Dear Woody Johnson open up the vault hire a real NFL coach

joewilly12

Ive got my $20 ready how about you if you want I can pay for you if you cant afford it you can pay me when the Social Security check comes. 

I don't understand how you're old enough to have watched Joe Namath play for the Jets, and not old enough to accept that this is just a sport.

Yes, it sucks. I don't remember Parcells winning a super bowl in his first 10 games. 

I definitely have concerns about Gailey.  Just doesn't seem to get it all the time.

Other than that, the major issue is the players on the roster.  Maccagnan inherited one of the worst rosters in the NFL, it takes more than 1 year to get rid of all the stink.  Need to turn over the o-line & linebacker positions, get Cro out of there, and prepare for the Petty era

I definitely have concerns about Gailey.  Just doesn't seem to get it all the time.

Other than that, the major issue is the players on the roster.  Maccagnan inherited one of the worst rosters in the NFL, it takes more than 1 year to get rid of all the stink.  Need to turn over the o-line & linebacker positions, get Cro out of there, and prepare for the Petty era

No he didn't plus he had 50 million to upgrade it.. The team was 8-8 in 2013 and that was a talent less team except for the D Linemen..

Opinions are a**holes everybody has one. In case you  missed it we are 5-5 haven't beaten a .500 team and we got destroyed by a scrub ass QB whats his name.

I'm not one to panic

are you serious about this or just having a tantrum ?

No he didn't plus he had 50 million to upgrade it.. The team was 8-8 in 2013 and that was a talent less team except for the D Linemen..

Yes he did. Last years team was a mess. Bowles sucks, and so does gailey. We need a QB and I have no faith that fourth round petty is the answer.

We need to be bad, real bad to get a QB. The two crap wins last year really killed us.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

Fans need patience.  Your injured players are out of the game.  Fitz may be still feeling the effects of his surgery or it could be that the season is  over for him. 

Doesn't matter. We got shredded by QB reject T.J. farkin' Yates.

Next week the names will be changed but the story's the same ...

I will not badmouth Bowles. But when even troglydites like Buttle are saying you have to pass the ball effectively to win Chan Gailey is a disaster of a hire. Unimaginative, old, undynamic, establish the run hack. Get someone here with some balls and a clue. Or then in fact Bowles is that bad. 

I agree BUT your logic is illogical.  When you have a QB that cant throw the ball in today's NFL, its hard to 'throw the ball'. Gailey only calls what Fitz is capable of executing (for the most part).  We need a QB......BAD.  I love Fitzy, but he's a back up at best, a mentor.

Leonard-Nimoy_1622089c.jpg  

Doesn't matter. We got shredded by QB reject T.J. farkin' Yates.

Next week the names will be changed but the story's the same ...

I know the feeling.   The Bills got their butts kicked by the Jags.  Half our team (exag.) was out injured and that included our QB.  

People who are living in FF land think that because we added some players to the team we were an automatic playoff team?

Utter Nonsense......

Anybody who has been paying attention for the last four years knows that the Jets offensive talent has been some of the worst in the league and acquiring skill players like Marshall and Decker while nice were NOT... lets repeat that, NOT going to make the key difference until we got a superior QB on the team.

The idea that some folks are surprised that a journeyman QB in Fitz who has never had a winning season is playing like journeyman and not lifting his team above mediocrity is somehow shocking?

It really shouldn't be.

Does anyone say think that the Panthers would be better than 500. with Fitz at the helm or NE?

I don't, and that isn't a knock on Fitz. He is has been adequate for us, adequate and that is what most of us thought when the Jets got him.  Not one serious poster did I see when Fitz came on board, suggest that Fitz was the final piece to a playoff puzzle and now we are complaining that the offense is up and down as it was destined to be based on the QBs we have on the roster? 

Also folks can't figure out yet that Chan is limiting his play calling to protect said QB?

That Fitz can't roll out and throw on the run on a consistent basis, can't throw the deep ball, can't run the hurry-up offense well and can't succeed without an adequate running game protecting him.  

This last point specifically shows why Chan is in a tough spot, because the running game has been totally ineffective and yet we have seasoned posters saying Chan is being to conservative!!

Well what based upon the foregoing would you have Chan do?

What?

It is simple Chan is trying to keep the offense balanced with no running game and a QB who can't throw the ball effectively downfield and with WRs (i.e.Smith) dropping sure TDs on those rare plays when the QB has managed to be accurate downfield.  

So no it isn't sexy but the Jets were not going to be alright unless Fitz and the rest of the staff played beyond their previous stats, something no sane Jets fan should have counted on.....

I know the feeling.   The Bills got their butts kicked by the Jags.  Half our team (exag.) was out injured and that included our QB.  

Yeah, and we nearly lost to the Jags.

The Jags aren't as bad as advertised. They're an up and coming team with young, rising starts.

At least that's what I tell myself to help me sleep at night. ;)

11 days to prepare and this is what we do? Pathetic. Coaching and GM both suck, and please dont waste another draft with Bowles and Mac. Are we the only team that has 0 rookies making any kind of contribution?

the problem is jets fans thought they were getting an ass kicker now that the daddy figure blowhard Rex was fired

instead we have another empty suit coach only this at least Rex motivated his players on an emotional level Bowles isn't even doing that

I understand why people are frustrated.  I am too; thought Mac and Bowels had a good start, was starting to believe that this was a 10-6 team.  But, they are what we thought they were going to be this year a 7-9/9-7 team.

There are many ways to ruin a franchise.  Draft poorly.  Don't get a franchise QB.  There are also ways to fix a franchise.  Changing FO/HC every year or so fits into the first category and not the second.  Also, knee jerk reactions to every bad game / loosing streak is another one.  A GM and/or HC normally deserves at least 2 years to see what they can do (if not more).  Maybe Mac is a mistake, maybe Bowles too, but name a quality GM/HC that is going to come to a team with no franchise QB, without the #1 pick in the draft and that has changed the FO twice in two years?

Archived