been disproved. He's now min 7 with 4 games left.

What was your entire premise here anyway? That because Fitz was a max 6 win QB for his career, he won't get better and isn't capable of achieving more than that?

Using that logic, Geno is a max 8 win QB, and Petty is an unknown, yet you want to settle for .500? 

Glennon is a max 4 win QB, including 1 win last year and 0 wins this year. Yet you want to trade for him?

Everyone has pretty much decided to come way after this thread was released. The purpose of the thread was to stop defending a guy that has had no more than 6 wins in his career yet trample on a Jets QB that acculated 8 wins in his rookie season (Geno Smith) given the week-by-week comparisons. Giving every excuse in the book for an 11 year QB yet a 3rd year QB doesnt get the same treatment because his struggles came in a Jets jersey.

So I can reiterate that 1,000 times but its not like people want to hear that anyway. I've realized that im rather special around here so Im trying to give all of my vocal and non-vocal haters their opportunity to dish out their grievance. Its looking more like internet therapy at this point lol. 

Archived