we had 9 days to prepare for a scrub team

kmnj

9 days to prepare for a scrub team starting its 3rd string qb with their best rb out for the season and we looked awful out there and with no emotion.

The job of the coach is to make sure players are ready to play and fully prepared and to make adjustments during the game-none happened

Our rookie coach looks like about as bad as a rookie coach can look-

If the jets continue their fall I would not give him year two-sometimes you just know it is not going to work-just like our last gm-it was apparent very quickly

Rex who some hated and wanted gone had two afc championship games- to his credit and when given good players at least had us competitive -we have a team with more talent and is performing worse while at the same time Rex and the bills will go to the playoffs.

I think it was probably time to move on from Rex but I think we moved on to a guy that is a worse coach

The age old tendency to take the fact that one coach or player is doing poorly as a way to justify incorrectly that another one is good.

I totally agree with the criticism of Bowles and his guys from this past game, it also does not make Rex Ryan even 1% better of a coach than he was.

These threads and the "I Told You So" threads are unbearable this year and even though I try to ignore them, I can't take it anymore. You'll say "well don't visit the board".  Thats like saying "well how about you stop watching the Jets?".  EVERY THREAD IS THE SAME.  

The Texans are playing good football and they beat us.  Good for them.  They were creative on offense and our offense took until 4 minutes left in the game to wake up.  We've been a fourth quarter team since I started watching in the 90s.  The biggest problem on our team is the offense.  Playmakers were making plays when we were winning and haven't done much since.  I don't know if it is injuries or what.  Special teams aren't good, the defense is good but not great (they'd be better if our offense didn't go three all the damn time), but if our offense played better everything else would be fine.  The defense has played well enough (minus Oakland) for us to win every game-- it's up to our offense to win us these games and, even though they're the best offense we've had in a long time, they aren't winning 3rd and 4th downs when we need it most.  I don't blame one particular person.  It's on the entire offense.    

These threads and the "I Told You So" threads are unbearable this year and even though I try to ignore them, I can't take it anymore. You'll say "well don't visit the board".  Thats like saying "well how about you stop watching the Jets?".  EVERY THREAD IS THE SAME.  

The Texans are playing good football and they beat us.  Good for them.  They were creative on offense and our offense took until 4 minutes left in the game to wake up.  We've been a fourth quarter team since I started watching in the 90s.  The biggest problem on our team is the offense.  Playmakers were making plays when we were winning and haven't done much since.  I don't know if it is injuries or what.  Special teams aren't good, the defense is good but not great (they'd be better if our offense didn't go three all the damn time), but if our offense played better everything else would be fine.  The defense has played well enough (minus Oakland) for us to win every game-- it's up to our offense to win us these games and, even though they're the best offense we've had in a long time, they aren't winning 3rd and 4th downs when we need it most.  I don't blame one particular person.  It's on the entire offense.    

I totally disagree with you.  Would a great Qb and play makers be desirable?  Yeah but this team was off season built around defense.  The offense is scoruing enough to win most games, even 17 points should have been enough to beat the Texans with who they have, a great Wr a Great dlineman and a bunch of ???  Our defense is supposed to be one of the best and a shutdown D, they are getting owned by not playing well enough and not being ready for what other teams throw at them.

Defense and specials are costing this team in most games.

I totally disagree with you.  Would a great Qb and play makers be desirable?  Yeah but this team was off season built around defense.  The offense is scoruing enough to win most games, even 17 points should have been enough to beat the Texans with who they have, a great Wr a Great dlineman and a bunch of ???  Our defense is supposed to be one of the best and a shutdown D, they are getting owned by not playing well enough and not being ready for what other teams throw at them.

Defense and specials are costing this team in most games.

Okay, it is letting me type now.  I disagree with you because even though we did build around our defense, we still made good moves on offense, and in this league we have to score more than 17 points no matter who we play.  We can blame the defense but I am blaming an offense that just isn't making it happen.  Special teams are awful but I have seen teams overcome that with good offense.  We have had plenty of chances because of our defense but how many of them did the offense capitalize on?  Offense has to score points and they are not doing that anymore.

"This website hates me and doesn't let me type a response half of the time. But how can the Defense be great when the offense goes 3 and out 99% of the time? "

The Jets are 10th in the league in time of possession.  Offense has scored 31, 20, 17, 27, 34, 23, 20, 28, 17, 17

Enough to win most games when you are supposed to have a great defense.  Our dline is littered with 1sr rounders including this year, our secondary was bought at a huge cost.  We signed Harris to big dollars.  The offense if anything is a bit better than one could expect from preseason, defense a huge disappointment.

A "scrub" team that has their sights in their division, and one of the better defenses in the league, and took down a undefeated team the previous game. 

I think you have the wrong team labeled as a "scrub team"

we're both 5-5 now. I guess if they are scrubs than so are the jets. 

A scrub team with one of the top defenses in the NFL over the last few weeks. But, you know, don't give the Texans any credit whatsoever.

Along the same lines; why run at Watt and Wilfork? Their corners were banged up  but weren't really tested.  Why call delay handoffs with when your OL is banged up; they aren't holding blocks but for that 1st push. Why was Giocomini getting no help on Watt? Why no rollouts away from Watt? 

Sadly looked like Gailey didn't watch tap of the Texans. He simply ran his plays. Disgraceful. 

"

The Jets are 10th in the league in time of possession.  Offense has scored 31, 20, 17, 27, 34, 23, 20, 28, 17, 17

Enough to win most games when you are supposed to have a great defense.  Our dline is littered with 1sr rounders including this year, our secondary was bought at a huge cost.  We signed Harris to big dollars.  The offense if anything is a bit better than one could expect from preseason, defense a huge disappointment.

I understand what you are saying, and yes, the defense has been a disappointment as of late, but the offense has had plenty of chances to win us the game (for example yesterday:  the defense causing a couple of 3 & outs), yet the offense just doesn't get it done.  That's not the only game.  The Bills scored 1 TD on our defense if I remember correctly.  The Bills D has been a bigger disappointment than ours yet we lost because our offense couldn't convert.  I think the biggest problem is our offense not getting it done in crucial moments.  Dropped TDs, dropped 3rd down conversions, and maybe the biggest problem on offense:  our running game.  I think momentum is the most important part of the game and we are great at killing it.

It's all fair game, IMO. You get these people that think they can go around trashing those who questioned Idzik or mocking those who liked Rex but then when it all comes home to roost, they want to act like it's unfair to even mention it.

a scrub team with a top 3 player and a top 25 player at key positions.....

Watt is top 1 and Hopkins on current form is almost elite, at least his numbers are.

I'm really surprised at their turnaround, i thought they were buried when they lost Foster. Imagine if he was still healthy.

I believe we have the talent to have beaten Houston however I would not say they are a scrub team though.  Watt has been a force that no team has been able to slow down and Hopkins regardless of Revis Island or double teams has found a way to be one of the best WR's this year regardless of the QB.

Our losses  are for a variety of things but the #1 problem right now is that we cannot run the ball.  Our losses have piled on as soon as we became inefficient running the rock.

Archived