Brick

GangisGreen

Its a shame that with a solid OLINE from 2009 we have done completely NOTHING since 2011.  Guys like Mangold and Brick will belong to the NY JETS pancake HOF. Guys who were so solid but have nothing to show for it.   Have spent last 5 years watching the playoffs.    3 years of playoffs for Brick and Mangold. THATS IT.  Shame.

Meanwhile Cotchery is contributing to a 10-0 Panther team 

JETS management is pitiful.

Brick deserves to playout his contract and moreover...who can we get to replace him?

I don't think we should cut bait but it's definitely time to rebuild the O-Line and start investing some higher draft picks.  Our current young backups are not the future, we need guys who can step in and takeover.  Which is why this was always going to be a multi-year rebuild with a band aid offseason signing the guys we did.

I don't think we should cut bait but it's definitely time to rebuild the O-Line and start investing some higher draft picks.  Our current young backups are not the future, we need guys who can step in and takeover.  Which is why this was always going to be a multi-year rebuild with a band aid offseason signing the guys we did.

Agreed. Wouldn't be surprised if some of our top draft picks in April are on the OL. 

Here is a list of positions that are hard to fill especially when drafting in the middle of the draft: QB, LT.  i think we should draft OL and maybe another QB, but I would be surprised if we can land a starting LT where we are going to be drafting.  You will have to draft a guy that can become LT, so my guess is that Brick stays another year.  Plus consider the holes on this team other than QB and LT:

OLB, other OL, TE (of Amaro isn't it), OL, DL (if wilkerson and sheldon are gone), OL, ultimate replacement for Marshall, OL...

You get the idea :-)

Here is a list of positions that are hard to fill especially when drafting in the middle of the draft: QB, LT.  i think we should draft OL and maybe another QB, but I would be surprised if we can land a starting LT where we are going to be drafting.  You will have to draft a guy that can become LT, so my guess is that Brick stays another year.  Plus consider the holes on this team other than QB and LT:

OLB, other OL, TE (of Amaro isn't it), OL, DL (if wilkerson and sheldon are gone), OL, ultimate replacement for Marshall, OL...

You get the idea :-)

NFL should allow hopeless organizations to exercise some sort of an expansion option every 10-15 years or so.  They could cut bait on everyone (players and coaches alike) and start fresh.  We could use that right about now.

NFL should allow hopeless organizations to exercise some sort of an expansion option every 10-15 years or so.  They could cut bait on everyone (players and coaches alike) and start fresh.  We could use that right about now.

There is actually no real problem getting rid of most players and coaches.  The problem is replacing them.  This is the reason I wasn't eager to get rid of Rex until the end (although I thought we kept Idzik about 3 years too long... ).  When Bowels came in I was reasonably happy.  Things have soured a bit, but I am hopeful that he turns it around.

We can rid of many of the problems, but without being able to grab players from other teams (as in the old expansion days) or extra expansion draft picks, we are out of luck.  Just like we were out of luck the last few times we picked in the top 10 with no real QBs being available.  Hopefully Williams turns out to be a star, but a franchise QB is so hard to find...

There is actually no real problem getting rid of most players and coaches.  The problem is replacing them.  This is the reason I wasn't eager to get rid of Rex until the end (although I thought we kept Idzik about 3 years too long... ).  When Bowels came in I was reasonably happy.  Things have soured a bit, but I am hopeful that he turns it around.

We can rid of many of the problems, but without being able to grab players from other teams (as in the old expansion days) or extra expansion draft picks, we are out of luck.  Just like we were out of luck the last few times we picked in the top 10 with no real QBs being available.  Hopefully Williams turns out to be a star, but a franchise QB is so hard to find...

Yeah, I'm not sure of expansion rules, but thought there was something that would allow for building a team from scratch.  Whether it was extra picks or stealing players from other teams.

Just a fun thought as we're going through this endless BS.

Archived