Fitzy named starter this week

afosomf

if fitz could throw well thrown deep balls he'd be a hero

if Fitz could do a lot of things, he'd be a hero...but we aren't talking about him because of what he can do, the issue is with all the things he can't do.  We could start with 6 TDS and 7 INTS in the last 5 games and go from there, but the Geno like statistics and turnover rate for an 11 year vet is scary enough...we could say what's plain as day, good teams have players like Fitz as back ups not starters for a reason.  No one gets excited to have Frank Reich as their week 1 starter and think play-offs, even if you start 4-1 from the outside looking in you know the 4-1 start is fools gold.  Fitz is showing the guys still in their tighty whiteys in their fitzmagic t-shirts reading this it's time to make that shirt another c_m rag.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since when does the coach cut or waive anyone? And Coples wouldn't have garnered a comp pick because he was under contract next season. I know you're a Debbie Downee but could you at least be an informed one?

your right. the coach cant cut anyone but I am sure he had a say in it. mac wouldn't cut coples without running it by the coach first

if fitz could throw well thrown deep balls he'd be a hero

I'm usually in the front of the line to knock Fitz for his bad deep balls.  Been a bit quiet lately because it just happens so often I get tired of posting about it.  But the ball to Smith was perfect.  Maybe he was just really surprised it didn't end up 5yds short?  

Can anyone really blame a Jet WR for basically zoning out once they're 20yds downfield.  They should take a seat and play scratch-off games beyond 20yds.  Better odds of a payoff.

With that said, Smith did blow it when Fitz finally came through with a great ball.

Of course there was that deep ball to Decker that was so severely underthrown that the Jets got a penalty out of it.  The DB was beat so bad he figured there was no use even turning around, and so the flag was thrown when he plowed into Decker, who was coming back for the ball.  That pass was a real beauty.

Good teams have receivers who can catch easy passes....D3 teams in college have more reliable receivers than this group of clowns...a drop once in a while gets them a pass, but EVERY SINGLE game in clutch situations, points are left on the field because these guys cannot make the routine catches. And with no tight end or running game on top of it, what QB would stand a chance...Fitz sucked on those last two drives, but the whole team sucked for almost the entire game, and he was getting blasted by Watt almost every single time he dropped back. Good luck to either Geno or Petty playing with this team and coaching staff at the current moment...

Of course there was that deep ball to Decker that was so severely underthrown that the Jets got a penalty out of it.  The DB was beat so bad he figured there was no use even turning around, and so the flag was thrown when he plowed into Decker, who was coming back for the ball.  That pass was a real beauty.

This post makes me want to laugh and be pissed at the same time.  Also nod in agreement while shaking my head in disgust.

Well done.

not just one pass..there was a deep one to Marshall and another perfect deep one to Smith down the middle of the field...oh well, only three drops worth about 130 yards and at least one TD...no big deal.

LOL at this fan base .  We need to start Fitzpatrick because Geno sucks . 4-1 and all hail the king who is our Savior .  1-4 and off with the savior's head. Like I said time and time again, fair weather fans.

It's the right move to continue to start Fitzpatrick .

Why or why don't  you miserable folks support your team.

LOL at this fan base .  We need to start Fitzpatrick because Geno sucks . 4-1 and all hail the king who is our Savior .  1-4 and off with the savior's head. Like I said time and time again, fair weather fans.

It's the right move to continue to start Fitzpatrick .

Why or why don't  you miserable folks support your team.

Dunno bout everyone else, but I sure as hell wasn't saying "hail Fitz" after starting 4-1.  More like "good job playing the backup role".  But put in Geno before defenses figure out how to beat us with a limited (admittedly decent) backup QB.  Bowles obviously didn't agree and we now find ourselves @ 5-5.  

If Bowles is prepared to sink to the bottom with Fitz, so be it.  He just better not wait for one more loss and then put in Geno hoping for miracles.  He's definitely not perfect and will have issues especially his first game back.  Bowles would just be an idiot if he does that.

