Chan Gailey getting senile thinking he could block Watt 1 on 1???

jetscrazey

What about the poor play calling.   Throwing long in the 2nd half several times?  

Very disappointed in our offensive play calling and offensive  management in general.

VERY disappointed in our defense.

What did I miss?

lackluster special teams play 

What about the poor play calling.   Throwing long in the 2nd half several times?  

Very disappointed in our offensive play calling and offensive  management in general.

VERY disappointed in our defense.

What did I miss?

Throwing deep on any given play is not an all or none thing (or it's not supposed to be). The idea was to throw long if it's there to be had. Fitz throws it whether it's there or not because he won't look elsewhere. 

Gailey called a bad game, but it probably isn't as bad as it seemed because the calls are not "throw it deep no matter who else might be open."

Then again, Gailey has to know that this is what Fitz is, and call plays (call first-reads) accordingly.

Throwing deep on any given play is not an all or none thing (or it's not supposed to be). The idea was to throw long if it's there to be had. Fitz throws it whether it's there or not because he won't look elsewhere. 

Gailey called a bad game, but it probably isn't as bad as it seemed because the calls are not "throw it deep no matter who else might be open."

Then again, Gailey has to know that this is what Fitz is, and call plays (call first-reads) accordingly.

Dude....   WTF are you saying? :)

Sure as hell have me fooled

Not me.  A few years ago it was tons and tons of power running with very little passing.  Granted, that was due to having the worst quarterback in the NFL in Sanchez.  This season has been a lot more spread concepts with 4-5 receivers and single-back sets.  When the Jets were running the hell out of the ball there was  a lot of I-formation and 2-back sets with Tony Richardson and Thomas Jones or Shonn Greene.

Not Gailey's fault.  I heard Maccagnan forced the move.

He was hoping for two outcomes:

1.  Wilk would see what a the top Dlineman in the game could do.  Then adjust his contract demands accordingly.

*2.  It'd forced Fitz from the game and Geno could then save us.  Effectively taking the QB decision out of Bowles' hands.

* Disclaimer:  I could be wrong about #2.  Just wishful thinking.

Archived