Quinton Coples Waived

Maxman

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, makes sense.  Richardson is sidelined, the DL gets ragged dolled and cant generate a pass rush...why would he have room for a guy who can get to the passer with his hand in the dirt? 

When clearly some Jets fans know Coples can do this.

Mo gets killed for being at 7.5 sacks today by some.  Others think Coples is a DL because he had 5.5 sacks once.

When clearly some Jets fans know Coples can do this.

Mo gets killed for being at 7.5 sacks today by some.  Others think Coples is a DL because he had 5.5 sacks once.

Mo doesn't get killed unless someone compares him to Watt.. He's a very good player I don't know anyone that thinks he's not..

like I told the other guy. you ignore his play on the d-line and justify your response with his play at olb

Like everyone keeps telling you, he wasnt that good on the DL.  Don't know what you and others thought you saw him do.  

OLB, DL, he had no place here.  He can't play OLB, should have known he never would have put in the work and effort to learn the position.  And they werent paying him the money he was due to see if he could possibly be a backup on the line.  He had no spot on this team other than backup DL.  He wasnt replacing anyone who is starting on the line, not a chance.  And he makes way too much money to be a backup.  Do you at least get that?

Mo doesn't get killed unless someone compares him to Watt.. He's a very good player I don't know anyone that thinks he's not..

Ive read here he fades.  I've read he cant stay healthy.  I've read he doesnt do enough.  Killed may be harsh.

I've read he's a fiction of Jets fans overrating their players.

I've read he doesnt deserve the money, by people who don't have a clue how much he's asked for, if hes gotten to that point, doesnt deserve 70 mil.  Anyone who doesnt think he gets more than 70 is kidding themselves

Point is some who have complained don't recognize what hes done.  You have mentioned a 100 or so times that he hasn't made a pro bowl 

idk, maybe in this particular instance, bowles doesn't know what he is doing?

I guess Rex didn't either, because Douzable got reps over Coples on the line as well. 2 very well respected defensive minds are wrong over you. Gotcha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also heard klecko say that. but if I am not mistaken, coples was playing olb when he said it. I think we all agree that coples was not a good olb

I'm not sure really.  The Jets years ago moved Klecko all over the DL. He didn't complain, he just went to the PB for each position. That's how its done. Coples doesn't have any heart. I am sick and tired of this team with those types of players. Good riddance.

We picked Coples the Patriots took Chandler Jones after us................DAMMIT 

Chandler James Jones is an American football defensive end for the New England Patriots of the National Football League. Jones was selected by the New England Patriots with the 21st overall pick of the 2012 NFL Draft

Like everyone keeps telling you, he wasnt that good on the DL.  Don't know what you and others thought you saw him do.  

OLB, DL, he had no place here.  He can't play OLB, should have known he never would have put in the work and effort to learn the position.  And they werent paying him the money he was due to see if he could possibly be a backup on the line.  He had no spot on this team other than backup DL.  He wasnt replacing anyone who is starting on the line, not a chance.  And he makes way too much money to be a backup.  Do you at least get that?

jet nut, I get your point. I just don't agree with it. I believe my own eyes over what some message board posters tell me. nobody was saying that coples sucked his rookie year and nobody said he sucked when he filled in for Wilkerson last year. the only 2 times he played d-line in his 4.5 year career. but yet he sucks because he was forced to play olb.

lets keep in mind that next year 2 guys on the line are looking to get paid and 1 guy cant seem to stay out of trouble. rex screwed coples by moving him to olb

bowles screwed coples by continuing the stupidity

now they cut the guy

I thought he had value. the jets threw him in the trash

I'm not sure really.  The Jets years ago moved Klecko all over the DL. He didn't complain, he just went to the PB for each position. That's how its done. Coples doesn't have any heart. I am sick and tired of this team with those types of players. Good riddance.

just to be clear, the d-line and olb are 2 totally different positions.

Just to be clear DT, NT and DE are 3 similar, but different positions. Coples will never sniff a PB. But Coples is your guy, I get that.

meh. they are all d-line. when coples took over for mo, played pretty decent didn't he? I couldn't complain. now he is a piece of trash that gets thrown out. and that's cool with you and a lot of other guys.

We picked Coples the Patriots took Chandler Jones after us................DAMMIT 

Chandler James Jones is an American football defensive end for the New England Patriots of the National Football League. Jones was selected by the New England Patriots with the 21st overall pick of the 2012 NFL Draft

the Pats draft better, are managed better and have a better HC. All the cheating crying is smoke screen for our management. Is NOT near as good as the Patriots. 

meh. they are all d-line. when coples took over for mo, played pretty decent didn't he? I couldn't complain. now he is a piece of trash that gets thrown out. and that's cool with you and a lot of other guys.

He had a Rep for being lazy. It was correct evidently. I never used the word trash, you did. Whatever, I'm done talking about him.

Coples would be a solid 4-3 DE. He's too small to be a 3-4 DE and too big and slow to be a 3-4 OLB. A 4-3 team would be fine to pick him up and I bet he'd have a lot to prove and money to make if he gets motivated. 

thank goodness someone shed light here.   I think NFL coaches will see your post and call him in for a starting position.  

you don't think the timing is funny, considering the entire jets squad is playing like crap the past 3 weeks? 2 rooks trying to do something, anything to change the momentum? your money line makes sense and I see the benefit money wise, but I aint buying what bowles said. something else is at play here

What's at play is, after another loss, the GM has seen enough by now to not gamble another $8M of next year's cap space anymore. Coples is the only player on the team whose 2016 destiny was known, who also has injury-only guarantees for 2016.

It fits perfectly and makes perfect sense on paper. Then it's even confirmed by the HC after that to boot. But you ain't buying it.

Kay. 

I thought you were serious....     Little sensitive aren't we.  Relax, all good.  We suck together. Jets. 

I am serious. Coples is going to get another shot. Even Bowles in his presser said that he thinks there are better days in Coples future.  He was just drafted by a terrible talent evaluating regime and misplaced as an OLB. 

I am serious. Coples is going to get another shot. Even Bowles in his presser said that he thinks there are better days in Coples future.  He was just drafted by a terrible talent evaluating regime and misplaced as an OLB. 

we will see....  He was accused of laziness at UNC and it happened here.   Imagine a kid with marginal work habits getting a few mil in the bank.

That is Coples in my view....  

Archived