Since when does the coach cut or waive anyone? And Coples wouldn't have garnered a comp pick because he was under contract next season. I know you're a Debbie Downee but could you at least be an informed one?

Are you going to let the facts get in the way of a good narrative?

not just one pass..there was a deep one to Marshall and another perfect deep one to Smith down the middle of the field...oh well, only three drops worth about 130 yards and at least one TD...no big deal.

Yes the pass to Smith was excellent and should have been caught for a TD. The one to Marshall was not a great throw. Lower trajectory and Marshall catches that easily. But it was so high it was falling straight down and Marshall had to reach back. It did hit him in the hands but hardly a superior pass. But that is like 2 of the three good passes he had in the game,

Yes the pass to Smith was excellent and should have been caught for a TD. The one to Marshall was not a great throw. Lower trajectory and Marshall catches that easily. But it was so high it was falling straight down and Marshall had to reach back. It did hit him in the hands but hardly a superior pass. But that is like 2 of the three good passes he had in the game,

Yeah...I constantly see other teams receivers making great catches on less than perfectly thrown passes..for example, did you see the one handed grabs by Hopkins...there is not one person with football knowledge that thinks Brandon Marshall should not have made that catch and about 15 others this season. Marshall barely had to move his arms to reach the ball, high trajectory or not. Not saying Fitz was great or even good that game, but the receivers have been pathetic in the clutch for a number of games now. And to say Marshall catches that ball easily with lower trajectory is very presumptive. What was wrong with the trajectory on the end zone pass against New England...or the over the shoulder sideline drop against the Bills...or the drop/Int against the Eagles...

Yeah...I constantly see other teams receivers making great catches on less than perfectly thrown passes..for example, did you see the one handed grabs by Hopkins...there is not one person with football knowledge that thinks Brandon Marshall should not have made that catch and about 15 others this season. Marshall barely had to move his arms to reach the ball, high trajectory or not. Not saying Fitz was great or even good that game, but the receivers have been pathetic in the clutch for a number of games now. And to say Marshall catches that ball easily with lower trajectory is very presumptive. What was wrong with the trajectory on the end zone pass against New England...or the over the shoulder sideline drop against the Bills...or the drop/Int against the Eagles...

It should have been caught. But what I am saying is that it is a tougher catch for a tall guy. Throw 10 balls that drop at their feet and 10 that are above their head and Brandon catches most if not all of the high ones, but has some struggles with the low ones. Hopkins the opposite.

Honestly what's really scary about this team is that it could just as easily go 5-1 as it could go 1-5 the rest of the way.  Really hope Bowles knows what he's doing.  Because if we end up 6-10 to 8-8 after starting 4-1, Bowles will have failed miserably.

Agreed.

How do you know that?

Fitz is 1-4 in his last 5 games.

Why would any player in the locker room want a o get behind that performance?

Fitz is 1-4? You do realize that no aspect of this team is playing even remotely well...no running game, wide receivers dropping passes, defense underachieving, special teams lousy, and bad coaching to boot...plus, the guy is injured...total bs to lay those losses on him.

who gives a sh*t!! fitz hasn't been lighting anything up lately and geno is, well geno. talent wise, its probably a push at this point. it doesn't matter who the qb is when the rest of the team is playing like garbage. coaching, d-line, linebackers, secondary, specials, qb, receivers, running backs, & oline are playing like they don't really give a sh*t. hell, let kerley run the wild cat for the rest of the year.its not gonna matter. the jets are all but mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. 8-8 is a real stretch at this point

How do you know that?

Fitz is 1-4 in his last 5 games.

Why would any player in the locker room want a o get behind that performance?

Because no one can dispute this nonsense statement.  They dont have a clue who would win even a popularity contest but they keep saying shlt like this as if its fact.  

Archived