Jets work out RBs

joewilly12

Free agent RB Kendall Hunter worked out for the Jets on Tuesday.

He was one of four free agents to work out along with Rob Housler, Tim Jamison and Ryan Mueller. The Jets are already well-stocked at running back so they might just be updating their emergency list. Hunter has also tried out for the Patriots, Seahawks and Jaguars since the Niners released him in September.

Could be looking to jettison Ridley?

I thought I saw Ridley tear off a 7 yard run the other day but his stats say 7 rushes for negative 3 yards. Zac Stacy is done for the year and Ivory is clearly not the same player he was when the Jets were winning-also, say what we will about Willie Colon, Giacomini in there has really hurt the run game more than we ever thought that it would 

I want to see the Jets make an all out effort to sign Victor Cruz in the off-season since it now appears that his stint with the Giants is done. I'd take a coming off a season ending injury operation Victor Cruz over any current Jet WR not named Decker or Brandon Marshall

I want to see the Jets make an all out effort to sign Victor Cruz in the off-season since it now appears that his stint with the Giants is done. I'd take a coming off a season ending injury operation Victor Cruz over any current Jet WR not named Decker or Brandon Marshall

Cruz is done dude

Cruz is done dude

we don't know that yet Doc, he is at least worth a look next spring you know? I mean this guy is a force to be reckoned with when he plays the game of football AND he certainly can catch the ball UNlike our Devin Smith who has NO fight in him. He's caught 7 passes and has been targeted 22 times, so he'll catch 1 out of every 3 balls thrown his way. Cruz OTOH, numbers-wise is at least twice as good as that

One thing about Ivory that was mentioned on Sunday - he does his best running out of the I formation, and with Fitzy's hand banged up they are running much more shotgun, which doesn't work well together. So could be more than just lingering injuries at play there.

At least this regime is actually looking at areas of the team that need work.  One could argue they should have known about these before the season but at least they are looking.  Did it with TE earlier this year, special teams, Safety depth, now RB.s  Gives me hope that they at least have a clue at which players need to be upgraded.

At least this regime is actually looking at areas of the team that need work.  One could argue they should have known about these before the season but at least they are looking.  Did it with TE earlier this year, special teams, Safety depth, now RB.s  Gives me hope that they at least have a clue at which players need to be upgraded.

Fact of the matter is Rex and Idzik had ended up decimating the roster so badly that I swear some college teams could have beaten them the last 2 seasons. Wait until Buffalo finds out what little he knows about personell decisions. Mac has a long way to go at least one more year to maybe right this sinking ship

we don't know that yet Doc, he is at least worth a look next spring you know? I mean this guy is a force to be reckoned with when he plays the game of football AND he certainly can catch the ball UNlike our Devin Smith who has NO fight in him. He's caught 7 passes and has been targeted 22 times, so he'll catch 1 out of every 3 balls thrown his way. Cruz OTOH, numbers-wise is at least twice as good as that

apparently you know more than the Giants team of physicians who have been doing everything possible last 18 months to get Cruz back on the field

One thing about Ivory that was mentioned on Sunday - he does his best running out of the I formation, and with Fitzy's hand banged up they are running much more shotgun, which doesn't work well together. So could be more than just lingering injuries at play there.

I noticed that too.  Ivory isn't fast enough to be effective in space running out of shotgun.

We really have way below average talent at RB.  Ridley is a dumpster fire and Powell and Stacy are JAGs.

There has got to be some arena leaguer or guy in Canada better than what we have besides Ivory.

I noticed that too.  Ivory isn't fast enough to be effective in space running out of shotgun.

We really have way below average talent at RB.  Ridley is a dumpster fire and Powell and Stacy are JAGs.

There has got to be some arena leaguer or guy in Canada better than what we have besides Ivory.

I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted a RB in the early rounds to replace Ivory. Keep Powell as a backup, dump Stacy & Ridley, and find a late rounder ST type player who can be your 3rd option at the position.

Don't get me wrong, I think Ivory is a good player, and I love his style, but it's not versatile enough for a #1 back, more of a complementary back - the sort of guy you bring in to close out games when the D is gassed, that sort of thing. I just see him wanting decent starter money in what will likely be his last contract; we may need to go down the "year too early" route and let him go at the end of the year.

How about instead of drafting a defensive lineman, LBer or DB in the first round of every draft since 2005, the Jets, (whose style of play, even through all the different coaching regimes) have pretty much wanted to be a defensive force-run the ball type of team. So....why not every year now draft either the best QB or RB available #'s 1 and 2 come the next five draft days? Don't even bother wasting a pick on a WR because there IS no bigger offensive bust position than trying to draft Diva/receivah. Continue to do what has seemed to work out best; pick up the best and surest handed guys in either FA or via trade. 

Yes because our running game is one of the best in the NFL 

no because you are not going to find a street FA this time of year that is better than powell or ridley so whoever they sign is going to play special teams if he is activated

no because you are not going to find a street FA this time of year that is better than powell or ridley so whoever they sign is going to play special teams if he is activated

Powell is ok once healthy he will contribute Ridley has looked bad I know there has to be someone on the street better than him. 

We obviously found FA guys on the street better than Coples and to play special teams

How about instead of drafting a defensive lineman, LBer or DB in the first round of every draft since 2005, the Jets, (whose style of play, even through all the different coaching regimes) have pretty much wanted to be a defensive force-run the ball type of team. So....why not every year now draft either the best QB or RB available #'s 1 and 2 come the next five draft days? Don't even bother wasting a pick on a WR because there IS no bigger offensive bust position than trying to draft Diva/receivah. Continue to do what has seemed to work out best; pick up the best and surest handed guys in either FA or via trade. 

I agree.  I would even draft RB in round 1. 

Archived